NBA Changes 2015-16 Season

Josh.0

Didn't think it was necessary to make a new thread. Since the Finals are all but set (barring a historical comeback), what do you think of the uniform match up between the Cavs and Warriors?

The two times they played this season looked like this

@GS

4tgdvUx.jpg

@CLE

ieUrBQo.jpg

Throughout the postseason we've seen the Warriors remain consistent in their white/blues, while the Cavs wear navy/yellow-gold & white. My preference would be just the normal home/roads be worn, but I have a feeling that won't happen. Will be interesting to see if both fanbases will be decked out in yellow.

We may very well see this:

kyrie-irving-stephen-curry-nba-golden-st

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didn't think it was necessary to make a new thread. Since the Finals are all but set (barring a historical comeback), what do you think of the uniform match up between the Cavs and Warriors?

@GS

4tgdvUx.jpg

@CLE

ieUrBQo.jpg

Throughout the postseason we've seen the Warriors remain consistent in their white/blues, while the Cavs wear navy/yellow-gold & white. My preference would be just the normal home/roads be worn, but I have a feeling that won't happen. Will be interesting to see if both fanbases will be decked out in yellow.

Just makes me wish the Warriors had a gold home jersey alt as well. If any team should have one it would be the Dubs.

The white space that makes the flame (the three prongs, if you will) almost seems like an homage to the Atlanta Braves. Check how the flame curls to the right at the top, with the two curly tails at the bottom.

It is real close:

2heljkl.jpg

2014Event7_Medal.pngEvent5_Medal.pngSDLureFT1L2.pngwb9iz8.jpg

@GS

4tgdvUx.jpg

@CLE

ieUrBQo.jpg

The thing that makes me sad about this matchup is that the two best matchups are Cavs' maroon vs. Warriors' white, and Warriors' blue vs. Cavs' white, but they're the two matchups we probably won't ever see.

It's stuff like this that makes me wish all alternates were banned from use in the playoffs. Getting robbed of a good uniform matchup because Cleveland has a uni-crush on their two worst uniforms isn't all that great.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

I agree that Cleveland shouldn't wear their blue alts, but I like that they've been wearing gold at home. It's clear that they wanted those to be their home uniforms, so it's the one time I'm fine with a team wearing an alternate in the playoffs.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

I'm a little bit afraid that adidas may force Warriors to wearing sleeves alternate in finals.

I don't think they would be dumb enough to mess with their current gameplan right now. The Warriors had a really bad game in the original 2013 sleeved uniform and Steph Curry blamed it on that, even calling the uniform ugly. Whether or not the sleeves can truly alter a persons performance is up for debate, but it's still not a wise move especially in the NBA Finals.

bSLCtu2.png

The Hawks wore a different uniform for every game in the Eastern Conference finals and lost all of them.

Game 1: Standard home white

Game 2: Throwback home white

Game 3: Standard road blue

Game 4: Alt road red

Dunno about you guys but I'm beginning to suspect that superstitions about lucky/unlucky jerseys may be completely unfounded.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

Does it, though? NBA video games this year have shown the Finals patch on the back of the jersey above the players' names.

Either way, I wish we'd get a new design on the Finals patch. The gold ball wasn't great in the first place, and it has already been used for the past five straight years.

Does it, though? NBA video games this year have shown the Finals patch on the back of the jersey above the players' names.

Either way, I wish we'd get a new design on the Finals patch. The gold ball wasn't great in the first place, and it has already been used for the past five straight years.

I prefer the stand alone trophy patch. It always seemed like a classy and clean look to me

GO NETS.

I prefer the trophy patch as well, but they appear to be sticking with this one.

In past video games, the Finals patch has been on the front (at least in recent years). This is the first time I can remember it being on the back. Would make sense if ads are going to be on the jerseys soon.

Does anybody know for sure or how I can find out where the patch will be? I'm trying to get one sewn onto my Cavs jersey and want to make sure it's in the right place.

Archived