College Football 2014 Season

buckeye

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't quite get their helmet stripe. It seems kinda blah to me, but it seems it's the only thing they love. It's the same on every helmet.

Just an observation. Would like these a lot more if there was a better stripe.

"Classic" does not mean it gets a free pass for being bad design.

6624288275_95c33d4680_z.jpg

from a recruit

“Nothing in particular (stood out), but it did kind of excite me when I talked to coach Butch Jones and he was telling me about how they’re signing with Nike,” Johnson said. “He said Nike’s trying to turn them into the Oregon of the South, and I really like that title, because that’s a lot of uniform combinations.”

I'm sure nike really wants to work with that orange. I could picture some pretty solid looks, however, anything black will make them look way to halloweeney (ex. the black kit they released a few years back).

Also, I don't think this "Nike of the ____" ever works out. Oregon and Nike are buddies based on the fact that the Nike headquarters is right next door and I believe the head honcho for Nike went to Oregon, correct me if I am wrong.

I'm sure nike really wants to work with that orange. I could picture some pretty solid looks, however, anything black will make them look way to halloweeney (ex. the black kit they released a few years back).

Also, I don't think this "Nike of the ____" ever works out. Oregon and Nike are buddies based on the fact that the Nike headquarters is right next door and I believe the head honcho for Nike went to Oregon, correct me if I am wrong.

phil knight yes

More confirmation that UW is getting new jerseys.

https://twitter.com/A_Jude/status/443806754564870144

I wouldn't be surprised if the number font went back to what the bball team is using and what they used pre-sark.

impossiblefp4.jpg

The World Basketball Championship, the Davis Cup, Ryder Cup, Iraq: Every day there's further proof that we, as a nation, are not very good at international competition.

It at least applies for Maryland and Under Armour, however, as Kevin Plank (who founded Under Armour) is a Maryland alumnus.

Also, I really hate quotes like this:

“He said Nike’s trying to turn them into the Oregon of the South, and I really like that title, because that’s a lot of uniform combinations.”

That right there tells you all you need to know about what's wrong with the aesthetics of college sports nowadays.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

More confirmation that UW is getting new jerseys.

https://twitter.com/A_Jude/status/443806754564870144

I wouldn't be surprised if the number font went back to what the bball team is using and what they used pre-sark.

I sure hope not. The traditional block numeral font is a favorite of a majority of donors. It was hugely popular when they were brought back.

How about they be Tennessee?? There is only one Oregon and everyone else is hopping on the bandwagon. Tennessee should never be in any color other than orange or white (allowing for alternates with orange and white pants). There is not a single color that works with their scheme. The black was awful and the gray did not coordinate well.

How about they be Tennessee?? There is only one Oregon and everyone else is hopping on the bandwagon. Tennessee should never be in any color other than orange or white (allowing for alternates with orange and white pants). There is not a single color that works with their scheme. The black was awful and the gray did not coordinate well.

The "oregon of the (insert geography here)" has lost all meaning. It's just a BS line all the recruits are fed on their visits to get them excited.

That Army looks like it's made of the same burlap type material that the 2013 Authentic Bucs jerseys I have are made of. It creates a whole shoulder pad effect that looks and feels really bad wearing.

KISSwall09.jpg

Archived