College Football 2014 Season

buckeye

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would say the consensus on these boards is that thoes uniforms aren't very attractive. I think the Vick era ones were the best, but that's not saying much. With such a unique color scheme, im surprised they haven't been able to get a really strong uniform yet.

I vaguely remember that era, but I don't think this is an accurate assessment. From what I recall, while there were certainly people on both sides, it was predominantly positive (the template at least - I think the numbers were mostly disliked.)

The only good looking uni's that vt has had in recent memory was their all white pcr set and it was a completely wasted opportunity that they did not build off that design. The rest have been bland hodgepodges or traditional designs (current lsu template executed terribly and generic vick unis with inverted color sleeve numbers) or over-piped messes. The last modern set had some potential but the orange sleeves and side panels were just a bit too drastic.

Are you talking about these in regards to the white ones that you liked?

14.jpg

yep that's them...the use of the orange maroon stripe patter across the uniform really works for me.

I wish they would've used a black version of these for the Boise State game in 2010. This was a far superior look to the other pro combat set they had.

There were a few things i would've changed about the black ones but for the most part i liked them a lot. They were a nice PC evolution from the white ones. The graphic used for the gradient was awesome imo.

DSCN0591.jpg

I'd never seen anything like it. Personally i thought Nike hit on like 90% of the Pro Combat uniforms. Some of the 10% were pretty bad though.

I would say the consensus on these boards is that thoes uniforms aren't very attractive. I think the Vick era ones were the best, but that's not saying much. With such a unique color scheme, im surprised they haven't been able to get a really strong uniform yet.

I vaguely remember that era, but I don't think this is an accurate assessment. From what I recall, while there were certainly people on both sides, it was predominantly positive (the template at least - I think the numbers were mostly disliked.)

The only good looking uni's that vt has had in recent memory was their all white pcr set and it was a completely wasted opportunity that they did not build off that design. The rest have been bland hodgepodges or traditional designs (current lsu template executed terribly and generic vick unis with inverted color sleeve numbers) or over-piped messes. The last modern set had some potential but the orange sleeves and side panels were just a bit too drastic.

Are you talking about these in regards to the white ones that you liked?

14.jpg

yep that's them...the use of the orange maroon stripe patter across the uniform really works for me.

I wish they would've used a black version of these for the Boise State game in 2010. This was a far superior look to the other pro combat set they had.

There were a few things i would've changed about the black ones but for the most part i liked them a lot. They were a nice PC evolution from the white ones. The graphic used for the gradient was awesome imo.

DSCN0591.jpg

I'd never seen anything like it. Personally i thought Nike hit on like 90% of the Pro Combat uniforms. Some of the 10% were pretty bad though.

that 2010 PC group of uniforms was what really opened it up for everyone else. Oregon gets a lot of that credit/blame but after these things rolled out everyone wanted a new uniform. and the 2010 designs were on a level that Nike has rarely matched since. the ideas and execution in those uniforms were just ace

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Apparently, Illinois missed the "avoid jungle" memo because their new slogan is, "If it bleeds, we can kill it."

Hmmm.....Illinois seems to be bleeding all over the place at the moment.

*pumps shotgun*

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Apparently, Illinois missed the "avoid jungle" memo because their new slogan is, "If it bleeds, we can kill it."

*pumps shotgun*

Are you referring to Houston Bates? If so, rumors are that he's transferring because he had already lost his starting position for next year.

*pumps shotgun*

Are you referring to Houston Bates? If so, rumors are that he's transferring because he had already lost his starting position for next year.

I'm referring to their record of 6-18, 1-15 over the last two seasons.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

*pumps shotgun*

I'm referring to their record of 6-18, 1-15 over the last two seasons.

You just had to go there, didn't you...

"Classic" does not mean it gets a free pass for being bad design.

6624288275_95c33d4680_z.jpg

Here is a new Southern Miss helmet for the coming season.

southernmiss14_zpsf9cb0a70.jpg

If this is just a prototype, they seriously need to think about it. That's a good looking helmet. Just change the uniforms from the worst in FBS.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived