NFL 2016: The Regular Season Thread

buzzcut

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They also showed a sideline shot of young Fassell on the sideline while his dad was coaching the Giants... He was wearing athletic shorts.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Aw, balls, this is the first week Chicago doesn't get the Raider game since October. Well, back to not watching football like the last five-and-a-half years.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

RE: Color Rush.

I loved the Rams helmets.  Something about the rest of the uniform just seemed off.  To me, the gold felt out of place. 

cv2TCLZ.png

"I secretly hope people like that hydroplane into a wall." - Dennis "Big Sexy" Ittner

POTD - 7/3/14

I know that Romo looks like the coolest QB of all time, but I never understood the fascination people had for him. Dan Marino at least made a Super Bowl before he became the close-but-no-cigar guy.

Romo has never even made an NFC title game. Why do people love him so much? I don't think I've ever seen a QB make so much out of so little.

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

1 hour ago, DG_Now said:

I know that Romo looks like the coolest QB of all time, but I never understood the fascination people had for him. Dan Marino at least made a Super Bowl before he became the close-but-no-cigar guy.

Romo has never even made an NFC title game. Why do people love him so much? I don't think I've ever seen a QB make so much out of so little.

...because of the star on the side of his helmet.

Being the quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys has always been, to coin a phrase from @the admiral, a thing.  He was looked upon as being this saving grace from the revolving door Dallas became since Aikman retired.  And for the most part, he's been a pretty good QB.  But he'll be forever known for two things....being oft-injured and fumbling the FG attempt at Seattle.

Quincy Carter lost a playoff game too.  And, apparently, some drug tests.

Cowboy fandom is weird. And until he proves otherwise, my assessment of Romo is that he sucks.

2 hours ago, DG_Now said:

Quincy Carter lost a playoff game too.  And, apparently, some drug tests.

Cowboy fandom is weird. And until he proves otherwise, my assessment of Romo is that he sucks.

He's good for fantasy football and semi competent compared to the string of over the hill and horrible QBs that came after Troy and before Romo.

That said he's grossly overrated. 

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

He's definitely somewhere in between all of the :censored: he gets and all of the praise he gets.  I'd say he's overrated but I'd also argue he's closer to the high end of how he's viewed than he is to the low end and that the Cowboys mediocrity during his time there falls less on him and more on the team around him.

IUe6Hvh.png

11 hours ago, Jimmy! said:

RE: Color Rush.

I loved the Rams helmets.  Something about the rest of the uniform just seemed off.  To me, the gold felt out of place. 

Or the helmets looked out of place with the uniforms... 

Sure would like a Titans win today.

I have no idea why anyone will be at the Bears game today. Anyone who isn't in Packers gear should be put on a no-fly list.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I hate Aaron Rodgers and I wish him all the worst things in life.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I sure wish Rex Ryan and his idiot brother didn't destroy the Bills defense. The offense under new coordinator Anthony Lynn is actually pretty good, and given that it's based around the run, could actually be pretty effective if the Bills could ever reliably play with or hold a lead. I hope that whoever ends up coaching the Bills next year retains Lynn. Or Lynn just gets the job. Either way.

Archived