NBA Changes 2015-16 Season

Josh.0

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was driving in Oklahoma City tonight and saw a billboard that is helping fuel my suspicion about an orange "OKC" alt for the Thunder next year.

This is a rough mockup of what I saw, wasn't able to get a picture:

oIIvTOr.jpg

I always wanted them to have an orange alternate uniform. It better not be sleeved, however.

I cannot say I am feeling the Hawks logo. Not yet, at least. Looks to me like a knock off of that one Suns alternate. I don't think a coloured version will change that.

On the other hand, I dig the uni mock ups. I agree, the colour combination is kind of brutal (just think of a lime green/volt alternate!) but I like it when teams go a bit out there and risk something - which I am seeing there. It is not completely going back to my beloved 90s madness, but it surely stands out in the league of today. For that, I give my thumbs up.

Hawks should focus on beating :censored:ing cavs

You make it sound like the players and coaches are handling the rebrand aspect.

Yeah well, surely the players hear about stuff like this, everybody is on social media these days , anyway, i am just mad that the hawks are not firing on all cylinders right now

I don't think there was anything wrong with the current primary, and leaving the current pac-man logo as a secondary would suffice. The new alternate logo they just trademarked doesn't do anything for me, and is a step back from hypothetically just switching the pac-man logo to primary and the bird to secondary had decided to do something as simple as that.

Darren Rovell posted this on Twitter saying "The Hawks have filed to trademark this new logo." It matches the logo on the Christmas uniforms.

CFpi_S-UEAA8b5F.jpg

https://twitter.com/darrenrovell/status/601902339964841984

Edit:

Whoops, I didn't realize it was on the main site as well.

Do the flames on the ball represent "Hotlanta"?

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

The new Hawks alternate logo feels just as half-assed as the Blazers' flame logo from the early 2000s. I'm guessing it's something from a "What can you draw in 20 seconds or less?" contest. People who aren't good at Pictionary could probably create something better than this.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Darren Rovell posted this on Twitter saying "The Hawks have filed to trademark this new logo." It matches the logo on the Christmas uniforms.

CFpi_S-UEAA8b5F.jpg

Edit:

It's because Atlanta was burned down during the civil war. I love the logo. It's required to have a ball in it since the pac doesn't have one. It has the wings of a hawk and a fire making an A to honor Atlanta's history. It's very simplistic and I could see how people on boards like this wouldn't like it, but speaking as someone from Atlanta, the logo is a big upgrade over the bird because it actually means something to the city.

CFpi_S-UEAA8b5F.jpg

Edit:

It's because Atlanta was burned down during the civil war. I love the logo. It's required to have a ball in it since the pac doesn't have one. It has the wings of a hawk and a fire making an A to honor Atlanta's history. It's very simplistic and I could see how people on boards like this wouldn't like it, but speaking as someone from Atlanta, the logo is a big upgrade over the bird because it actually means something to the city.

Ah thanks. I guess it's been a while since history class. Hotlanta was the first thing that came to mind. :P

I kind of like the idea behind the logo but I do think it could have been executed better. The way the stroke on the wings doesn't connect with the "A" bothers me. The basketball lines seem off as well.

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

CFpi_S-UEAA8b5F.jpg

Edit:

What is it lol? A flame? Why?

Looks like a crappy concept based of this prototype:

AtlantaHawksProposed1.gif

The white space that makes the flame (the three prongs, if you will) almost seems like an homage to the Atlanta Braves. Check how the flame curls to the right at the top, with the two curly tails at the bottom.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived