NFL 2016: The Regular Season Thread

buzzcut

11 hours ago, rickyISking said:

. We get it, the league loves when the Cowboys are good.

True, but keep in mind the only other valid option for that week was Lions-Giants, and SNF is in NY the week before for DAL-NYG already.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/4/2016 at 7:56 PM, the admiral said:

This Raiders team is awesome

Question: was a combined winning percentage of .136/16 games under .500 the worst record heading into a game in a long time? Can't imagine many more worse of recent vintage. I can't believe a single non-required market carried that 49ers-Bears game but apparently Indianapolis did.

Quite possibly. The only game that immediately came to mind was the Texans and Niners in the final game of 2005, but their combined win percentage was .200 .167 (Houston was 2-13; SF was 3-12).

spacer.png

12 hours ago, AstroBull21 said:

Correct, the night Mike Alstott was inducted in the ring of honor and the day the Rays clinched a World Series berth and before flex scheduling was in place.

To me this matchup is more important as flex scheduling usually moves relevant matchups.

Very minor nitpick - flex scheduling existed back then; it was introduced in 2006. That said, it only takes effect...either beginning in or after Week 8, so a Week 7 game was locked in place.

In any case, that's the last time the Bucs have made SNF and for good reason - they were 36-76 between 2009-2015 and play in a (comparatively) small NFL market. No reason for NBC to have ever given them the light of day. 

spacer.png

Former Bears/Browns/Buffs RB and Heisman winner Rashaan Salaam found dead today at 42.  Was found in a park alone with no signs of foul play, so I'm guessing accidental overdose or something.  Hopefully not related to CTE/dementia/etc.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Brandon Marshall says that he doesn't remember his 3 TD game vs the Niners in 2014 because he was in pain pills for his ankle(the Levi's stadium opener where the Niners choked). http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18232387/brandon-marshall-new-york-jets-recalls-pain-pill-haze-2014-game

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

After tonight's Raiders/Chiefs game, all I have to say is this:

if New England trips up at some point given their tough schedule (BAL/DEN/MIA, Jets as bad as they are rarely get blown out by the Pats despite their overall struggles in recent years, the road to SB 51 might run through Arrowhead.

Yeah, but being the 5th seed in the AFC is a little victory on its own. You get whoever comes out of the Texans/Titans/Colts mess.

On the road, yes, but still.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

To all those Chicago fans looking to give up on the season, it's not over yet. 

image.png

image.png

Ok. Maybe it's over. But at least you've got the Cubs and Blackhawks (and Bulls). 

I find it crazy these wacky scenarios that still can happen. Sadly Cleveland got eliminated too soon to play around with. I was able when the machine first came out to do these:image.pngimage.png

Look behind the haze. The machine was buggy back then. 

The first pic is me screwing up the playoffs. The idea was to get in 12 different teams than we already in. Some, like Pittsburgh and Tampa Bay, were easier than others. San Diego caused me too much trouble. 

The second picked me replicating last year's playoffs. The only thing I couldn't fix was Washington having the 3rd seed and Minnesota having the 4th seed. 

The Bills haven't beaten the Steelers since Bill Clinton was President. It probably won't be a good game for the Bills this time around, either. However, they are predicting snow during game time tomorrow. Just a few inches--nothing crazy-- but it might be worth tuning in. Most of the East Coast and the Southeast has the game on CBS.

Jason La Canfora reported that heavy rumors circulating that Bill Polian will return to NFL, likely going to Bears or Rams.  If he went to the Bears and worked alongside Ryan Pace/shifted Ted Phillips to the President of Bad Marketing & Copper Counting, could be a nice thing for the bumbling franchise.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Yup the Niners are a rotting carcass of a franchise. Everybody needs to leave in the offseason(though obviously York won't).

How bout the Lions occupying a bye right now? With that said, their last 3 games are brutal(@NYG, @DAL, vs GB)

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Archived