Rite of Spring '14: Can you fall asleep with a panic switch?

The_Admiral

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Come on Montreal! I want to see the only fanbase more prone to setting stuff on fire than Vancouver's advance!

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

So, we're 3/4th's of the way to an all-BASS (well, sort of) final four in the playoffs.

Infrared's primary-turned-secondary team is in. Icecap tends to cheer on the last-remaining Canadian team, and they just advanced. CS85's Blackhawks are in. All that's left are Still Mighty's Ducks to make it......

Not happy about what the Habs did in the opening round, but at least this serves as some form of making me happy with what they did this postseason.

So thanks for that, anyway.

So Habs win. Does Montreal have home ice "advantage" against New York, Since Rangers have 96 points and Canadiens have 100 points? I thought I had this new format down...but we'll see...

Conference Final is straight points because each divisional playoff round is seeded 1-4 isolated from each other.

So Montreal has home ice against New York. Game 1 is provisionally scheduled for 1 ET on Saturday, based on what I was hearing last night.

spacer.png

Not much to say when your team has the mentality to try to score only fancy goals. They put themselves in this situation and can only look in the mirror to find someone to blame. Tuukka also needs to learn how to play under pressure. Guy falls apart like a house of cards. Like most seasons, though, I'm hoping that was Milan Lucic's last game as a Bruin and hopefully the same goes for Brad Marchand.

Go Ducks.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

I'm hoping for an LA win, only so I won't have to deal with trying to avoid all the bars who would evitably be showing Game 1 by having it delayed an extra day or two.

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

Not happy about what the Habs did in the opening round, but at least this serves as some form of making me happy with what they did this postseason.

So thanks for that, anyway.

So Habs win. Does Montreal have home ice "advantage" against New York, Since Rangers have 96 points and Canadiens have 100 points? I thought I had this new format down...but we'll see...

Conference Final is straight points because each divisional playoff round is seeded 1-4 isolated from each other.

So Montreal has home ice against New York. Game 1 is provisionally scheduled for 1 ET on Saturday, based on what I was hearing last night.

Thanks. I thought that's what is was, but wasn't sure.

I've gotta say I'm happy with the way the Eastern Conference playoffs have panned out. Pittsburgh and Boston are both filled with guys who put up big stats in the regular season but don't turn it up a notch come playoff time. I'm looking forward to watching the Rangers-Canadiens series; it should be a classic considering how great this season's playoffs have been already and the fact that both New York and Montréal are Original Six teams that haven't been to a Stanley Cup Final since the mid-90s.

And also as a Blackhawks fan I'd much rather see a Hawks-Rangers or Hawks-Habs series than a Hawks-Bruins repeat.

25yzwqg.png

Don't be scared if the New York/Montreal series features precariously few goals. Regular season scores:

Montreal 2-0 New York

New York 1-0 Montreal

New York 0-1 Montreal F/OT (penalty shot at that)

Now, yeah, this sounds familiar to what many may have said about the Habs/Lightning first round series, but, well, one of the top notch starting goaltenders isn't hurt coming into the series, which kinda changes the equation.

spacer.png

Archived