Bmac

NHL 2017-18

4,337 posts in this topic

Yeah, I honestly really like the white numbers better. They kinda remind me of the Brees era Chargers numbers. So, that's 1 for 2?

the yoke has a weird shape to it.  does Adidas have a thing against ovals?

The Preds just went one step too far in simplifying things. It's not a disaster, but it could have been better. The Blues with white numbers is just weird weird weird.

2 people like this

2 people like this

Not a fan of the white numbers, should be yellow. I guess if the change isn't enough to make you buy a new blues jersey they're hoping the new number colors will?

1 person likes this

Adidas just gave the Preds the best jerseys they've ever worn, even if they're only like a 6/10. They're clean and uncluttered; no more lame piping. Huge step up for them. 

8 people like this

Nashville - GOOD: Taking away the piping and blue (ahem) "fangs." BAD: Altering the striping and adding guitar strings on the arm numbers.

St. Louis - Nice that it's the exact same. The Adidas collar doesn't take away from too much here. White numbers look a little off for them, but not awful.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Just remember no matter how disappointed you are today nothing will be as bad as the redesigns we saw when the league went to EDGE.

Edited by EichGOAT99
*the
8 people like this

Just now, Sodboy13 said:

The Preds just went one step too far in simplifying things. It's not a disaster, but it could have been better. The Blues with white numbers is just weird weird weird.

A thin white stripe touching yellow is a bad move. Should have left the second blue stripe. 

And I don't want the Blues to look like the Chargers, I want the Blues to look like the Blues.

2 people like this

Why did Nashville go with just 1 shoulder logo? Hate the imbalance 

"Adidas InCOMPetence!"

metsfan.jpg

16 people like this

I like the white numbers on St. Louis

1 person likes this

I guess I'm in the minority that prefers the new white numbers. It's weird but it goes with the rest of the jersey better. 

1-2 so far. 50% is a failing grade, but we still have 28 29 teams to go.

1 person likes this

9 minutes ago, gosioux76 said:

I don't get the hate for Nashville. Aside from a few subtleties, it looks like Adidas took the Reebok jerseys and just removed the thing everybody hated. It's simple, but that's what's great about it. It's as it should be. 

You know, as much as I hated the Reebok "subtleties," I think it worked for Nashville. So seeing them left off hits me wrong, but I don't hate the jersey.

The Predators over-corrected. All they needed to do was lose the piping and lose those collarbone "fangs", but they took it too far. The new one looks like someone wearing a yellow tshirt over a long sleeve blue tshirt. 

9 people like this

1 minute ago, bowld said:

Why did Nashville go with just 1 shoulder logo? Hate the imbalance 

Now they're gonna be too heavy! How will they ever make it to the Final??

1 person likes this

2 minutes ago, Sodboy13 said:

The Most Exciting City in Hockey (trademark pending) just gave us The Most Boring Jerseys in Hockey (trademark also pending).

4 people like this

4 minutes ago, EichGOAT99 said:

Just remember no matter how disappointed you are today nothing will be as bad as the redesigns we saw when he league went to EDGE.

The best Adidas can do is not send teams backwards like Reebok did. So far sounds like only the Devils are heading in that direction.

2 people like this

1 minute ago, Zeus89725 said:

Now they're gonna be too heavy! How will they ever make it to the Final??

They've always had one shoulder patch with the yellow jerseys. I think they'll survive.

3 people like this

So from what i can see the rectangle of different mesh material on the shoulders looks to be standard no matter what?  A little weird.