Patriots concept... UPDATE, new font added

oldschoolvikings

Yeah, I've got a few of these floating around... I can never get myself completely happy with them. As always critique and comment is welcome. (Although based on the comments I've gotten from previous Patriot concepts I've posted, I should mention that in my mind, a red facemask is absolutely out of the question. The completely out of place red mask is my least favorite part of the current Pats' look.)

pats1_zpsb39119b5.png

EDIT - New font addded to try to mimic the new wordmark.

The sleeves on the dark jerseys stand out as too bright compared to the rest of the uniform. This could be fixed by either going with white numbers, or going with silver sleeve stripes. I would recommend the white numbers.

I would also consider either filling in the bottom of the sleeve stripe on the white jersey, or eliminating the fill from the blue version. Just might add a little more consistency. I don't see any problem with the color inconsistency, it's just the fill that's bothering me.

Also I'd lose the red jersey entirely... but that's a different debate for a different thread.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The sleeves on the dark jerseys stand out as too bright compared to the rest of the uniform. This could be fixed by either going with white numbers, or going with silver sleeve stripes. I would recommend the white numbers.

I would also consider either filling in the bottom of the sleeve stripe on the white jersey, or eliminating the fill from the blue version. Just might add a little more consistency. I don't see any problem with the color inconsistency, it's just the fill that's bothering me.

Also I'd lose the red jersey entirely... but that's a different debate for a different thread.

Well, I tried both... here's another version. It's more consistent, but that isn't always necessarily better... what do you think?

pats2_zpscfd3ec10.png

I really like the first jerseys, the way the sleeves look like an American flag is great, the added silver takes away from this, and in terms of the pants, the silver ones are good but but the blue ones need to improve by i suggest having a red white red white red stripe

A gray mask would work better than the navy mask, if you can't use a red mask (though red would look awesome here and wouldn't look out of place, because you incorporate red more than the Pats' current set).

To date, there has never been a gray helmet with a navy mask that looked good. The navy always looks black in that scenario. Plus the 1993 Patriots helmet wasn't too bad.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Agreed.

Aside from that though? I love what you've done here. To echo sentiments from another one of your threads oldschoolvikings, your name is one of the few that gets me to visit the concept section these days.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm trying another version of this... this time adding a new font. The idea of this font is that it should look more like the new wordmark, with the added side serif-thingys. Also, the numbers are now single color numbers because the wordmark is, and also single color numbers are awesome.

pats1_zpsb39119b5.png

Archived