kimball

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

Yellow/Green for the Bucks? Is it gonna Brett Favre tribute night in the new arena or something?

Speaking of the new arena, it sure does have a terrible name.

DjDQ1S8VAAAe6fm.jpg:large

I actually like the look of the floor, but yeah ... that name ... woof.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

11 hours ago, Frylock said:

I missed the name because I was distracted by the M-based camo pattern around the court... yikes!

I love the pattern around the court. Creative and forest-y, but not so wild as to be obtrusive.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

10 hours ago, 63Bulldogs63 said:

I dont get why Memphis hasn't taken advantage of the 90s nostalgia and worn throwbacks yet.

Well, I get why they haven't ... the '90s look is strictly a Vancouver Grizzlies look with northwest themed elements. But, I'd like to see a fauxback in their current color with more of a Memphis vibe. You could do something fun for a City or Statement jersey. I don't know?

Either way, I'd be surprised to see the Grizz wear a 90's Vancouver Grizzlies throwback. 

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

14 minutes ago, kimball said:

Well, I get why they haven't ... the '90s look is strictly a Vancouver Grizzlies look with northwest themed elements. But, I'd like to see a fauxback in their current color with more of a Memphis vibe. You could do something fun for a City or Statement jersey. I don't know?

Either way, I'd be surprised to see the Grizz wear a 90's Vancouver Grizzlies throwback. 

It's interesting that there are 90s Grizzlies elements, including the Native American bear alternate logo and original jersey trim, on the banner and invitation that Bradbury posted. Neither of those elements made the jump to Memphis.

r3htbw6ghslnszfkusgr6wvq6.gif

87jndmbgbcgqsejp49jl8s3fv.gif

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

1 hour ago, Survival79 said:

It's interesting that there are 90s Grizzlies elements, including the Native American bear alternate logo and original jersey trim, on the banner and invitation that Bradbury posted. Neither of those elements made the jump to Memphis.

r3htbw6ghslnszfkusgr6wvq6.gif

87jndmbgbcgqsejp49jl8s3fv.gif

We can only hope...

Jaguars

Bucks court is very very NCAA-ish, but I like it, I like how those multiple "M" in different colors simulating deep forest where deers living.

What about Grizzlies I hope these references to late 90's/early 00's will transform into "City" jersey or a throwback. I hope they didn't put them only for marketing purposes.

4r2eer.png

I always thought the Grizzlies could’ve pulled off a successful “Memphisized” 90’s nod by putting music notes in the collar/arm stripes/waistband instead of the Native American imagery on a throwback inspired alternate.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

1 hour ago, truepg said:

Not sure about the Bucks' court update. That blue outline was an interesting and a unique touch and a reference to the old arena.

I'm kind of hoping it's an alternate court, I'd hate to see the Robert Indiana inspired court to just go away.

kimball banner.png

They look like practice jerseys, hopefully this isn't what they go on to release. It's funny to think about how one franchise can go from having some of the most wild and out there uniforms, in the form of the Vancouver Grizzles, to one of the most boring and uninspired jerseys ever, in Memphis.

53 minutes ago, JELKK said:

DjlHQZZV4AAxKbZ?format=jpgDjlHQZYVsAAxSvs?format=jpg

I like the new wordmark and numbers but the whole jersey just looks plain to me.

I don't mind it. It's pretty plain (similar to their "City"/alternate jersey from last year), but some colored trim on the arm holes or even a stripe on the side panel would make these stick out more.

Archived