US Soccer Concept (T-Shirt On Sale & More Uniforms Added)

JPDesign

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really like this! But what about moving the stripes from vertical to horizontal to match the hoops jersey.

Nice progression for sure.

very intersted and well done concepts

Would it look too Captain America-ny if you had the white/blue reversed, so it's a white star like on the flag, as well as the stripes horizontal instead of vertical?

Alright I've got one kit ready to share. It's basically the third from 2012 but switched to be a red sash on a navy shirt. I think that the sash and the hoops are by far the best kits the US has ever had so I didn't want to stray too far from it.

4qWke6u.jpg

Also, as a fun little sidebar, I submitted my crest / roundel design to CottonBureau as a t-shirt and they approved it. It should be for sale some time this week! I'm super excited! I'll let you guys know when it's up in case you want one :)

I've got some more uniforms to share. For the home kit, it doesn't get much better than the Waldo-hoops, IMO. I did remove the sublimated sash from the hoops because I always felt that was a bit too much.

3CbUek0.jpg

I also did this design. I hesitate to even call this a third kit. It's a bit goofy but I actually like the way it came out and I wanted to share it. The design matches the crest really well but it's almost straight up Captain America. Maybe US Soccer could have a Captain America night or something. ;)

pqCvWPN.jpg

Re: the color of the stars, I tried white on blue initially but it made the blue parts stand out more and had the "flower" effect that someone mentioned on the first page.

Re: horizontal stripes, it didn't really look right on the crest. It looked fine on the roundel, but I like them vertical for consistency's sake.

Re: number of stripes on the roundel, I tried four red and three white but the busyness felt like it competed with the ball, and I wanted the ball to stand out. I also like having the stripes be consistent from the crest to the roundel.

Thanks for all the feedback so far, and anyone who bought the shirt!

Thats too cool!! Too bad about not being able to have United States Soccer est. 1913 on the front with the logo and having that all in a faded look on a navy shirt would be an instant buy for me :P but I'm just getting picky..

I usually don't like the Captain America layout, but that is very nice. It works really well. Makes the current World Cup clash kit look like the training kit.

"Type something, will ya? We're paying for this stuff." - Peter Venkman
Complete: Stateside Soccer Federation | Complete: World Football Club Alliance | Stalled: Roller Hockey International Redux | Stalled: MLB & Soccer Crossover

I agree with you 100 percent that the hoops should be primary and sash secondary for the USMNT. These look great! I am really blown away how a team without any consistant visual identity can easily have one that is classic, unique and instantly recognizable all at once. Not feeling the Captain America third however.

Would a two color sash (white over red) better differentiate a US kit from Peru's? (and also connect the sash secondary better with a red and white hoop primary)

I really like the second concept uniform and believe it'd be perfect for the US. While I'll always wish that we would return to the old hoops, this is a great "update" to what was the best US uniform.

The crest is also an update to the current one. It's a bit bland, but for an international team, i can't think of any way of making it less bland without getting rid of the international team vibe.

I really like where this is going, but I think it could use some touching up.

- What about the ball in blue, with the stars in white?

- Making the stars not touch each other might improve the "readability" of the ball.

- Perhaps the red/white stripes going down to the halfway point of the ball, leaving only the bottom part of the ball showing?

- I'd be curious to see it with a more rounded font, similar to what was used on the jerseys previous to this year.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived