College Football 2014 Season

buckeye

If florida wears orange-orange-orange they run the risk of looking a lot like clemson. here's the look they wore against fsu

When's the last time Clemson wore orange-orange-orange? Dabo usually has them wear orange-orange-white.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Arkansas state is being forced to remove the cross from our helmets that had the initials of two team members who passed away this off-season. It apparently made it up to the state Supreme Court.

That is about as stupid as the people cheering for the deaths of military soldiers. A cross is the best way to honor a fallen person as it represents love and honor to that individual and this is just another case where the left minded people are offended by everything. Jeez, people need to grow up and realize the reason behind this memorial sticker and not be so petty!

Thankfully a good portion of the population disagrees with that. If you must memorialize individuals on uniforms do it tastefully either with a player number patch or initials that's it. This is sport nothing more, so keep it that way. There's no need to bring arcane symbols of bronze age superstition into the mix.

So a cross isn't tasteful?

Correct. Keep sports agnostic from the senseless tributes to religion and military. Things are better off that way.

If florida wears orange-orange-orange they run the risk of looking a lot like clemson. here's the look they wore against fsu

When's the last time Clemson wore orange-orange-orange? Dabo usually has them wear orange-orange-white.

I'm pretty sure it was the game against South Carolina in 2012. Haven't seen it since. We may see it this year against SC, based on the school's description of the game: Solid Orange.

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

Arkansas state is being forced to remove the cross from our helmets that had the initials of two team members who passed away this off-season. It apparently made it up to the state Supreme Court.

That is about as stupid as the people cheering for the deaths of military soldiers. A cross is the best way to honor a fallen person as it represents love and honor to that individual and this is just another case where the left minded people are offended by everything. Jeez, people need to grow up and realize the reason behind this memorial sticker and not be so petty!

Thankfully a good portion of the population disagrees with that. If you must memorialize individuals on uniforms do it tastefully either with a player number patch or initials that's it. This is sport nothing more, so keep it that way. There's no need to bring arcane symbols of bronze age superstition into the mix.

Correct. Keep sports agnostic from the senseless tributes to religion and military. Things are better off that way.

It is very tasteful and the sticker did not ask anyone to follow Jesus, in fact the cross on the helmet didn't say a single thing except to acknowledge the two young men that died was Christian. Now how someone can find that offensive is beyond dumb in my opinion.

I love the military appreciation uniforms and to hate them to me is Un-American. That is my belief and I am not starting an argument, but stating my point.

spacer.png

It is very tasteful and the sticker did not ask anyone to follow Jesus, in fact the cross on the helmet didn't say a single thing except to acknowledge the two young men that died was Christian. Now how someone can find that offensive is beyond dumb in my opinion.

I love the military appreciation uniforms and to hate them to me is Un-American. That is my belief and I am not starting an argument, but stating my point.

Amen man I agree 100 percent if you have a problem with hating military appreciation jerseys there is two borders you can cross.

Another new helmet for Kentucky ?? (where is nuodor [sorry if i misspelled it!) ??)

BxSr0yXIQAAtQ_U.jpg

Also Florida players are asking to go mono-orange vs. Kentucky...and the last time they did that was against...Kentucky..

http://yourlisten.com/asset/load/542662 (couldnt embed image)

I enjoy that helmet.

I am in love with it too. The facemask isn't exactly chrome, but reflective. It contrasts so great against the matte white. And I'm guessing they use the same effect on the blue helmets?

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

Especially since Nike will make them change to a new uniform before they can use all 48.

Wait, how do they have 48? What am I missing?

Three helmets (black, gold, white), three jerseys (purple, white, black) and four pants (purple, black, white, gold) makes 36. I'm forgetting something, aren't I? Do they have a chrome gold helmet and a standard gold helmet?

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I could get into a discussion about the separation of church and state and how it's been co-opted, but since it would likely doom this thread to the Graveyard, I'll err on the side of caution and just simply agree to disagree and drop it.

starpoint.pngclippers.pngbullsnew.gif

Oh great, we have the "love it or leave it" crowd out. I don't have to like what you do just because you say it's "honoring" the military. If football teams really want to honor the military, they should stop pretending that football is war.

Indiana will be wearing this helmet today against Bowling Green with white jersey and white pants. Don't worry, they won't all have to share it. They have helmets for everyone this year (Thank you Big Ten Network money!) I hate this helmet. They need to bring back the plain white helmet with the red trident logo.

BL3ZJm1CYAAv6Zs.jpg

This is such a better look:

ind-11-12-allwhitehelmet-bennysieu-hor-6

Archived