FightingGoldenDevil

College Football uniforms- 2018

7 hours ago, pscf3 said:

Mississippi State has new matte maroon helmets, featuring silver facemasks, decals, and stripes.

They also will be wearing stickers in memory of Alex Wilcox, a softball player who passed away from ovarian cancer earlier this year.

Are those Bully stickers new this season? 

Ohio State is considered the road team for tomorrow night’s game against TCU at AT&T Stadium and wearing its standard white road uniforms. The Buckeyes wore scarlet during their last two trips to Arlington (2015 National Championship and 2017 Cotton Bowl), though the first was the throwback alternate and the recent trip was the standard home.

49 minutes ago, razorback447 said:

Are those Bully stickers new this season? 

Yes they are- that’s a Joe Moorhead thing. He did pride stickers as HC at Fordham and has now started doing them at State.

10 hours ago, Webfooter said:

I absolutely despise how emojis have led to an over abundance of head to toe “icy white” road uniforms every single week now. This is the world we live in now.

❄️?❄️?❄️

On 9/11/2018 at 10:58 PM, andrewharrington said:

The school colors are actually gold and silver. If they didn’t have such a good look with the gold, black and white, I think they could really do something unique and original that makes better use of the two school colors with less black.

University of Idaho has the same school colors and should have been doing the same thing. And Montana should be doing much more with copper, silver, and gold. 

For anyone who cares, Syracuse is rolling out in this today vs. my Seminoles...

usa_today_10300193.0.jpg

And on the other side, FSU will be in traditional white jerseys/"gold" pants.

Kent State with their white helmets today. Probably my favorite so far, though the yellow last week did look pretty cool as well:

Dm_v-DpW4AMj0qg.jpg

I just realized that the stripes on Miami’s white jerseys are orange/green/orange, which is the opposite of their helmet.  I think they should match and I think the helmet looks much better.

48 minutes ago, PosterNutbag said:

Cowboys going classic W/O/W with brand on the helmet.

41795514_2089159511136595_24807956802227

DnFkk34UcAAgPgO.jpg:large

Should be a good looking game today

1 hour ago, OnWis97 said:

I just realized that the stripes on Miami’s white jerseys are orange/green/orange, which is the opposite of their helmet.  I think they should match and I think the helmet looks much better.

Theyve been screwed up like that for so much of their history that it’s now considered “tradition” and they even made a comeback when they reverted to the classic look a few years ago. They would’ve been fixed by now if not for “tradition” for the sake of “tradition.” Get angry.

Minnesota looks good in M-M-G. This Gopher RedHawks game is beautiful

EDIT: Nevermind. I saw a close-up of Miami's helmets and the gradient ruins it. Make the shell all red and it's a great look

Edited by FightingGoldenDevil

30 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

More looks inside the Oregon locker room:

I love the colors! Could use some green on the side of the helmet.

First on-field looks at the Ducks’ black and neon set. My first impression is that they look pretty nice, especially the helmets. I love how the shiny black wings contrast with the matte black shell.

Baylor is wearing Green-Gray-Green vs Duke who's in all white. Duke is up 14-0. Baylor deserves to lose for wearing that get up.

9 hours ago, FightingGoldenDevil said:

EDIT: Nevermind. I saw a close-up of Miami's helmets and the gradient ruins it. Make the shell all red and it's a great look

Miami's gradient > Minnesota's oar.

Fleck's Row The Boat gimmick is embarrassing to take from school to school.  He's a grifter!

Edited by dfwabel

2 hours ago, FightingGoldenDevil said:

Minnesota’s new uniform scheme is very Iowa with the way that the maroon looks washed out on BTN. Dark helmet with gold stripe and logo, dark jerseys, white numbers, gold names, gold britches.