College Football 2014 Season

buckeye

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BiyolJQIEAArl-E.jpg

Not bad. But I have a problem with the facemask being the same color as the helmet. It's fine if it's navy, black, grey, or white but doesn't work when it's red.

and don't get me started on the fact that the facemask is chrome.

I wonder if Army is impacted by Nike's loss of Navy to UA. Having the two military schools together was surely appealing to Nike but Army by themselves isn't big time football.

I bet they still get special uniforms for the Army/Navy game since Under Armour has the Navy contract.

I was just told by our assistant AD that our rebrand unveil would take place on 4/21. That's the week of our spring game.

Is it a rebrand or just new uniforms?

Typically a rebrand would be across the whole dept and would cover, uniforms, logos, typeface, media etc.

I was just told by our assistant AD that our rebrand unveil would take place on 4/21. That's the week of our spring game.

Typically a rebrand would be across the whole dept and would cover, uniforms, logos, typeface, media etc.

It's a "push for consistency within the brand" according to the same guy. It's new uniforms acros multiple sports, finally using the same color of red and same fonts across all programs and allegedly a new secondary logo. There could be more but that's all I've heard of so far.

Basically, it's the same thing Georgia recently did.

Army equipment just tweeted this.

BjBNNdOIMAA48ug.jpg

Would be a shame to see Army in the same generic template that Fresno and SJSU (among others) use.
Especially since numbers don't line up with the recent NCAA rules for readability.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

BjBNNdOIMAA48ug.jpg

Would be a shame to see Army in the same generic template that Fresno and SJSU (among others) use.
Especially since numbers don't line up with the recent NCAA rules for readability.

Those numbers should be fine. Black stands out enough from the grey that it's not too hard to see the numbers. Mizzou wore these last eyar with no problems:

gary-pinkel-mu-vs-south-carolina-6.jpg

sportscarfskczps1d52136.png

It's a "push for consistency within the brand" according to the same guy. It's new uniforms acros multiple sports, finally using the same color of red and same fonts across all programs and allegedly a new secondary logo. There could be more but that's all I've heard of so far.

I thought they did that when they went to the current set with the jagged silver shoulder detail etc. Nonetheless that sounds like a rebrand.

BjBNNdOIMAA48ug.jpg

Those numbers should be fine. Black stands out enough from the grey that it's not too hard to see the numbers. Mizzou wore these last eyar with no problems:

i think they were grandfathered in, the NCAA didn't them to have to get all new uniforms because of this rule if they already had them, they probably have to change it next year

I thought they did that when they went to the current set with the jagged silver shoulder detail etc. Nonetheless that sounds like a rebrand.

They did for football but not for any of the other sports. All of the other sports will be changing over to the color of the football uniform and that will become the standard. When Bielema came in he wanted to change back to "traditional" uniforms and that probably helped make the decision to do this. They've slowly been getting rid of all the outlier versions of the Hog over the past few years and have only been using the one in my avatar. For years baseball, basketball and football all used different versions of the Razorback as their main identifier. They've been making a big deal about consistency and this should be the final touch.

Strangely enough this was just posted on YouTube by the Athletic Department. You can get a better view of the new front facing secondary logo. As someone posted earlier, it kind of looks like the head of Pumba from the Lion King.

BjBNNdOIMAA48ug.jpg

i think they were grandfathered in, the NCAA didn't them to have to get all new uniforms because of this rule if they already had them, they probably have to change it next year

That Mizzou uni was new last year.

BjBNNdOIMAA48ug.jpg

That Mizzou uni was new last year.

but they already had them before the rule was passed, same with Arizona's and a few other schools

Archived