2015-16 NHL Uniform and Logo Changes

BigBubba

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oversized sleeve numbers? Fat collar? Off-center, asymmetrical, yet arched script? Methinks Adidas is getting a head start on designing NHL jerseys...they own Reebok, after all.

Yeah, no.

None of this is new. None of the has to do with Adidas. It's the same :censored: Reebok's been pulling for the past couple seasons.

Just like last year's jerseys, they are close to being decent. Do the bigger shoulder numbers even really work? Hem stripes are not a bad thing. The 5280 on the too thick collar is kinda cool, but should have gone on the back or on the insider of the collar. I get it, but don't get it, as to why they are going with the C logo. They ditched the foot so I guess they wanted to pimp the hell out of the new C logo, but it looks so plain compared to the regular logo. I don't like the mountain version on the leaked 3rd, but why not use that version if they aren't going to use the primary?

Here's the kicker though: Detroit's might be even worse than the Avs with the stash.

"You guys should have a color in your logo that is in no way affiliated with the colors of the uniform." Vancouver Canucks staff to Colorado Avalanche staff.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

I guess I'll be the one to express the Unpopular Opinion. I like the new Avs alts and the Colorado state flag-inspired design elements.

The truth is that I've never liked the Avs' logo set. The A/mountain primary never appealed to me. The Yeti foot, while clever, just wasn't my cup of tea either. This was my favourite Aves look up until the unveiling of the current alternate.

I love the new C/mountain logo. It's cleaner. Bolder. I don't even mind the state flag on the shoulder due to the similarities in colour schemes. It's not like the Flames sticking Alberta's royal blue flag on a red sweater.

The stadium series sweater is a joke, but when are these things not? The only legitimately good one was the Islanders', and they ditched that to appease the G-ddamn Nets. The state flag stuff works for me though. I really do hope they make the newly released alternate the primary as soon as they can.

The Avalanche have been basking in the sun of the Colorado state flag for too long already, 'cuz their entire identity has become hopelessly B) watered down.

The TV numbers look bad, but I get the reasoning behind them.

The "external hangar effect" on the collar is apparently becoming a thing between this and the Ducks' thirds. Tacky. Thank you NHL for being so "pioneering."

Does anybody have an over/under on how long it is before the Avs just go with the "C" logo permanently? Emulating the Rockies? Good job, guys.

Another "C" is pretty bland too. The Canadiens, Calgary, Columbus, the Canucks... Come on Carolina and Caps! Join the Club!

And the Wings' jerseys are going to be painful... :rolleyes:

17013982017.gifu2jelkdnhfxbda2vmnsggv6hf.gif444.gifyo3wysbjtagzmwj37tb11u0fh.gif

The new alternate logo is not primary mark material. It doesn't even depict an 'avalanche' in any way. It's just a generic, recoloured, Rockies logo. The Canucks get endless flak on these boards for not depicting their namesake on their primary logo so why should the Avalanche follow suit?

The current primary on the other hand is a thing of genius. It depicts an 'A,' a 'C,' the sport of hockey, and an avalanche all at once. It even makes a subtle nod to the Nordiques franchise as the circle combines with the puck to create a hidden 'Q.' Sure it's a little more detailed than most 'classic' hockey logos, but they are a 90's team and their logo should reflect that. The Yeti patch might not be for everyone but at least it's an actual secondary logo instead of a lazy, tacked on flag. I don't think flags have any place on a hockey uniform as I can't think of a single example where it looked good.

The new alternate logo is not primary mark material. It doesn't even depict an 'avalanche' in any way. It's just a generic, recoloured, Rockies logo. The Canucks get endless flak on these boards for not depicting their namesake on their primary logo so why should the Avalanche follow suit?

It's all aesthetics. Even the "rules" are subjective. You can't go "well how come we can't hold the Avalanche to the same standard as the Canucks?" because the Avs are not the Canucks.

In Colorado's case? The alternate is a mountain. And there's a C from the state flag. It doesn't seem inappropriate for a team named the "Colorado Avalanche."

It's also not the Rockies' logo. It's an homage to it, sure. It stops shot of just adopting the Rockies' look in full.

The current primary on the other hand is a thing of genius.

I disagree. It's an overly designed "xtreme" logo from the 90s. It's really starting to show its age, in my opinion.

It depicts an 'A,' a 'C,' the sport of hockey, and an avalanche all at once. It even makes a subtle nod to the Nordiques franchise as the circle combines with the puck to create a hidden 'Q.'

The "Q" bit is a real stretch.

As for the rest? Yeah, it's all true. That doesn't make me like it, though. It's just not aesthetically pleasing, in my opinion.

Sure it's a little more detailed than most 'classic' hockey logos, but they are a 90's team and their logo should reflect that.

The idea that teams from the 90s should look the part can work. I don't think the Avalanche's current logo works.

The Yeti patch might not be for everyone but at least it's an actual secondary logo instead of a lazy, tacked on flag. I don't think flags have any place on a hockey uniform as I can't think of a single example where it's looked good.

The flag is primarily blue with red elements. The sweater is slate blue with maroon elements. It doesn't really clash.

As for the foot? Never liked it. Sorry.

I guess I'll be the one to express the Unpopular Opinion. I like the new Avs alts and the Colorado state flag-inspired design elements.

The truth is that I've never liked the Avs' logo set. The A/mountain primary never appealed to me. The Yeti foot, while clever, just wasn't my cup of tea either.

I love the new C/mountain logo. It's cleaner. Bolder.

Don't you mean... Boulder? :P

But seriously, folks, I'm totally with you on everything. For exactly the reasons you suggest.

I've never loved the Avs' ever-so 90s look before, and really love the new logo (especially with the mountain). I suspect my endorsement can only hurt you, but you've got it anyway.

The truth is that I've never liked the Avs' logo set. The A/mountain primary never appealed to me. The Yeti foot, while clever, just wasn't my cup of tea either.

I love the new C/mountain logo. It's cleaner. Bolder.

Don't you mean... Boulder? :P

sghf4.jpg_zpstpovmyhv.gif

But seriously, folks, I'm totally with you on everything. For exactly the reasons you suggest.

I've never loved the Avs' ever-so 90s look before, and really love the new logo (especially with the mountain). I suspect my endorsement can only hurt you, but you've got it anyway.

You've got the Islanders! You'll be calling them "sweaters" instead of "jerseys" in no time :D

Archived