Teams you like, but uniforms you hate

msubulldog

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I could never like a team with a (in my opinion) ugly uniform.

That`s my exact feeling. I can't think of any team I ever liked which uniforms I didn't like.

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

I could never like a team with a (in my opinion) ugly uniform.

For most people here, I'd imagine their team didn't start out that way, they may have just gotten ugly as of late.

It's a lot like marriage in real life. *rimshot*

None of these are my "favorite" teams...just teams that I kind of follow but currently hate the unis... new Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Tampa Bay Lightning, Orlando Magic, Anaheim Ducks, Houston Astros, Milwaukee Brewers, Phoenix Suns, Arizona Cardinals, San Jose Sharks (mainly the number on front).

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I wouldn't say "hate", but the Kings were exactly who came to mind when I saw this thread title. They had such cool uniforms before and when they introduced the current home jerseys as a third in 2008, I thought it was kinda bland but I was okay with it as an alternate. Then they promoted it to full time home jersey with a matching away and I was pissed. I was glad they at least kept the black & purple as an alternate, and they got rid of it completely last year. The current home jerseys are about as bland and lifeless as you can get and you can really see the difference when they show old highlights or fans in the stands wearing the old jerseys.

I wasn't around when they wore them, but I'm also not crazy about the old purple and gold, but I might even be open to them bringing those back if they exercise some restraint with the gold, because the colors at least pop much better than the current ones.

For me, I really have no complaints as my favorite teams use classic sets. Though the Detroit Pistons did go through a teal phase before I was born, and while that is my favorite color I still realize that it was an insult to the tradition and history of the team.

Before you were born? Holy crap, how old are you?

The Chargers. Their current set is the only truly "bad" set they've ever had. It's not a simple case of switching to the powder blue alternates either, because it's not a true throwback. Just a recolour of the same home/road set with all of that set's fundamental problems.

The New Orleans' Hornets rebrand to the Pelicans has severely weakened my support for the franchise. Nearly everything about their rebrand left a bad taste in my mouth that still hasn't worn off yet.

Tradition is the foundation of innovation, and not the enemy.

I am lucky that all my pro teams have timeless looks. The White Sox are the most recent adaptor of thier current set, and they've been wearing it for 24 years. However, the Illini have often looked bad of late, and they just got a lot worse. The football unis are bland and will be mismatched, but I guess they don't suck as hard as they could. However, the baksetball uniforms? Crap on a stick, even before you get to the gray and orange alternate.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Brewers. Everything except their pinstriped throwbacks, which aren't great but are at least acceptable.

Every word of this. I get it... they want to have their cake and eat it too with the current arrangement, but it gets to be a little ridiculous when you look around Miller Park and see a bunch of royal blue and athletic gold everywhere except for on the players. At what point are they going to realize that they're hurting the Brewers' brand by refusing to adopt the classic colors full time?

Because the current set isn't bad at all. Yeah, I love the retro stuff as does everyone in the state, but the current look and colors is great in my opinion. I'm not saying I'm opposed to the throwbacks, because they are sexy, but to say the current stuff is hurting the brand is silly. Only thing the Crew needs is to bring back Barrel Man as a sleeve patch, which I think Goth has mentioned before.

I would say the Tampa Bay Rays. I love the color scheme and the team, but the uniforms are sooooooooo bland in a bad way it isn't even funny. With that color scheme, I would expect something crazy like they did with the 1998-2000 or even the 2001-2007 sets but they rather played it safe.

Orlando%20Magic_zpsjn8kx3lf.png

I would say the Tampa Bay Rays. I love the color scheme and the team, but the uniforms are sooooooooo bland in a bad way it isn't even funny. With that color scheme, I would expect something crazy like they did with the 1998-2000 or even the 2001-2007 sets but they rather played it safe.

Didn't your boy in your avatar there miss pretty badly on that punch? I can't remember for sure, but I feel like he whiffed big time. Kinda like Jermaine O'Neal going for the haymaker on that fan during the Malace at the Palace

90758391980.gif

For me, I really have no complaints as my favorite teams use classic sets. Though the Detroit Pistons did go through a teal phase before I was born, and while that is my favorite color I still realize that it was an insult to the tradition and history of the team.

I am 14. I was born in 1999, but now going through this website I see that the Pistons still did use those middle finger to tradition uniforms for the first couple years of my life.

imagejpg1_zpsbdf53466.jpg
image.jpg1_zpswbnsopjp.jpg

I am 14. I was born in 1999, but now going through this website I see that the Pistons still did use those middle finger to tradition uniforms for the first couple years of my life.

You feel old when users were born after you made your account... :oh:

Buccaneers. My favorite team since 1986. Now has the worst uniforms in the NFL.

Most of the other teams I like, I love the UNI's...

chris_creamer_siggy.png

Please do not fool yourself, the Buccaneers jersey is conceptually and creatively an abomination. Read the "FANFARE" Here...

You feel old when users were born after you made your account... :oh:

It's good to see the young folk have an interest in sports aesthetics. Now back on my rocker so I can yell at kids to get off my lawn.

Archived