2015-16 NHL Uniform and Logo Changes

BigBubba

Avs SS jerseys unveiled...

oT6V0rM.png

b1K5pD1.png

So the Avs get a major platform to promote themselves and they run with the C logo...

The collar is still ugly and the numbers look heavily out of place, but beyond that its not completely terrible.

AmPJ0Ty.png 

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why would you vertically arch the "5280" in a location where the material curves the opposite way? It makes it look like a mistake.

Also, first the standalone state "C", now the "5280". Stop trying to be the Colorado Rapids, Avs. No one wants to be the Rapids.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

They hi

It looks like a franken-jersey. Like so many different elements that do not mesh together whatsoever. Terrible.

I actually found a photo of the Colorado Avalanche uniform design committee at work. Apparently they've been employed since 2007.

Monkeys-typing-Shakespeare.jpg

The hired the fourth guy back on the right side of the table from the New England Revolution. Their primary logo is amongst his most notable work.

Edit: Here's a behind the scenes look at his creative process, including some early sketches of the Revs' logo.

chimpanzee-crayon.jpg

It looks like a franken-jersey. Like so many different elements that do not mesh together whatsoever. Terrible.

I actually found a photo of the Colorado Avalanche uniform design committee at work. Apparently they've been employed since 2007.

I knew this was the blurst uniform I've ever seen.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I knew this was the blurst uniform I've ever seen.

I think it's remarkable they designed anything at all!

PvO6ZWJ.png

CPcaWrqUEAAP8e2.jpg

CPcaWpyUwAAQHJK.jpg

CPcaWtpUAAAVnrB.jpg

Oversized sleeve numbers? Fat collar? Off-center, asymmetrical, yet arched script? Methinks Adidas is getting a head start on designing NHL jerseys...they own Reebok, after all.

I mean, it's not the worst look, but a little consistency regarding color of the circle (maybe it's a puck here?) within the C as well as the colors between jerseys in the Avs set would be a little nice.

They hi

The hired the fourth guy back on the right side of the table from the New England Revolution. Their primary logo is amongst his most notable work.

Edit: Here's a behind the scenes look at his creative process, including some early sketches of the Revs' logo.

chimpanzee-crayon.jpg

Given the current relationship of Kroenke Sports Enterprises and its Denver-based subsidiaries, I'd say this is more like it:

"Let Adidas design jersey?"

giphy.gif

Couldn't even get the mountain behind the C. Why? Why any of this? I'd say we're looking at the team's future here and with the new third, but they're both so randomly different that I don't get it.

It's obvious that not only did this team get it right the first time, EVERY SINGLE CHANGE HAS BEEN FOR THE WORSE.

...and I'm usually one of the optimistic ones on this board!

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Archived