2014 NFL Season Thread

I wonder if the Steelers would have rather lost to Bengals last week just to avoid Baltimore.

They probably would've fared better against Indianapolis.

What's so frustrating is it feels like the Ravens always beat the Steelers, whereas the Bengals usually sh** their pants against the Steelers (and usually someone important gets injured. See: AJ Green). When it comes to Baltimore though, the Bengals seem to pull out wins more often than not.

I'd rather struggle with Baltimore and play the Steelers tough rather than the other way around.

PvO6ZWJ.png

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After all these years, Roethlisberger still tries to force it in the holes....

At least it's in public and not a bathroom with his other "offensive line" protecting him.

knocked it out of the park.

There are 4 year old kids in Pittsburgh who have never seen a Steelers playoff win. I feel bad for them.

Where was this when Jameis Winston sucked on Wednesday? Haters gonna hate I guess.

Jameis Winston gets his fair share. Roethlisberger and his supporters don't hear about it enough. IMO.

PvO6ZWJ.png

The Ravens couldn't beat Case freaking Keenum.

They only made the playoffs because San Diego choked against Case Daniel.

And given how they mishandled the Ray Rice situation... karma should be biting these guys in their classless you-know-whats.

The Ravens at times in December looked awful (barely beat Jaguars, struggled with Browns).

It's like the baseball/football Giants... they just have to get in the playoffs and BOOM they stop sucking.

No idea if we're still doing PsoTD, but if we are, I nominate Mr. Lamarr's post. Well done.

I'll toss in a second for that.

How in the hell did this Cardinals team win 11 games this season?

They had a quarterback and a running back 3/4 of the season.

...and then they played the Rams. GREGG WILLIAMS IS MAKING IT RAIN IN THE LOCKER ROOM GUYS!

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Last year was refreshing for once to have a divisional playoffs without the Ravens.

I wanted the Steelers to win. They were really fun to watch at times over the last 2.5 months.

The Ravens are really hard to like. They have the Madison Bumgarner of football (only plays well for a month), the Ray Rice mishandling situation, Steve Smith is an aging bitter guy who is gholding on. It's not fun watching a QB play when he wants to play. I mean, two weeks ago, Flacco was beyond awful against the Texans. Now, suddenly, he looks wonderful again.

Is he the AFC's Eli, AKA 'The minute he reaches the playoffs, he's invincible'?

Seriously, karma's gonna catch up to them. I can't imagine the media firestorm they're gonna get if they reach the SB after what happened with Rice.

Last year was refreshing for once to have a divisional playoffs without the Ravens.

I wanted the Steelers to win. They were really fun to watch at times over the last 2.5 months.

The Ravens are really hard to like. They have the Madison Bumgarner of football (only plays well for a month), the Ray Rice mishandling situation, Steve Smith is an aging bitter guy who is gholding on. It's not fun watching a QB play when he wants to play. I mean, two weeks ago, Flacco was beyond awful against the Texans. Now, suddenly, he looks wonderful again.

Seriously, karma's gonna catch up to them. I can't imagine the media firestorm they're gonna get if they reach the SB after what happened with Rice.

WHY DO YOU WATCH SPORTS?!

It just seems like everything about it makes you miserable. You're dbademelancholy - East.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

Bad play against a Texans can be forgiven if he go into the playoffs and look like a million bucks. The Ravens right now, need him at his best during the playoffs. Ravens fans need him at his best. When you hit the playoffs and every game is win or die, you better look wonderful. THere are some that during the regular season can look pedestrian during the regular season but when the playoffs hit, they turn up their game. IT does no good if he is a regular season nightmare for teams, put up ungodly numbers and checks out for the post season.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

I thought Jim Harbaugh looked weird in Ravens gear and then remembered he played for the Ravens.

28harbaugh-pic-articleLarge.jpg

He also played for the Colts for a few years (1995 was his best year).

jim-harbaugh-colts.jpg

I thought Jim Harbaugh looked weird in Ravens gear and then remembered he played for the Ravens.

28harbaugh-pic-articleLarge.jpg

He also played for the Colts for a few years (1995 was his best year).

jim-harbaugh-colts.jpg

I'm aware.

I only posted that because I thought it was funny that he was standing on the Ravens sideline in Ravens gear just weeks after being the 49ers head coach.

PvO6ZWJ.png

No idea if we're still doing PsoTD, but if we are, I nominate Mr. Lamarr's post. Well done.

I'll toss in a second for that.

Give the man his belt.

The M-XII have spoken.

BB52Big.jpg

At this point the Bengals winning a single playoff game will be my Super Bowl.

The actual Super Bowl is not for me, that's for other people. The conference championship game is not for me, that's for other people. All I ask is one :censored:ing playoff win. Once.

:censored: sports.

PvO6ZWJ.png

If the Bengals had Tony Romo these last few years, they'd have made at least 1 AFC Championship Game.

Dalton's just not that impressive. Other than last year's 30 TD's, he's not even a regular season stat-stuffer.

He doesn't have the arm of Stafford nor is the pure passer a young Peyton Manning (when he was 0-3 in the playoffs, but he had tremendous upside). Hell, he's not Eagles Randall Cunningham who also started 0-3 in playoffs, but at least he was dynamic.

When the 2005/2009 Bengals had Carson Palmer, at least he was more dynamic.

Archived