NBA Changes 2015-16 Season

Josh.0

Where's all this NBA rule about an alternate needing a ball in the logo stuff coming from? The Rockets have zero basketball's in their logo. They just released an alternate last season. All their logos are just letters.

If this is a new rule that starts next year, then great! I'd love to see them turn the primary into a roundel logo. I think it could work with the exhaust/flame shooting out and forming the circle.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This finals is going to be one of the ugliest uniform match ups ever IMO.

I disagree. The gold vs blue matchups will look pretty good. The navy vs white will be a bit ugly though.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

So everybody in Atlanta is freaking out right now about the "new logo" because the media, including the AJC, has done a piss poor job of reporting exactly what it is.

Belief: It's the new logo, designed by new owners, in black and white, and will replace pac logo that we just brought back.

Truth: It's a secondary logo essentially designed only to meet the NBA's ridiculous requirement to have an alternate mark with a ball in it. It's going to be used minimally on uniforms and merchandise, will be in colors, and will not replace the pac logo.

The NBA logo rules really seem to get in the way a lot. Why such a rigid set of rules?

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

This is an example of the teams that have one championship:SacramentoKings_CHM0100a_2015_SCC_SRGB_z

I feel sorry for the Hornets, Pelicans, Magic, Clippers and Pacers.

Nice !

We even forget about the T-Wolves when listing franchises with no history of success...
*sigh*....and the Jazz.... :P

On the topic of Finals patches though, I really hope they aren't on the back. I mean, I guess better there than nowhere, but it's the NBA's biggest event of the year. Ads or no ads, that thing should be up front and center (okay, not literally "center", but you get it).

As far as my favorite Finals patches go, I used to favor the full logo ones used from '97-'01, but the one used for Lakers/Nets in '02 has grown on me a lot over the years. The trophy with the league logo looks really good together. I don't know if they'd ever bring it back (especially where it was a one-time thing due to the 9/11 ribbon), but something like it would look great today.

Speaking of the Nets... you can add them to the list of losers with no tag. :( Our ABA championship doesnt carry over.

GO NETS.

This is an example of the teams that have one championship:SacramentoKings_CHM0100a_2015_SCC_SRGB_z

Nice !

We even forget about the T-Wolves when listing franchises with no history of success...

On the topic of Finals patches though, I really hope they aren't on the back. I mean, I guess better there than nowhere, but it's the NBA's biggest event of the year. Ads or no ads, that thing should be up front and center (okay, not literally "center", but you get it).

As far as my favorite Finals patches go, I used to favor the full logo ones used from '97-'01, but the one used for Lakers/Nets in '02 has grown on me a lot over the years. The trophy with the league logo looks really good together. I don't know if they'd ever bring it back (especially where it was a one-time thing due to the 9/11 ribbon), but something like it would look great today.

Speaking of the Nets... you can add them to the list of losers with no tag. :( Our ABA championship doesnt carry over.

And the Cavs, but hopefully not for long!

spacer.png

Nice !

And the Cavs, but hopefully not for long!

And the original Canadian teams of Toronto and Vancouver! Raptors are Grizzlies are not only without a title, they have not appeared in the NBA Finals, much like the Clippers, Pelicans, Hornets and Timberwolves. (Also Nuggets, if we don't count the ABA.)

The Cavs set is actually one of my faves, especially the maroon/wine. Not a fan of the navy, the gold is ok.

I'm fine with the Cavs uniform sets. Just don't like the color match ups with GS. There's a reason the Rockets didn't wear their red and yellow road alt. all series.

Also, something about the Cavs home floor that i just can't stand either. It has a hypnotic ability to put me to sleep. I'm not sure if it's the colors that are dull or the design just sucks. Pretty sure it's just the colors that make me sleepy.

Where's all this NBA rule about an alternate needing a ball in the logo stuff coming from? The Rockets have zero basketball's in their logo. They just released an alternate last season. All their logos are just letters.

If this is a new rule that starts next year, then great! I'd love to see them turn the primary into a roundel logo. I think it could work with the exhaust/flame shooting out and forming the circle.

This is just my speculation because I've got no access to NBA logos rulebook but the Rockets logo contains a basketball-related feature, the rim. Perhaps it's enough in order not to force any useless secondaries.

via ColorWerxBoston Celtics: BostonCeltics_CHM0100a_2015_SCC_SRGB_zps This is an example of the teams that have one championship:SacramentoKings_CHM0100a_2015_SCC_SRGB_z

Are these available for sale anywhere? I've looked on Amazon and eBay, but no luck.

