NFL changes 2019

FightingGoldenDevil

It's almost 2019 so I figured I'd make this.

We already know about the Jets getting new uniforms and that's super exciting

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/ray-ratto/oakland-lawsuit-vs-raiders-nfl-begs-potentially-league-shaking-question

The City of Oakland is sueing the Raiders and is trying to get a Cleveland deal for the rights to the Raiders name. If the Raiders name sticks with Oakland, it will probably never be used again given how unlikely an expansion or move to Oakland will be. There's a small chance that December 30th will be the last time the Raiders name ever takes the field 

S8eR5Rf.png

Q2XFfoc.jpg

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, MCM0313 said:

Wow. An NFL with no Raiders is not one I want to imagine!

Many of us (old enough to rememeber) said the same thing back in 1997 regarding the Houston Oilers. 21 years later (!), here we are.  (Probably the same as how folk felt in '84 about the Baltimore Colts name--but at least the team and brand still lived on.)

All that to say it would suck to see that long-lasting brand fall by the wayside, especially in that manner, but time does tend to heal [most] wounds.*

*Although I may be giving folk too much credit...

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Since the Raiders aren't breaking a lease (which is why Cleveland sued Modell in the first place), I don't see this as having much chance of success. I think Oakland fans can sue the Raiders for PSL reimbursement and win, but the city's (oh sorry, The Town's) lawsuit seems weak upon initial review.

It's odd that Oakland is suing to keep the name...the Browns legacy was in left in Cleveland as part of a negotiated settlement - it was not part of the original lawsuit. The NFL essentially said "Yes, Cleveland can keep the name because we will do our best to bring football back to Cleveland".  I don't see it happening in Oakland. The argument The Town apparently has of "We spent $240M with the expectation that the Raiders would be here a long time" is meaningless without specific details from the contract. 

In the rare chance that the Raiders lose the lawsuit, I'd be highly surprised if the Raiders don't pay the penalty. The long-term value of the brand "Raiders" is too great.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

This may not be relevant at all (I don't know very much about the legal side of this stuff), but would the precedent that the city of Oakland set previously, by NOT suing the Raiders when they left in '81 carry any weight? It seems like Oakland's willingness to let them go once could be used against them here maybe..?

• Tampa needs a re-haul DESPERATELY. Their uniforms are atrocious.
  • Cincy needs to utilize the tiger logo more instead of a stupid "B" with stripes
  • Browns. Blow 'em up. Start over.
  • The Bills somehow get worse and worse with every reincarnation.

On 12/12/2018 at 8:41 PM, AgentColon2 said:

My short surprise wishlist.

1. Saints

2. Falcons

3. Cardinals

4. Bengals

5. Broncos

Saints: Make Throwback and Color Rush the primary Home and Road set, but with only 3 rather than 5 stripes. Use only Gold or White Pants, and never ever wear Black Pants

Falcons: Model after the Throwback and Color Rush. Current logo, Red Helmet, Black Home Jersey, Throwback Uni is to the 1980's Red Unis

Cardinals: Pretend 2005 Never happened. That is all.

Bengals: Black and Orange versions of the CR, add orange to sleeve cap and pants CR for Road set. Curly bottom of pant stripe can stay. Basically the current set, minus side-panels and plus Block Font. It just shows how 2 tweaks can make a huge difference. Make the Tiger Logo primary again, and add 1970s "BENGALS" Throwbacks.

Broncos: Make White Pants and Jerseys, and a Navy Alternate modeled after the CR. Keep the "D" Logo.

BONUS:

Patriots: Model after CR set. Add White Jersey and Pants, Remove silver, wear White Helmets, switch sleeve logo for Numbers, and go back to Royal Blue. Too much Navy in the league. Also bring back throwbacks.

Chargers: Powder Blue Home, change Road numbers to P.B., use simpler Logo/Helmet from CR, With Yellow Facemask. Add Powder Blue Pants, and make CR an alternate, but with White Numbers. Navy can be gone. Shield logo to Primary Status. Also, no rectangle around bolt on the White Pants.

Buccaneers: Pull a 49ers and go back to old set, but with upgraded logos and wordmark. Make helmets white like the 1997 Prototype helmets

Browns: Back to the old set, but with Brown Facemask and 3-stripe pattern instead of 5-stripes, for modern cuts.

Dolphins: Try to guess...

da0Lbhs.png

9 hours ago, thisguyphelps said:

urnvxowo2g3dqchoyzfj.jpg

I guess no changes to league logos within the next 2 years

That logo is totally fine.  Even the shading or whatever on the "Draft" bar works well in certain situations - just maybe not flat print.

WHat bothers me is that of all the "Fabulous Las Vegas" logos there have been, that's the least "fabulous" rendition of "Fabulous" I've ever seen.  There's nothing at all exciting about that script, and nothing... uplifting or inspiring about the whole "welcome to..." part of the logo.  They sucked all the fun out of having an event in Vegas.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

57 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

That logo is totally fine.  Even the shading or whatever on the "Draft" bar works well in certain situations - just maybe not flat print.

WHat bothers me is that of all the "Fabulous Las Vegas" logos there have been, that's the least "fabulous" rendition of "Fabulous" I've ever seen.  There's nothing at all exciting about that script, and nothing... uplifting or inspiring about the whole "welcome to..." part of the logo.  They sucked all the fun out of having an event in Vegas.

It is the "No Fun League", after all...

So much of the appeal of Vegas getting the Raiders is the RAIDERS brand. It wouldn't be the same if they become the Vegas Vipers, or whatever. Without the RAIDERS brand, they're just a bad team with a laughable owner and obsolete coach.

(EDIT: I highly, highly doubt they will lose their name.)

Archived