Cavaliers Uniforms

OnWis97

I think we'll see them do a modest rebrand for 2015. There's simply not enough time to orchestrate it before the regular season starts.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Best Cavs jersey concept i've ever come across. If they don't go with something similar to these, they are making a huge mistake imo

CavsWhite_zpsdd46466c.png

CavsHome_zps0ee5c086.png

CavsAway_zps4ceb5fbf.png

Yeah those were made by me. I did a bunch of different color combos but don't feel like flooding the thread with my concepts.

PLEASE post these in the concepts thread..i would not mind at all!!

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

I don't know if this has been brought up before but I'm starting to think that the chances they simply go back to the earlier LeBron uniforms is slim to none because of money. While many people probably did burn their jerseys, many still have them. Having him in a new uniform, whether the current or a totally new design, gives them more space to sell.

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

Count me in the mega minority, but I think a gestalt of these sets would be the best possible look for the Cavs.

Cleveland-Cavaliers-LeBron-James-Away-Ro

It maintains a distinctive feel, and makes the most out of the two colors. Just limit the color blocks to the panels, and they'd be set.

Basically that, with the current colors would do fine. Hell, just use the side-panels from this set and stick them on the current set and it would add enough to bring the jerseys from boring to solid

I love those. This design proves they could still get a great look without using navy. Adding the white does wonders, I'd love to see a white version of that mocked up, along with a gold alternate that reads "CAVS"

Best Cavs jersey concept i've ever come across. If they don't go with something similar to these, they are making a huge mistake imo

CavsWhite_zpsdd46466c.png

CavsHome_zps0ee5c086.png

CavsAway_zps4ceb5fbf.png

These are beautiful.

I might be in the minority but I think those are horrible. I've always thought the wordmark used during the previous LBJ era was hideous, and trying to mesh the '90s design in just doesn't work for me.

I've been saying it over and over and I'll say it again: current Cavs' uniforms are total lackluster blandness that can't be gotten rid of soon enough. What made them even more offensive (I don't know if they can even be, though), is that they replaced one of the best sets in the league.

Also, not a fan of that concept that has been brought up now that merges the designs of different eras. I don't like that swash from the 90's at all, it kills the design for me.

I'm all for bringing back the '03-'10 unis, minus the navy alternate. C'mon Cavs, do it!

Cleveland will probably redesign in 2016-17. They need to cash-in on their current uniforms (as bland as they are, heaps of people will blindly purchase LeBron jerseys before the season starts). Then once the team goes deep into the playoffs (I think they'll be in the ECF at the least in this upcoming season), they'll sell even more merch on account of being a winning franchise. Plus, LeBron will almost definitely help make Thompson / Irving / Bennett / Waiters / Wiggins stars so Cleveland will have no issues with merch sales. Once 2016-17 hits, Cleveland can redesign and cash-in all over again. With such an aray of different looks through Cleveland's history, Cleveland Merch is an absolute gold mine.

I could see the NBA introduce some mid 2010s throwback uniforms in the next few years, just to let LeBron wear his old uniforms again.

Then we could see the Sixers in the Iverson era look against the Cavs in the red-gold-Navy look for example.

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

I'm guessing with LBJ back, the Cavs will now be members of the hideous sleeved jersey club for the upcoming season.

you're basing that guess on what exactly?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I'm guessing with LBJ back, the Cavs will now be members of the hideous sleeved jersey club for the upcoming season.

When James was with the Cavs the first time they had tons of alternates that diluted their brand. When he went to the Heat they got tons of alternates that diluted their brand. So it stands to reason that the Cavs will do that again so that they can sell as many James jerseys as possible.

Given that, and the current jersey trends, it's not unreasonable to assume a few will have sleeves. Then again James has been one of the most outspoken critics of the sleeved jerseys, so who knows?

When James was with the Cavs the first time they had tons of alternates that diluted their brand. When he went to the Heat they got tons of alternates that diluted their brand. So it stands to reason that the Cavs will do that again so that they can sell as many James jerseys as possible.

Given that, and the current jersey trends, it's not unreasonable to assume a few will have sleeves. Then again James has been one of the most outspoken critics of the sleeved jerseys, so who knows?

It is reasonable to assume that they'll add some alts, like they already do with those Cav Fanatics jerseys, but considering his feelings regarding the sleeves, I'm not sure how it's reasonable to think that his signing will trigger the creation of something that he hates.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I've been saying it over and over and I'll say it again: current Cavs' uniforms are total lackluster blandness that can't be gotten rid of soon enough. What made them even more offensive (I don't know if they can even be, though), is that they replaced one of the best sets in the league.

Exactly. It came as quite a shock when the current Cavaliers set was unveiled because I thought they would just recolour the uniforms like they did with the logos. I Definitely didn't think they'd throw away everything interesting and appealing about their look for something so lifeless.

Archived