Los Angeles Rams Confirm Throwback Uniforms For Super Bowl

SportsLogos.Net News

9 hours ago, Bucfan56 said:

Why did the NFL absolutely insist for so long that they weren’t going to let the Rams mess with their set even despite the move? I mean, they ended up caving this season anyway on the uniforms, and anyone could’ve gauged that this was what the fans wanted from day one. Now we have a situation where the Super Bowl uniform set and logos that go with it are all throwback logos, and we have this entirely different set of logos in a different color scheme out there to just to muddle the whole thing up. They should’ve just let them recolor the Ram head logo to royal and yellow from the beginning and avoided this whole mess. Instead they tried to “protect the brand” and ended up just :censored:ing it up even worse. 

The NFL did allow them to change with the move - but they’d be subject to the normal rules and not be able to change again until year... 2(?) of the new stadium, not year 1. 

I dont think the the league was unreasonable, though I get that since the throwbacks were already in the rotation, it’s not the same as allowing two totally new designs to roll out within 5 years. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, simtek34 said:
24 minutes ago, bosrs1 said:

Why can't they go back? Their stadium is still there and the city would still like them back...

San Diego hates Dean Spanos. They probably won't be accepted back unless the team is sold to somebody else.

It has been, and continues to be, my prediction that the Chargers will go back to San Diego under future owners.  Once they flop in the new stadium (especially as compared to the Rams, who will go there with a Super Bowl appearance, and perhaps a win, in their recent history), the other teams' owners will prevail upon Spanos to sell. And the team will be returned to San Diego by its new owners, who will be hailed as heroes. 

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

7 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

I find it funny that the Rams always had the ram horns on TV but the Browns just used a wordmark.

NBC used the Browns' wordmark turned at a 45-degree angle to fit into the logo box. Unsightly.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

48 minutes ago, kimball said:

I think the NFL in San Diego is pretty much dead. Not only do they hate Spanos, but they're redeveloping the stadium into a campus site for SDSU with a smaller stadium for the Aztecs. 

The new owners will just do what Spanos should have done in the first place - build a new stadium on their own dime.

4 hours ago, kimball said:

I think the NFL in San Diego is pretty much dead. Not only do they hate Spanos, but they're redeveloping the stadium into a campus site for SDSU with a smaller stadium for the Aztecs. 

A smaller stadium with a built in expansion in mind for the NFL. San Diego hasn't given up on the NFL... they're just not waiting around for the NFL to realize it made a mistake. 

NFL-SDSU-West-e1524797965450.jpg

Here's what the new Aztecs stadium would look like built to NFL size (55-60k) in the future as it's designed to be expanded to do. 

43 minutes ago, insert name said:

Is there a reason why they've been choosing to eliminate the conference logos? 

They haven't had them for a while. Cleaner look I would assume?

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

1 hour ago, Guy with Machete said:

DyBarh6WwAAFR0p.jpg:largeThese end zones do not look symmetrical at all without the conference logo. I do not know any other end zone in all of sports where the logo is so close to the word mark. I also think it is kind of weird that the Rams super bowl word mark is something they just cooked up for the coliseum this year.

Its the same as last year - but a million times better because the Eagles wordmark can only be center justified but they had to shift it over some to accommodate the logo.

The Patriots is similar, but at least it's long enough to not be as glaring.  Either way I'm really surprised that they don't have different options ready to go bsed on the matchups.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

3 hours ago, Ray Lankford said:

Why couldn't the Rams have used a colored in version of the Rams head logo? Or is this a sign that he's not coming back when they make the switch?

Because that might not be an official team graphic, and it would clash with the throwbacks since they're from different eras.

3 hours ago, Ray Lankford said:

Why couldn't the Rams have used a colored in version of the Rams head logo? Or is this a sign that he's not coming back when they make the switch?

Thats what I was thinking!  Why couldn't they color the Ram head and put the old school woodmark RAMS that they put in the Coliseum in 2016-2017?  This new RAMS woodmark is terrible and bland.  It wouldn't surprise me if the NFL stops coloring the end zones entirely with how boring their fields are becoming.  Oh I miss the Super Bowls from the mid 80's - early 2000's when the fields were awesome with unique super bowl logos from year to year. 

Archived