College Football 2014 Season

buckeye

Arkansas state is being forced to remove the cross from our helmets that had the initials of two team members who passed away this off-season. It apparently made it up to the state Supreme Court.

That is about as stupid as the people cheering for the deaths of military soldiers. A cross is the best way to honor a fallen person as it represents love and honor to that individual and this is just another case where the left minded people are offended by everything. Jeez, people need to grow up and realize the reason behind this memorial sticker and not be so petty!

Thankfully a good portion of the population disagrees with that. If you must memorialize individuals on uniforms do it tastefully either with a player number patch or initials that's it. This is sport nothing more, so keep it that way. There's no need to bring arcane symbols of bronze age superstition into the mix.

That's a little uncalled for.

I can see where both parties are coming from. I know that that is how the team wants to honor the individuals, and I'm completely fine with it (even as a Christian, I won't be biased about this), but given the law and the fact that it's a public university, I can see why they had to remove it.

I kinda like what BYU and Houston are doing with their helmets. I really like BYU's with the dark facemask and helmet stripe.

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A former BC player (I assume) was killed in the 9-11 attacks and he always wore a red bandanna.

It's in memory of Welles Crowther, BC lacrosse player, who helped lead approximately 20 people to safety in the attacks. Back in 2011, UCF students honored his memory when the team played BC on the eve of the 10th anniversary of 9/11/01.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2011-09-10/sports/os-ucf-boston-college-notes-0911-20110910_1_bandanna-ucf-students-ucf-fans

Also Florida will be wearing Orange this weekend5648655676_f697534432_z.jpg

I really like that look. I'm surprised they haven't used this look since they moved away from it in like 1990.
They have used this look. Have you been living under a rock?

Don't watch a lot of FL games out here on the West Coast. Plus, I'm not exactly the biggest Gator fan so I don't have the best memory when it comes to their uniforms.

They've tended to lose in the orange. Surprised they're wearing them again.

FSU2.gif

Uw51mTX.jpg

I'm sure it's been asked before, but what is that torch patch? Academics?

I believe you're right about the torch. If the checkerboard was on the regular home whites, in the shoulder yoke area, this might work.

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

Rumor of Texas Tech wearing throwbacks against Arkansas this upcoming weekend. Old SWC

BxCThWGCYAAthOT.jpg

Love them so much!!! :wub:

we dont see enough throwbacks anymore. everyone wants an alternate color or something new (which im perfectly OK with) but glad to see throwbacks arnt dead yet

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Uw51mTX.jpg

I'm sure it's been asked before, but what is that torch patch? Academics?

It's the VOLScholar patch...3.0 or higher GPA.

Also Florida will be wearing Orange this weekend5648655676_f697534432_z.jpg

I really like that look. I'm surprised they haven't used this look since they moved away from it in like 1990.
They have used this look. Have you been living under a rock?

Don't watch a lot of FL games out here on the West Coast. Plus, I'm not exactly the biggest Gator fan so I don't have the best memory when it comes to their uniforms.
They've tended to lose in the orange. Surprised they're wearing them again.
The orange jerseys provide a nice contrast between the typical Florida and Kentucky blues and whites.

Archived