The fact the Jazz got rid of the Stahl's varsity font means these new unis are an upgrade.  Overall, I think it's a good look.  The fourth jersey is goofy, but I kinda like it for a few games.  

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, bkknight95 said:

CiQ_UuyUYAAJlDe.jpg:large

Why do I like this? I shouldn't but for some reason I really like this. 

When I saw this I thought,"Which soccer team got a new kit?" I really like it though.

IxkieML.png

I like this.

They brightened the green and yellow just slightly, and it looks beautiful. The new home, away and green alt? I can give a pass to. The green is the worst of the new set though.

But goodness, I like that sleeved jersey. In fact, I wanna see this trend continue with more soccer like NBA jerseys. I think they can get really innovative if they put in a effort. I just hope they stop making the jerseys so tight on the arms. If they fix that issue, they'll look fine on the court and we could very well see some great designs in the future.

new_orleans_krewe_player_sig___qb_donny_

2 hours ago, Fuhrms said:

I have no clue as to why the Pistons are handling this the way they are. I posted a thread on the FB page yesterday:

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

It's all over the place.

Are they making false claims to cover up the fact that it was leaked?

So the Kings confirm their changing unis and the Jazz come out and snatch their sides and tweak them? This jerseys look like a blend of the sets. I do like the green but that sleeved set....ugh. looks like an unveiling of Utah FC instead of Jazz. The shorts kill me. PUT STRIPES ON BOTH LEGS OR NONE STOP MESSING WITH MY OCD ADIDAS! cant wait for Nike... I think. Can't be worse.

GO NETS.

26 minutes ago, joshey said:

cant wait for Nike... I think. Can't be worse.

At the very least  the sleeves should be gone and buried forever.  I'm sure if Nike had their own version of sleeves, we would have already seen it at the college level.

Good job by the Jazz. Not great only because it's still the retro inspired look, which I was against to begin with. Considering that, this was what they had to do from the start. Even though they pulled the "bringing back the retro look" the proper way and their uniforms were solid, they still didn't have me fully convinced. This triple stripe side pattern works great for them. The angle they are cut off to reminds me of the slant in the Jazz note wordmark. So I'm totally fine with that. This is a modern uniform that is inspired by the retro identity, and not just a straight plain retro uniform that the Sixers introduced last year. This is how it should be done. Great to see an NBA team actually improve its look once in a while.

Also, ladies and gentlemen, that fourth uniform is - while I'm not sure if a good basketball uniform - the first sleeved jersey design that works well. Although, I'd rather see a warmup with that design.

I'm glad that they also got rid of Optima.

I think the Jazz's new home, road, and alternate are upgrades and better execution of that color scheme. The new roundel is boring, but whatever, looks like they'll use the note more often anyways. 

The 4th uniform (why do NBA teams need 4 uniforms?) is something I should hate, but I don't. It's a little 1997 MLSish, but it's colorful and I like that. Could've done without the stripes on the shorts. I think that was overkill. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

10 hours ago, mjd77 said:

At the very least  the sleeves should be gone and buried forever.  I'm sure if Nike had their own version of sleeves, we would have already seen it at the college level.

Unless the sleeves were the NBA's idea and not Adidas. If that's the case Nike might be required to keep them, unfortunately...

1 hour ago, VDizzle12 said:

Unless the sleeves were the NBA's idea and not Adidas. If that's the case Nike might be required to keep them, unfortunately...

I'm pretty sure it was adidas' idea first telling the NBA, "hey if we add sleeves you will sell more jerseys because your fans are self conscious about their bodies." And the NBA agreed and now likes the idea. Also adidas makes sleeved versions of jerseys for college schools too and had a year where pretty much every one of their schools wore them in March madness. NBA might still like them for what ever reason and Nike may have to make a few of them for teams but it will be begrudgingly and certainly won't force them on the teams like adidas has done.

This sleeved basketball jersey thing is an outright abomination.  A disgrace.  A traveshamockery.  I hope this era is remembered with great ridicule for such blatantly uncomfortable, unnatural marketing gimmicks.   

In regards to the Jazz, I honestly am not a fan of these colors.  These are all about the New Orleans flair and color, but this team is in freakin' Utah.  The 90's uniforms, hated though they may be, made a hell of a lot more sense with SOME elements of their design.  At least they acknowledged Utah's relationship with the Rocky Mountains, and the blue/teal could be interpreted as a nod to the icy peaks/Great Salt Lake.  

With this?  It's just kind of the old New Orleans logo and colors without any appreciation for Utah, which is a pretty cool state in its own right.  Bah, says I.  Damn the designers who ignore the locale to promote a dead past, and damn the horses that brought them.  

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I'm not sure how popular of an opinion this is, but the NBA page here looks so much better now with the updated Kings and Jazz logos. Now if only teams like OKC would do something about theirs...

23 hours ago, bkknight95 said:

CiQ_UuyUYAAJlDe.jpg:large

Why do I like this? I shouldn't but for some reason I really like this. 

Now that I've given myself a day or so to ponder these ... I've come to the conclusion that I actually like them a lot -- sleeves and all.

I love the originality and creativity, but more than that -- this isn't simply a jersey with sleeves on it. Without the sleeves -- it wouldn't look right. It was designed with sleeves in mind. That I can get behind -- compared to say ... the Celtics, Magic, Rockets, etc. This is unique and I can appreciate it. 

All uniforms look good on a manakin or in a high quality mockup.  It's when they're on a bunch of sweaty guys, some of which aren't sculpted gods, that they look ridiculous. In a vacuum the sleeves are fine.  

I feel like if a uniform can't look good on Glen Davis, it looks good on nobody.  Your fans don't look like Channing Tatum.  Stop designing uniforms for him.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

1 hour ago, CS85 said:

All uniforms look good on a manakin or in a high quality mockup.  It's when they're on a bunch of sweaty guys, some of which aren't sculpted gods, that they look ridiculous. In a vacuum the sleeves are fine.  

I feel like if a uniform can't look good on Glen Davis, it looks good on nobody.  Your fans don't look like Channing Tatum.  Stop designing uniforms for him.

Speak for yourself, i often gets mistaken for that guy.

2 hours ago, CS85 said:

There's a reason why people call me Chubbing Tatum. 

Archived