2015-16 NHL Uniform and Logo Changes

BigBubba

From what I've heard the kachina pattern was "hidden" so it sounds like it'll be a hanger effect in the collar.

Also heard the moon logo is gone, and the AZ patch is different, without the light beams.

Gloves will be some combo of red and black.

What's the point of having a distinctive design element if it's going to be "hidden." This Hanger Effect is the stupidest design trend since piping. Sounds like these new jerseys are going to be a lateral move at best. At least they won't be around long...

At least the hangar effect is hidden and not glaringly bad like piping. Small victories man.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also heard the moon logo is gone,

Great. You know the Yeti footprint from Colorado and the Moon patch from Arizona were two of my favourite logos in the NHL. And now both are gone? WTF?!!?

Weren't you also a North Stars fan? It may be time to stop liking things :D

From what I've heard the kachina pattern was "hidden" so it sounds like it'll be a hanger effect in the collar.

Also heard the moon logo is gone, and the AZ patch is different, without the light beams.

Gloves will be some combo of red and black.

I heard the AZ patch is different in the sense that it's the state of Washington with a "SEA" across the top.

:rolleyes:

Well played, sir. Well played. :notworthy:

Great. You know the Yeti footprint from Colorado and the Moon patch from Arizona were two of my favourite logos in the NHL. And now both are gone? WTF?!!?

Both replaced by overly proud State symbols....

I don't like this stateist trend.

But the moon logo was never even on any of the Coyotes' uniforms.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Aren't the Coyotes due for an anniversary patch this upcoming season? It's season number 20 (if you count the lockout year, which apparently everybody does), with the 20th anniversary proper in 2016.

Wouldn't the anniversary patch be next year then? The Avs anniversary patch is this year, and they started a year before the Coyotes.

I figured that too - but I know some teams put the anniversary patches based on the year of the second-half of the season, as opposed to the first (did I explain that right?)

Example, Ottawa and Tampa Bay started in 1992 - Ottawa had their 20th patch in the 2011/2012 season (technically their 20th season, counting lockout), TB had theirs in 2012/2013 (technically their 20th season, not counting the lockout)...

http://www.sportslogos.net/logos/view/lscxrr2tl5cag8sdemggxisbm/Ottawa_Senators/2012/Anniversary_Logo

http://www.sportslogos.net/logos/view/9ae1owiemnzyzvcg1xx0rvlgu/Tampa_Bay_Lightning/2013/Anniversary_Logo

Weren't you also a North Stars fan? It may be time to stop liking things :D

Yes. And growing up in the early 80's my second favourite team was the Hartford Whalers and my third favourite team was the Colorado Rockies!!!!!!

And even though I'm not a baseball fan I always liked the Montreal Expos!!!

Maybe I am cursed when it comes to liking sports related things. :cry:

It wasnt on a jersey but it was on thier pants, so yes it was on the uniforms.

The Catch of the Day!

It wasnt on a jersey but it was on thier pants, so yes it was on the uniforms.

And you'd be right. I'm blind, apparently.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Aren't the Coyotes due for an anniversary patch this upcoming season? It's season number 20 (if you count the lockout year, which apparently everybody does), with the 20th anniversary proper in 2016.

Wouldn't the anniversary patch be next year then? The Avs anniversary patch is this year, and they started a year before the Coyotes.

I figured that too - but I know some teams put the anniversary patches based on the year of the second-half of the season, as opposed to the first (did I explain that right?)

Example, Ottawa and Tampa Bay started in 1992 - Ottawa had their 20th patch in the 2011/2012 season (technically their 20th season, counting lockout), TB had theirs in 2012/2013 (technically their 20th season, not counting the lockout)...

http://www.sportslogos.net/logos/view/lscxrr2tl5cag8sdemggxisbm/Ottawa_Senators/2012/Anniversary_Logo

http://www.sportslogos.net/logos/view/9ae1owiemnzyzvcg1xx0rvlgu/Tampa_Bay_Lightning/2013/Anniversary_Logo

That's really odd that Ottawa and Tampa chose different seasons to celebrate. Ottawa may have celebrated a year early.

With the lockout year, the # of seasons should equal the # of anniversary years. For example, 2015-16 is the Avalanche's 20th full season, and 2015 is the 20th anniversary of the Nordiques' move to Denver. The skipped season should avoid all of the normal season-or-anniversary discussion.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I loved when the moon logo was at Center Ice. So cool.

CIcnbIEWUAAHT9a.jpg

Looks like a new shoulder patch as we anticipated. Just 3+ hours before the unveiling of the Arizona Coyotes jerseys.

And it appears the poster at HF boards was way off.... No black shoulders.

That is what I am thinking also. But at least we know there will be more black in the uniform as a whole.

Archived