Indiana Pacers New Uniforms, Alternate Logos

upperV03

My one beef with the Pacers' new logo is the fact that they tweaked the striped ball in the state outline secondary logo, but kept it the same in the primary.  I assume they didn't want to pay the fabled $500K logo change fee, and will change it down the line.  But in the interim, it's annoying to have two versions of their signature graphic element in the same brand package. 

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, keynote said:

Nah, just a pucker caused by the embroidery of the NBA logo. 

Thank goodness haha. 

Also the back of the armholes doesn't look bad here to me. 

Overall I like the new Indy set, with main exception being the yellow/blue combo on the trim.

I think the road jersey would be way more beautiful with just a solid yellow stripe on the arm trim and home with a solid blue stripe.

Rest of it is great, I'm really digging the Indiana Pacers in full on the jersey, it's different.

These are very interesting -- nobody on here or whom I've talked to elsewhere seems to agree on which elements are good and which ones are bad. 

Personally, I'm right in the middle....I really like some parts, and I strongly dislike others. 

Good:

-Yellow is emphasized more than white, which is how it should be

-The wordmarks are clean and classic, yet interesting and unique now to the Pacers

-The collar and armhole trim is simple, matching the clean and classic aesthetic

Bad:

-The side panels are TERRIBLE -- I really do appreciate the significance of the cornrows, but the solid colors at the top of the jerseys' side panels and the bottom of the shorts' side panels look wildly out of place

-The negative space on the shorts' side panels where the logo is placed is awkward and poorly shaped

-For as much as I like the emphasis on yellow, especially on the Icon Edition, there isn't enough contrast because the wordmarks and numerals are so dense

-The wordmarks and numerals on the fronts of the jerseys are placed way too high

The colors are great, the fonts are fine, and these are certainly unique, but all things considered these are just okay....could've been worse, could've been better. 

That Pacers look is hot garbage.  Michigan meets Marquette.  Hate it.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

46 minutes ago, eRay said:

Really happy to hear Marquette got called up to the NBA.

This is exactly what I was thinking. It really reminds me of Marquette's new uniforms, not to say that's a bad thing, but it's the first thought that came to my mind

I really like what the Pacers did here. The side panels have this interesting mix of the pinstripes in the middle and the Flo-Jo stripes at the top and bottom. It's also the cornrows concept as well.

It's a bit harsh at first, but it comes together, especially on a player.

2 hours ago, DJT said:

IMG_3182.JPGFont looks better here. 

Uniforms suck like the team, lol

When did the Washington Generals join the NBA? ???

tmp_3851-images(3)2025927771.jpg

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

Archived