College Football 2019

29texan

I tried to pull what I could from their teaser photo but there's really not much to glean from it. You can see they went over it with brushes to mask details on the helmet, jersey, and pants, and left some sort of message on the arms for us to find -- "Nice try you (???)"

U0OP4m2.png

In the image, you can see purple tops and black pants. It almost looks like there may be some black on the shoulder area, with the obvious thin white element to the cuffs. From what I can tell, the helmet looks to be purple with a black facemask, with the arched TCU wordmark on the sides.

I wouldn't be surprised to see some flashy elements, but it almost feels like this could be a return to a more traditional look for TCU. I'm sure we'll have mixing and matching for uniform combinations, but I could see this being some kind of blend between the Tomlinson era and the Boykin era.

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, j'villejags said:

I tried to pull what I could from their teaser photo but there's really not much to glean from it. You can see they went over it with brushes to mask details on the helmet, jersey, and pants, and left some sort of message on the arms for us to find -- "Nice try you (???)"

U0OP4m2.png

In the image, you can see purple tops and black pants. It almost looks like there may be some black on the shoulder area, with the obvious thin white element to the cuffs. From what I can tell, the helmet looks to be purple with a black facemask, with the arched TCU wordmark on the sides.

I wouldn't be surprised to see some flashy elements, but it almost feels like this could be a return to a more traditional look for TCU. I'm sure we'll have mixing and matching for uniform combinations, but I could see this being some kind of blend between the Tomlinson era and the Boykin era.

I really hope that's the case... we're about to find out. 

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

Yikes. Thought the two toned facemask died with the UGA Pro Combats and Oregon State a few years ago. Those shoulders are equally bad. If they minimized the pattern to the collar and cuffs, this could have been really nice. Instead, it looks they tried to make the pattern similar to Oregon’s wings.

I really like this look for TCU. It isn't perfect, but a huge upgrade. The LT collar spikes are nice- maybe a bit too big, though. They go below the nameplate, which is too much. The facemask could be fine all purple. The stripe isn't necessary.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

Hmm... 

If the pattern was smaller, I'd be a lot more positive about these. 

Dont really mind the facemask.

I was really hoping for the different color sleeves like in the Boykin era. 

...all in all, I'll give the look a C+. Not horrible, but I REALLY wanted to be proud of these. But at least the frogskin pattern isn't slapped all over the jerseys. 

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

Shiney numbers and those other shiney elements don't exactly match with matte helmets. Lots of conflict here

This is like the white Andy Dalton era jersey with the triangle collar and armhole design taken it up to another level.

Picture-116.png

I wouldnt exactly call it better. 

They really botched some of TCUs jerseys over the years. Get back to winning please. Less jersey Twitter hype 

Smallest grip. But could they really not have lowered the swoosh an inch? This sort of overlap reeks of amateurism. 

c34b18c4-4938-4c28-85a4-fe594d9ff777.jpg

From a distance, the purple of the design clashes with the black swoosh. 

I followed y'all while in the wac and MTN west, then nike got a hold of y'all. Call me old school. I really felt the old triangle collar/trim look was super unique to TCU. Now they'll have that back in a big Nike way with this new design. 

I do like it better than some past years. When a team changes a jersey design so often, I guess I don't get the overall hype. I checked their Twitter. They put a lot of work into the whole reveal. Next year we'll get something new. 

Not really talking losing seasons persay but that's for another team thread. My bad bringing it up. 

18 hours ago, Clintau24 said:

I'm well aware Arizona is a top softball program. Repeating that does nothing to further the discussion. The point originally discussed was the use of Nike Swoosh logos similar to those worn in the CFP being used outside of football.

Is Nike trying to expand upon their Elite campaign? In basketball the Elite teams used to have their logo on the collar inside a shield as a reward for making the Final Four in basketball. Would the Diamond swoosh start being used for College World Series teams in the future or is this just Arizona softball deciding it looks cooler?

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I realize black, purple, and white would already be a lot of helmets...but silver helmets would look pretty great with a few of those looks. Black/purple/purple is my favorite.  

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I really like these, sure they could use some tweaks but honestly these are the least offensive of some of the modern experiments we've seen over the years. I think they could get a solid 5-6 years out of these before they'd need to update again.

a2BRS8U.png

Well these are much more bold than I was anticipating. If they had dialed this back and refined it a bit, they would have had something very nice. 

I think the shoulder pattern only really works if it is sublimated, which is why it looks best on the purple jersey. I like TCU with a touch of silver, but would like to see it only used as a tertiary or trim color. The facemask might actually be my least favorite part, as it doesn't really add anything but clutter. I'd get rid of the tapered helmet stripe too. With a shoulder design as loud as this, it's best to clean up and simplify everything else.

There is just too much going on for me. That said, I think they'll look better on TV when I'm not up close and staring at the details.

I wish they'd go with a simple uniform and then let the helmet be the focal point. Then they can dress up or dress down, depending on which helmet they wear.

848053140-smu-v-tcu.jpg.jpg&

TCUWestVirginiaFootball.JPG

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

I don't think the shiny numbers will translate that well to the field, but that being said the new look is definitely an upgrade, though I like the Boykin and LaDanian sets more. The comparison to Black Panther is actually really cool, I like that effect.

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience 

Archived