Cavaliers Uniforms

OnWis97

So will we only see LeBron in the current uniform for one year? Will the Cavs change it up for their return to relevance?

I personally hope not. I love the uniform. I think it's great and hope they keep it forever.

Any thoughts, guesses (or even real info?)?

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure about the primary unis, but I'm assuming the Cavs are going to introduce a ton of alternates like they did the first time they had Lebron and like Miami did over the past four years.

IUe6Hvh.png

Not sure about the primary unis, but I'm assuming the Cavs are going to introduce a ton of alternates like they did the first time they had Lebron and like Miami did over the past four years.

That's probably true.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

That's probably true.

Especially everybody and their mom is going to want a jersey.

That's probably true.

Especially everybody and their mom is going to want a jersey.

Everybody and their mom is going to need a jersey after they destroyed them the first time.

IUe6Hvh.png

I can't stand their current uniforms, such a bland and flawed identity. But, though I liked their previous set, I see its flaws as well. I think they should try to blend eras. Take the navy alternate from the previous set, use the current colors (which are wonderful), match the wordmarks and logos, and you'll have an excellent identity, mixing both modern style and traditional sensibilities.

Tradition is the foundation of innovation, and not the enemy.

I believe the Cavs will change uniforms, possibly this summer. They changed immediately after LeBron left, so I wouldn't put it past them to change again before the start of next season.

As to what they will change to, I also wouldn't put it past to Cavs to change everything. The Cavs have had many different logos, color schemes and jersey designs during their history. Therefore, I wouldn't be surprised to see them roll out in something we've never seen them wear before because that's just what the Cavs do. Also I don't think many Cavalier fans are sentimental for any of the team's previous looks so why not do something completely new?

I wouldn't mind it if they changed from their current uniforms. They're just completely generic and look lazily designed. You can find a ton of high schools and colleges in jerseys like those and/or in those colors. The Cavs just need to put a little bit more into their uniforms.

Personally, I don't much mind their current uniforms--yeah they may be a bit on the milquetoast side, but at the same time they're also decently solid and, if LeBron and Co. can string together a chain of success with them, they may end up becoming something of a definitive "Cleveland look". (That they're one of only two major pro sports teams and the only one in the L to exclusively employ that maroon/dark red/burgundy and athletic gold scheme is also a point in their favor.) Now their current logo set, on the other hand...that could use some work.

On the other hand...I also wouldn't mind if they did like Andrew just mentioned above and started all the way back over. So long as it's something solid and decently disctinctive.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

There were a number of flaws with the Lebron I set (poor wordmarks, meh font, mismatched color on home jersey), but all-in-all, I really liked that set, outside of the awful blue alt which they wore too much.

I really dislike the current set. Not only did I prefer the old colors (actual gold works when it's a dazzle mesh), but I liked the template so much more. I generally prefer traditional jerseys and templates, but the current set is just SO freaking bland. That they use single-color accents and exclude white completely from the road and alt set makes it worse.

Although I greatly prefer the previous set, they aren't going back to that outside of throwbacks. They'll probably keep the current gear for two years, then after all of Cleveland has bought a #6 jersey in each color, they will rebrand in time for what should be their peak.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Archived