Recommended Posts

The Patriots are kind of not good and only got a bye thanks to their putrid division and a pretty flat AFC. I think they're ripe for the picking by the Chargers. Oddly the only team I really think they matchup well with is the Chiefs because the Chiefs defense is struggling so if the Pats can Pats their way past the Chargers they'll probably go to the super bowl again, which will suck, obviously. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a feeling we may see the what I would call the "Social Media Super Bowl" between Dallas and New England. The two most vilified teams in the league, with the most haters than pretty much every other team combined, squaring off in the Super Bowl.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Man who failed to get Texas Tech bowl eligible gets NFL head job for no apparent reason. I know Mahomes has been great and all, but that doesn’t mean Kingsbury is a great head coach. I just don’t get this hire. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Red Wolf said:

Man who failed to get Texas Tech bowl eligible gets NFL head job for no apparent reason. I know Mahomes has been great and all, but that doesn’t mean Kingsbury is a great head coach. I just don’t get this hire. 

His hiring is just as a big of a risk than the Packers hiring LeFleur.  That's a guy who was the QB coach in ATL when Matt Ryan won MVP, yet Kyle Shannahan thought so little of him that he wasn't brought with him to the 49ers...that should tell you something.  As a result, he spends a year with McVay which led to him getting the OC gig with the Titans, which produced a Titans team who finished 25th in offensive yards per game (312.4) this season and 27th in points per game (19.4). And now, he's a first time HC at age 39 with an aging Aaron Rodgers.

Both are trying to find the next McVay, but neither address culture or leadership.

Edited by dfwabel
Bolded by me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/8/2019 at 9:50 AM, Dalcowboyfan92 said:

I have a feeling we may see the what I would call the "Social Media Super Bowl" between Dallas and New England. The two most vilified teams in the league, with the most haters than pretty much every other team combined, squaring off in the Super Bowl.

It's funny, I've hated the Cowpokes since the 90s, but like Dak, and liked Romo (he's from my county... opposite side, granted, but still); conversely, I liked the Pats in the 90s but won't consider rooting for them at all until Brady's gone.

So...time to get a Pokes jersey ready, I guess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/7/2019 at 7:16 AM, BringBackTheVet said:

 

Where is that happening?

Sister lives north of Philly and I visit quite a bit.  My brother in law is an Eagle-hating Steeler fan who turned me on to WIP.  It's happening.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, ninersdd said:

 

 

So basically if the Chargers and Colts win in the AFC and Rams and Eagles in the NFC. Then it would be an all-LA Conference Championship weekend. Hmmm ... that could go along way for the Chargers being embraced by LA. Especially if both the Rams and Chargers win.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ha. Hahaha. HAHAHAH. HAHAHAHAHAHA.

 

No. Go get :censored:ed in your own stadium.

 

23 minutes ago, kimball said:

 

So basically if the Chargers and Colts win in the AFC and Rams and Eagles in the NFC. Then it would be an all-LA Conference Championship weekend. Hmmm ... that could go along way for the Chargers being embraced by LA. Especially if both the Rams and Chargers win.

 

No. It wouldn't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They can play at the Coliseum and there still won't be anyone there. If anything, that would look more ignominious than playing at Office Health Plus Progressive Endeavor Sports Medicine Holistic Body Park.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

a Monday Night CG would be insane.  I think that would draw more attention to the crappy situation than just going forward with the game in the soccer park.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

StubHub is absurd, but I think it at least looks like a modern stadium; just half-sized. And wouldn't it be just like the NFL to force a team that earned a home-field game to play on a neutral field? That doesn't seem right; especially if the NFC doesn't have to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, DG_Now said:

StubHub is absurd, but I think it at least looks like a modern stadium; just half-sized. And wouldn't it be just like the NFL to force a team that earned a home-field game to play on a neutral field? That doesn't seem right; especially if the NFC doesn't have to.

 

Excuse me, sir. I don't know of what you speak. The Chargers play at historic Dignity Health Sports Park now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Still MIGHTY said:

 

Excuse me, sir. I don't know of what you speak. The Chargers play at historic Dignity Health Sports Park now.

 

9 hours ago, the admiral said:

They can play at the Coliseum and there still won't be anyone there. If anything, that would look more ignominious than playing at Office Health Plus Progressive Endeavor Sports Medicine Holistic Body Park.

Yeah, but what's the real home of the LA football Clippers?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, the last paragraph of the article is where I'm at:

"However, a Chargers source, while acknowledging that there has been conversation at the league-level about the locale of a championship game, said: "There is a firm contractual agreement in place between AEG and the Chargers, and neither one of those parties wants to break the contract or endanger their business alliance in L.A. That contract requires the game to be played in Carson (California, home of Dignity Health Sports Park)." 

 

There's no way AEG will go for this. The Chargers shouldn't want this. I don't see how the NFL makes it happen, even if they want it more than anything in the whole world. This was probably just an idea leaked to embarrass the Chargers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Red Wolf said:

 

Yeah, but what's the real home of the LA football Clippers?

 

San Diego. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm enjoying this Chiefs-Colts January AFC matchup in the snow with the NBC logo on the screen. I'm getting all kinds of 90's nostalgia vibes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now