2015-16 NHL Uniform and Logo Changes

BigBubba

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the Av's were going to go with the sock stripe concept, they should have inverted the blue and burgundy on the the jersey the unveiled. Burgundy should be the Av's primary color, but ever since they switched over to the EDGE system, management has gone with three predominately blue (steel/navy) alternate jerseys (if you include the leaked 3rd jersey and the stadium series one). I wish they would go back to being a primary burgundy team (in terms of overall jersey design)

59ea7286cd78e_NewAvsSig.png.5747971588ea035fdc4dbcf3bf43f77a.png

That Stadium Series collar looks like the collar on an old replica football jersey, where it would overlap instead of coming to a point.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

The C concept logo is perfection is every way. Why can't the Avs contact him right away and make that the primary please and thank you?

Also, I'm in the minority. I don't think the Avs have ever had a good set of jerseys, ever. The 90's set looks pleasing, but it's too gimicky to be used now even though people are nuts on 90's nostalgia.

Here's what they should do:

Avalanche06.png

Take the alt from 01-07 set, strip it of black and replace it with the silver, and use the C logo and yeti patches. Pair the jersey with Blue pants and equipment, and you're golden.

new_orleans_krewe_player_sig___qb_donny_

The C concept logo is perfection is every way. Why can't the Avs contact him right away and make that the primary please and thank you?

Also, I'm in the minority. I don't think the Avs have ever had a good set of jerseys, ever. The 90's set looks pleasing, but it's too gimicky to be used now even though people are nuts on 90's nostalgia.

Here's what they should do:

Avalanche06.png

Take the alt from 01-07 set, strip it of black and replace it with the silver, and use the C logo and yeti patches. Pair the jersey with Blue pants and equipment, and you're golden.

How would you go upon designing the white jersey?

Do the Canucks iron-on names and numbers in the preseason or something? It looks like some players are sweating through the numbers.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

That Stadium Series collar looks like the collar on an old replica football jersey, where it would overlap instead of coming to a point.

The Islanders 3rd does the same thing.

It looks cheap.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

How is this even a conversation? They shouldn't be wearing their mountain range uniforms because people are nuts about 90's nostalgia, they should be wearing them because they're a 90's team! A 90's team that was fortunate enough to win two championships, in those very uniforms, in their first 5 seasons. it's a travesty the bibs have lasted as long as they have but moving further away from their championship look would not be a good solution.

How is this even a conversation? They shouldn't be wearing their mountain range uniforms because people are nuts about 90's nostalgia, they should be wearing them because they're a 90's team! A 90's team that was fortunate enough to win two championships, in those very uniforms, in their first 5 seasons. it's a travesty the bibs have lasted as long as they have but moving further away from their championship look would not be a good solution.

With everything going on with the new C logo, I think they are running a market analysis for its success.

And I can tell you right now it is going to be super popular, at least with the local folk. Anything CO is being eaten alive and spat out on shirts, hoodies, bags, caps, etc. across town.

If they use their Denver analysis for its popularity, the C logo will be the primary in 2 years or less.

Has anyone stripped numbers from a current Reebok replica jersey? I have a Hawks jersey I'd like to get renumbered, but I don't know if they use any kind of glue which would leave residue or ghosting where the numbers were.

No more Kane jersey?

Yeah. It's a pre-made Reebok replica with printed trim on single-color numbers. That bothered me for a while. Plus, I think the number proportions are off on the jersey (specifically the sleeves). I considered getting the numbers redone before this whole thing, but now I'm thinking I should do it no matter the outcome of the investigation.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

How is this even a conversation? They shouldn't be wearing their mountain range uniforms because people are nuts about 90's nostalgia, they should be wearing them because they're a 90's team!

People born in the 70s should stop wearing bell bottoms. Being born in the 80s doesn't mean you don't have to wear socks with your leather shoes. And teams founded in the 1990s shouldn't be burdened with that aesthetic legacy forever.

How is this even a conversation? They shouldn't be wearing their mountain range uniforms because people are nuts about 90's nostalgia, they should be wearing them because they're a 90's team!

People born in the 70s should stop wearing bell bottoms. Being born in the 80s doesn't mean you don't have to wear socks with your leather shoes. And teams founded in the 1990s shouldn't be burdened with that aesthetic legacy forever.

I just think that their logo is still fantastic and the idea of incorporating mountains into the stripes is genius yet subtle. I'm open to many interpretations therein, but those two things should be included in an Avalanche look.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Archived