No they are not. I also believe the NBA stopped selling authentics as well as they are not on the Swingman or replica style jerseys.

via ColorWerxBoston Celtics: BostonCeltics_CHM0100a_2015_SCC_SRGB_zps This is an example of the teams that have one championship:SacramentoKings_CHM0100a_2015_SCC_SRGB_z

Are these available for sale anywhere? I've looked on Amazon and eBay, but no luck.

No they are not. I also believe the NBA stopped selling authentics as well as they are not on the Swingman or replica style jerseys.

I could have sworn that earlier in the year they were selling swingmans with it and that was one of the reasons why they added it in the first place.

Any update on where the Finals patch will be? Mine just arrived and i'm anxious to get it sewn on, LOL.

???

The Warriors currently have the best uniforms in professional sports, and the Cav's yellows are turning out to be pretty iconic. The blue vs gold matchups in particular will be fantastic.

the Cav's yellows are turning out to be pretty iconic.

The Cavs yellow uniforms are not even close to iconic, this is the first season the team has ever been relevant with the uniforms in question. For something to be iconic, it needs to be tied to championships, winning, general good things, and the Cavaliers have had none of that since adopting the current uniform set. Iconic is the Celtics, Bulls, Lakers yellow, etc.

bSLCtu2.png

???

The Warriors currently have the best uniforms in professional sports, and the Cav's yellows are turning out to be pretty iconic. The blue vs gold matchups in particular will be fantastic.

LOLWUTPEAR.jpg

No, the Warriors' uniforms suck pretty consistently. The colors are great, but the colors are totally unbalanced, there's too much going on and the "bridge" on the shorts doesn't work and isn't nearly as clever as they thought it would be. And my dislike for the Cavs uniforms aside, they were associated with steaming piles of crap for the past four years. It'll take more than six months of LeBron to make them iconic.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

???

LOLWUTPEAR.jpg

No, the Warriors' uniforms suck pretty consistently. The colors are great, but the colors are totally unbalanced, there's too much going on and the "bridge" on the shorts doesn't work and isn't nearly as clever as they thought it would be. And my dislike for the Cavs uniforms aside, they were associated with steaming piles of crap for the past four years. It'll take more than six months of LeBron to make them iconic.

The awesomeness of the Warriors color scheme outweighs any "issues" that may otherwise arise from their uniforms. Maybe there is "too much" going on on their uniforms, but one could argue that the Cavs have "too little" going on, and I would rather have "too much" vs. "too little" than "too little" vs. "too little." It adds to the contrast. I actually like the simplicity of the Cavs unis and their color scheme, which I do not think is an unpopular opinion.

Even if you don't like the uniform or color matchup, you have to at least admit it is a REFRESHING matchup, visually. I think 9 out of the last 10 NBA Finals matchups have had at least one team wearing a black jersey. At least we know we won't see that this year. It's going to be nice and colorful - shades of blue, yellow, wine, and of couse white are really the only colors we are going to see. No black. It will pleasing to the eye, or at the very least a nice change of pace.

I thought that the 2002 NBA Finals patches were great, it's a shame that the NBA logo is now on the back of the jerseys, maybe they can at least place a trophy patch on the front of the Cavs/Warriors jerseys (maybe where the NBA patch used to be). I also really hope that we get a Finals logo(s) on the freakin' court Thursday! Its strange not seeing any Playoff logos on the courts during this years playoffs, the NBA needs to bring those back! Its minor, but it adds to the experience (at least mine) of watching Playoff basketball.

kobe_2002_finals.png

alkaline-trio_logo-with-heart.jpg

the Cav's yellows are turning out to be pretty iconic.

The Cavs yellow uniforms are not even close to iconic, this is the first season the team has ever been relevant with the uniforms in question. For something to be iconic, it needs to be tied to championships, winning, general good things, and the Cavaliers have had none of that since adopting the current uniform set. Iconic is the Celtics, Bulls, Lakers yellow, etc.

Oh my bad. I didn't realize there was a checklist for something to become iconic. I just thought it included looking really good and having the best player in the world sporting it, all while winning and racking up thrilling highlights.

LOLWUTPEAR.jpg

Noooope. But thanks for trying :D

Archived