10 hours ago, gosioux76 said:

I would not be surprised if the Blazers were to Nike what the Seahawks were when the Swoosh took over the NFL. It would make even more sense for them to want to shine a light on the Blazers since it's the hometown team. Just speculation on my part, but it's a reasoned guess.

I don't think Nike is going to overhaul the Blazers.   People on here (or other less reputable sites) always assume Nike is going to do crazy things...but Nike has proven it can show restraint, too.  The current home and roads (IIRC) were designed by Nike in the early 2000 (edit...maybe it was Reebok at the beginning of 2002 after Rbk took over the Blazers' court apparel from Nike).  Maybe a small change in two years, but I don't see Nike or the Blazers getting rid of the diagonal sash or the pinwheel.  

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, dfwabel said:

If it's due to concerns of slipping then they should just create a hardwood addition then. At the very least we need a Finals logo or a trophy on the court. When I was growing up I loved those logos on the court, it felt big time.

bSLCtu2.png

53 minutes ago, Old School Fool said:

If it's due to concerns of slipping then they should just create a hardwood addition then. At the very least we need a Finals logo or a trophy on the court. When I was growing up I loved those logos on the court, it felt big time.

No doubt about that. Unfortunately this new NBA boss is all about turning this pro league into the minors, with crappy uniforms and ads on jerseys to boot

6 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

Why can't they just put in new courts for the finals? They put new courts in when a team wants to wear a black jersey why can't they splurge for the finals?

8 minutes ago, ltjets21 said:

Why can't they just put in new courts for the finals? They put new courts in when a team wants to wear a black jersey why can't they splurge for the finals?

That's the individual teams wanting to do that. I doubt they would want to do that unless the NBA wanted to shell out the extra money for a new court to be used for at most 4 games if you are the 1 seed and does to 7 games, also you are gonna have teams like the Celtics who are gonna want to keep the parque floor regardless and not use a new floor which they should.

Also they don't know who's going to be in the finals until a couple days before they start so it's unlikely they'd be able to have a whole new court ready - unless teams that are regularly good just make one in advance and store it.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

If the NBA can design a court just for All-Star Weekend, there's no reason they couldn't do the same for the Finals. And since they use the same Finals logo, branding, etc. each year, they could theoretically use the same court for years and not just a few games.

Honestly, I'm a little surprised they haven't done that yet, especially now that the floor decals are gone.

3 hours ago, CitizenTino said:

If the NBA can design a court just for All-Star Weekend, there's no reason they couldn't do the same for the Finals. And since they use the same Finals logo, branding, etc. each year, they could theoretically use the same court for years and not just a few games.

Honestly, I'm a little surprised they haven't done that yet, especially now that the floor decals are gone.

Wait, the team logos aren't on the floors in the NBA Finals anymore?!

8 hours ago, CitizenTino said:

Just have a bland Finals court with no team logos or markings at either Finals location?

I mean, the All-Star court is pretty easy, since all of the logos are finalized months in advance...

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

10 minutes ago, SCL said:

Timberwolves rebrand likely for 2017-2018 

51:26

That didn't sound like a confirmation, more a "yea they'll rebrand eventually, don't get your hopes up for this year but hopefully next year because ____, _____, and _____ have fallen into place by then" thing all team sports casters do when they know their fans want a rebrand. Not saying it won't happen but don't get your hopes up

Not sure if mentioned before, but the NBA Hardwood Classics uniforms for the 2016-17 season will feature seven teams: 76ers (1966-67 season), Cavs (1986-87 season), Hawks (1970-71 season), Kings (1984-85 season),  Knicks (1946-47 season), Lakers (1987-88 season), and Raptors/Huskies (1946-47 season).

Not sure if the Pacers' Hickory jersey and the Mavs' Brad Davis era jerseys will carry over from the current season.

1 minute ago, Conrad. said:

LOL. Thanks.  I knew you, Conrad, must've mentioned it but couldn't find it after a quick search.  Since Kobe finally retired, I guess the Lakers have re-cycled back to the gold Showtime-era jerseys.  Also, is the Lakers piggy-backing on the Golden State Warriors recent playoff success?

Untitled.png

1 hour ago, sayahh said:

LOL. Thanks.  I knew you, Conrad, must've mentioned it but couldn't find it after a quick search.  Since Kobe finally retired, I guess the Lakers have re-cycled back to the gold Showtime-era jerseys.  Also, is the Lakers piggy-backing on the Golden State Warriors recent playoff success?

Untitled.png

I don't see what you are talking about? Using a California outline maybe, but they were California's team before golden state got hot last year.

On 5/29/2016 at 11:58 PM, WSU151 said:

Just have a bland Finals court with no team logos or markings at either Finals location?

I mean, the All-Star court is pretty easy, since all of the logos are finalized months in advance...

It might not have team/city markings, but I don't think it would have to be bland. Between the Finals script and the LOB trophy logo and all the related branding elements, you can come up with something pretty interesting. 

On 5/29/2016 at 2:33 AM, StrongXStyle said:

the best cases are the playoff and finals logos on the base lines near the scorer's desk or digitally placed on tv.

The digital placement was another idea I was kicking around in my head. I don't think you'd want to use that technology to superimpose a giant LOB trophy at center court like we saw a few years ago, but a Finals script inside the 3-point line at each end seems doable.

Archived