Jezus_Ghoti

Changes to Titans uniforms in 2018 are 'not minor'

As a Titans fan, I'm most intrigued by the gray/silver yoke there after they showed the same two tone blue yokes.

In a perfect world the Titans should have a fairly austere design because their colors alone are so fantastic. I would have greatly preferred solid columbia blue numerals with that new typeface. It would have looked a lot stronger than white numerals with light blue trim.

My bet is  the helmet will be the big surprise as it hasn't been shown. 

1 hour ago, nuordr said:

29101296_10104309666061872_4303891679695

Any idea what this screenshot might be of? Is it a close-up of striping? Is it the pants stripe? My first thought was a number but then I don't know what that little spike of columbia blue would be.

2 hours ago, nuordr said:

29134068_10104309665842312_9080992015566

29101296_10104309666061872_4303891679695

29103746_10104309666685622_4626847321701

29066855_10104309666870252_1218938055344

29066623_10104309667219552_2093225785711

29066693_10104309667598792_1964010298746

29103432_10104309667903182_8383281252710

The video confirms exactly what most have thought, that all of these rumors have been complete and total BS, and that really nobody knows much about how these will look. It makes me feel a bit better that these don't appear to be too insane. *knocks on wood*

First observations, navy will still definitely be the primary and the numerals will still be white with a columbia outline. Red and silver also appear to be featured as accents in some capacity. Other than that, not much can be conclusively drawn. One of the shots appears to show a columbia yoke in the style of the current set, and yet another looks like it shows a silver yoke. No helmet tease is also interesting, but they're likely just saving that for a later tease closer to the 4th. Perhaps the hint of red seen in the top left of the collar shot is the fabric reflecting red facemasks? Probably a stretch to say the least, but I could see it looking really good as a subtle Oilers callback that helps balance some of the red accents that appear to be present. 

14 minutes ago, Gobbi said:

Any idea what this screenshot might be of? Is it a close-up of striping? Is it the pants stripe? My first thought was a number but then I don't know what that little spike of columbia blue would be.

I'm guessing the name plate.

Another Reddit rumour debunked? Whodathunkit?

46 minutes ago, Volt said:

Good catch.  Looks like the collar could be Red.  

Or some kind of red base layer with a blue mesh overlayer

3 minutes ago, PaleVermilion81 said:

I'm guessing the name plate.

Ah! That would make sense. I don't know why I didn't think of that.

Navy, columbia, white, red accents... and grey? This might get muddy.

2 minutes ago, C-Squared said:

Navy, columbia, white, red accents... and grey? This might get muddy.

Might? Isn’t this the same colour scheme (more or less) that the Bills trotted out from 2002-2010? 

Gray only appears in one shot of the uniform, right? Maybe that one specifically is a navy and gray Color Rush uniform. Otherwise, yeah, these might be way too busy. 

2 hours ago, Gr3g3 said:

The very first picture

What is with the red on the top left? Could that be the start of a gradient?

That’s the mesh part of the collar that allows ventilation to the player’s chest, so I’m pretty sure that red is the shoulder pads.

1 hour ago, Ice_Cap said:

Might? Isn’t this the same colour scheme (more or less) that the Bills trotted out from 2002-2010? 

11.jpg

A mess though they were, grey had subjective utility in dividing the low-contrast blues around the numbers (evidenced in the piping). Conversely, based on what we have seen, I see no utility in grey for this Titans set whatsoever - unless it ties in a major surprise waiting for us at the helmet reveal.

27 minutes ago, C-Squared said:

11.jpg

A mess though they were, grey had subjective utility in dividing the low-contrast blues around the numbers (evidenced in the piping). Conversely, based on what we have seen, I see no utility in grey for this Titans set whatsoever - unless it ties in a major surprise waiting for us at the helmet reveal.

I had forgotten how disjointed and just downright awful those Bills uniforms were. Sheesh.

2 hours ago, AstroBull21 said:

Or some kind of red base layer with a blue mesh overlayer

that was my guess, too.

Kill the side panels on those Bills unis and they don't make me vomit quite as much.

That image of what could be a tapered pants stripe makes me think the helmet stripes could stay the same...?

Well, the addition of gray matches the 20 yr anniv logo and that image floating around of the primary outlined in gray. Believe it was painted inside their weight room but could be wrong

I don't think these are all the same jersey.

My guess is a navy primary with Columbia yokes (per usual). A grey alternate with navy yokes (pic is upside down). A white color rush with columbia numbers, outlined in red with red swooshes (just a hunch)......

I may need a Henry AND a Mariota.

This could be a dumpster fire but at least it looks like the Titans tried, and I give them credit for the effort. Unlike their divisional rival.