MLS Kits 2019

WarriorFight

That looks very promising so far, and better than the mockup I posted on here awhile back. I love the retro collar and especially the maple leaf on the sleeve like on the old NASL jerseys. It’s too bad they didn’t carry over the chest stripe to the sleeves to really make it like the old NASL jerseys, but it’s still really nice as is. Hopefully the rumor about navy shorts is accurate, because that’ll really complete the look IMO.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, PaleVermilion81 said:

That is just beautiful. Really gives me hope for the rest of the MLS this year. So far every leak looks great. (although Toronto is a different discussion I don't want to have lol)

Other than that dull Toronto kit and New England looking like three or four other teams, yeah. 😂

Very sharp from Vancouver. I was worried that the verticality of the Bell logo made the chest stripe a non-starter. Happy to be wrong on that one.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

36 minutes ago, Digby said:

Other than that dull Toronto kit and New England looking like three or four other teams, yeah. 😂

Very sharp from Vancouver. I was worried that the verticality of the Bell logo made the chest stripe a non-starter. Happy to be wrong on that one.

I'm okay with New England, personally. I like it better than their last secondary kit. And that is probably why I'm okay with it, too, is because it is the secondary and not the primary. Of all the leaks though, yeah, I only like it better than Toronto.

10 hours ago, Lawman said:

xukudmP.jpg

VANCOUVER WHITECAPS ANNIVERSARY KIT, SHORTS WILL BE BLUE!

YEEESSSS!!!!💙🌊⚽🍁👍👌

One of the very best uniforms in Vancouver sports history and now, one of the very best in MLS and in pro sports. This is great, great news. Now, let's hope they remain the permanent primary kit with the odd "little" update in every 2 years.

GREAT JOB WHITECAPS AND THANK YOU!☆☆☆☆☆

1 hour ago, VancouverFan69 said:

YEEESSSS!!!!💙🌊⚽🍁👍👌

One of the very best uniforms in Vancouver sports history and now, one of the very best in MLS and in pro sports. This is great, great news. Now, let's hope they remain the permanent primary kit with the odd "little" update in every 2 years.

GREAT JOB WHITECAPS AND THANK YOU!☆☆☆☆☆

Any idea if the dot pattern is on the jersey too, or just the photo effect and that's it?

On 1/4/2019 at 6:02 PM, Digby said:

Branding minutiae of the day. Minor bones to throw to the Save the Crew crowd, I'm sure. I wouldn't be surprised to see another new logo from the new ownership group, and it would be quite something to see a club formally get rid of a "SC" type modifier these days, but I'm getting ahead of myself.

Crew announcement to usher in a new era tomorrow (along with sale to Haslem). Guessing we’ll see a modified badge then. 

NYCdog.png

On ‎1‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 11:36 AM, Digby said:

All true. Bob Kraft's fortune comes from the paper and cardboard industries, so if you'd like to trash him for non-soccer reasons I'd suggest an environmentalist angle.

like the new Daniel Bryan?

Hotter Than July > Thriller

1 hour ago, NYCdog said:

Crew announcement to usher in a new era tomorrow (along with sale to Haslem). Guessing we’ll see a modified badge then. 

Nothing in that release indicates to me that they will be modifying the crest. I could be wrong, but I think it's simply a press conference to meet the new ownership and leadership team. Maybe they will do that down the line, but with the timing of the new ownership, the 2019 season beginning in only two months (manufacturing production lead times), I would say the 2020 season would be the absolute earliest we'd see anything. This is not to mention that there is nothing wrong with the current crest. It's quite respectable and clean, if not a tad generic, but nice overall. A far cry from the previous badge.

On 1/4/2019 at 7:02 PM, Digby said:

Branding minutiae of the day. Minor bones to throw to the Save the Crew crowd, I'm sure. I wouldn't be surprised to see another new logo from the new ownership group, and it would be quite something to see a club formally get rid of a "SC" type modifier these days, but I'm getting ahead of myself.

Downplaying the “SC”, or at least no longer requiring the press to say it every single time, doesn’t necessarily lead to an official name or logo change.  Any reason to believe that it may happen?

1 hour ago, NYCdog said:

Modified badge possibly. Have the new owners or Porter had a press conference yet? I imagine that is probably the meat of whatever happens tomorrow, but I wouldn't be surprised to see an updated crest.

spacer.png

14 hours ago, WarriorFight said:

Modified badge possibly. Have the new owners or Porter had a press conference yet? I imagine that is probably the meat of whatever happens tomorrow, but I wouldn't be surprised to see an updated crest.

I doubt today's news will involve a new crest, but I love the idea of the club rebranding to Crew 96 (ala the Bundesliga's Hannover 96.) 

20 minutes ago, kmccarthy27 said:

There was nothing about branding, though they hardly if all mentioned "Crew SC"

A full or even partial rebranding doesn't make sense until next year at the earliest, unless they magically had a new crest ready to go. The biggest happiness for most Crew fans was the hashtag changing to #Crew96 instead of #crewsc. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

4 hours ago, gosioux76 said:

I doubt today's news will involve a new crest, but I love the idea of the club rebranding to Crew 96 (ala the Bundesliga's Hannover 96.) 

Would be pretty dope, honestly. Depends on the strength of the final product but in principle I would be game for that.

spacer.png

Archived