2015-16 Soccer Kits and News

crashcarson15

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So the men's team gets an awesome-looking lion, while the women's team gets... a fountain.

I hope they at least give them an alternate logo that plays off the pride of lions (lionesses?) meaning. Although I'd have preferred if something like that was their primary logo and their alternate was instead the fountain, but done in the relevant colors:

What the hell is that?

Wouldn't have gotten it on my first try, but apparently it's the fountain that sits in Lake Eola:

EolaFountain.jpg

"The pictures looked good on the computer," Will Brown explained

XCUfRbB.jpg

And Italy's primary EURO2016 shirt has leaked. I like it, though I think that if they left off the gold piping it would have looked like a good update on the classic Italy kits around 1970. And I always think that crests on patches are dumb. The away is better.

16ITAHLK1.jpg

Bologna introduces a boring black third

Bologna-15-16-Third-Kit%2B%25283-2%2529.

07Giants.pngnyy.png

And I always think that crests on patches are dumb.

I usually do as well, but I kinda like this one. The fact that it's the same shape as the crest itself helps a lot.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Sooo . . . Adidas didn't want the new team to use a lion because it would dilute the Orlando City look? Are both teams run by the same ownership? I'd have said "Screw that! We'll just use a different style of lion". I understand that adidas and MLS have a right to protect their branding but if it specifically said, "No lions of any type allowed", then it's pretty much crap. I wonder how much reference to a lion's pride they'll use in marketing though. That being said, They could have improved on the fountain as well. I have a picture in my head of another fountain design that would work like the one from the Kansas City airport logo.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Sooo . . . Adidas didn't want the new team to use a lion because it would dilute the Orlando City look? Are both teams run by the same ownership? I'd have said "Screw that! We'll just use a different style of lion". I understand that adidas and MLS have a right to protect their branding but if it specifically said, "No lions of any type allowed", then it's pretty much crap. I wonder how much reference to a lion's pride they'll use in marketing though. That being said, They could have improved on the fountain as well. I have a picture in my head of another fountain design that would work like the one from the Kansas City airport logo.

Ooh, I could see that working well with some tweaks (the airport's logo feels a bit too 90's so that could be a little different), but the colors are in the right place. I do think what they have is okay, but it has the potential to be even better.

Speaking of Kansas City, Sporting announced their new USL affiliate, Swope Park Rangers (which is the name of their reserves team apparently), which will be playing at Swope Soccer Village starting next season.

SPR_900x900.jpg

Taking away the dumb corporate speak (also how is that indigo? I'm pretty sure that's just straight-up navy), I think I like it. Rangers is a unique name in US soccer (save for the PDL's New Jersey Rangers), and it does have a unique local tie-in. It could be a lot worse - they could've called them Sporting Kansas City 2.

spacer.png

Drink water and try to have fun!

I loved that they went with a different name. It allows them in the future, if they wanted to, to create a totally different identity with the team and not have to use Sporting's extra jerseys and such. I think the {insert team name} 2 is a cop out. Unless they add Electric Bugaloo to the name. Seattle Sounders 2 - bad, Seattle Sounders 2: Electric Bugaloo - awesome ;)

I love that monogram, but it looks terrible on the shield. It's too narrow, leaving all that empty space.

Yeah, it's a little weird with all that empty space. They could at least put something there (maybe something to signify that they're from Kansas City?).

On a similar note, the Union will be announcing the name and badge for their Lehigh Valley USL side next Tuesday in Bethlehem. Having teams close to their MLS counterparts is a trend that I've noticed is starting to emerge (like the Dynamo staring a team in the Rio Grande Valley), and if it means that other teams do it and inject some more variety into the league (move Whitecaps 2 to Victoria? TFC2 to Mississauga?) then I'm for it.

spacer.png

Drink water and try to have fun!

I love that monogram, but it looks terrible on the shield. It's too narrow, leaving all that empty space.

Yeah, it's a little weird with all that empty space. They could at least put something there (maybe something to signify that they're from Kansas City?).

On a similar note, the Union will be announcing the name and badge for their Lehigh Valley USL side next Tuesday in Bethlehem. Having teams close to their MLS counterparts is a trend that I've noticed is starting to emerge (like the Dynamo staring a team in the Rio Grande Valley), and if it means that other teams do it and inject some more variety into the league (move Whitecaps 2 to Victoria? TFC2 to Mississauga?) then I'm for it.

Technically TFC II already play outside the city of Toronto, in Vaughan. They could use that name in the brand of they wanted. I'm also of the opinion that I don't like the 2 names. I'd much rather see an original identity, as well as teams in other cities. Why not Hamilton, Victoria and Quebec City for the Canadian USL clubs?

Archived