College Football Uniforms - 2015 Season

buckeye

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is this a temporary artificial surface in Houston? I thought the Texans had grass but this definitely looks fake.

I think I remember something about them using grass for professional games and turf for everything else.

IUe6Hvh.png

Went to the Southern Miss- Mississippi State game. Both teams looked pretty decent; Southern Miss's numbers were surprisingly legible.

Mississippi State has upgraded to the Primeknit template and has avoided all slashes and etcetera. Biggest changes with the template change are straighter shoulder stripes and the mysterious removal of TV numbers. The helmet logo slightly changed also- read about that here: http://msuunitracker.blogspot.com/2015/08/helmet-logo-change-for-2015.html

487065536-quarterback-dak-prescott-of-th

Went to the Southern Miss- Mississippi State game. Both teams looked pretty decent; Southern Miss's numbers were surprisingly legible.

Mississippi State has upgraded to the Primeknit template and has avoided all slashes and etcetera. Biggest changes with the template change are straighter shoulder stripes and the mysterious removal of TV numbers. The helmet logo slightly changed also- read about that here: http://msuunitracker.blogspot.com/2015/08/helmet-logo-change-for-2015.html

487065536-quarterback-dak-prescott-of-th

Southern Miss's uniforms were an upgrade, though I think it'd be cool if they went back to Vegas gold rather than yellow.

Mississippi State looked good too; the white facemask looks so much better than the maroon.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

To me, two-tone logos are usually either boring and in need of an accent or they pop. In this case, Memphis's overly-detailed logo in chrome reflected in the sunlight looks illegible to me, but I'd have to see it in more views, like on TV, to have a final judgment.

"The pictures looked good on the computer," Will Brown explained

XCUfRbB.jpg

While the team is bad, Kansas' new chrome helmets and jersey numbers are a sharp look. If they made the stripe on the pants thinner to match the helmet they'd have a nice all blue set that I normally am not a huge fan of.

yYPqtuK.jpg

They also need to shrink the Jayhawk a little bit.

Breakdown of all the minor changes Mississippi State debuted last night:

http://msuunitracker.blogspot.com/2015/09/bulldogs-debut-new-adidas-primeknit.html

DWS%2B100%2Bwhite%2Bcomparison.png

Wow, i cant believe they went through the details of this uniform like this. I dont think every change was for the better (helmet) but its nice to see someone comb through these details and make things better overall. If it were someone at adidas who did it, they have hope for the future

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

As someone said above, it looks like Oregon is going to continue using the Speed Machine templates alongside their newer Mach Speed ones. I just don't get why Oregon haven't transitioned over fully after making such a big deal about the Mach Speed unis when they were released before the Alamo Bowl in 2013. Poor job on Oregon and Nike's part for not having consistent branding.

COKOLdmUsAAS1vY.jpgCOKOLdnUkAApNDf.jpg

Was thinking about this issue of multiple templates and designs for Oregon. Does anyone think that Oregon could possibly unveil a new design/template midseason, like they did in 2008 when going from the diamond plate set to the first winged set? they wore the all black winged set against Arizona around midseason of the last year of the diamond plate era. Maybe they'll mix and match the black/yellow and white/green Mach speed jerseys and the two playoff Mach speed jerseys with different pant and helmet combos, and then unveil the new design/template around midseason to where they don't even have to continue to wear the speed machine jerseys this year. Just a thought lol

OH MY GOD ADIDAS STOP PLEASE I BEG YOU

Miami's nameplates are actually unreadable

COK6rPiWwAA8srl.jpg

The idea to use the school's wordmark to create a font for player names is not an unreasonable one (or even a new one). The problem, in this case, is that Miami has some really awful wordmarks:
1247_miami_hurricanes-wordmark-2000.png
I wonder, in its style guide, if the university delineates which letters are supposed to be upper case and which are supposed to be lower case. The best execution of this idea would have been to put every letter in lower case, like the "miami" wordmark:
5230_miami_hurricanes-wordmark-2000.png

8557127226_fbd001ef58_n.jpg

Archived