larrypep

Players in the "wrong" uniforms

Recommended Posts

On 1/3/2018 at 12:24 PM, charger77 said:

DSoKSvwUMAInHlD?format=jpg&name=900x900

But what is the right uniform for Kurt Russell?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Richmond Webb, a 7x Pro Bowler and 4x All Pro for the Miami Dolphins, played with the Cincinnati Bengals in 2001-2002

 

Richmond Webb #73 : News Photo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hall of fame running back Eric Dickerson spent the final two seasons of his career with the then Los Angeles Raiders (1992) and Atlanta Falcons (1993).

 

f5dc0d0970689b57fbe1199f163639b8.jpg

 

 

229a014a-6dde-44c0-a29c-e9d78f8f9be3.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jim Kelly in a blue face mask. The Bills switched to white in his second year.

 

nfl_g_jkelly1_576.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/13/2018 at 1:44 AM, smzimbabwe said:

0ap2000000118082_gallery_600.jpg

 

Steve Largent with his original NFL team, pre-Seahawks career...

Amazing he even kept playing as long as he did...I mean, I'm sure even by this point he had made a ton playing Willy Wonka.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/9/2018 at 10:43 PM, SabresRule7361 said:

Richmond Webb, a 7x Pro Bowler and 4x All Pro for the Miami Dolphins, played with the Cincinnati Bengals in 2001-2002

 

Richmond Webb #73 : News Photo

...and, going by this picture, regretted every minute of it. Not that I can blame him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/29/2017 at 10:58 AM, McCarthy said:

 

 

He went by Audy-Marchessault at that time so his nameplate was an eyeful 

 

12123714-large.jpg

What in the world is the Sharks goalie wearing? That's the late 2000s template and color scheme paired with the original logo.  Am I missing something here?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SizzlinSabres said:

What in the world is the Sharks goalie wearing? That's the late 2000s template and color scheme paired with the original logo.  Am I missing something here?

 

That's from an AHL game. The Springfield Falcons wore Blue Jackets templates at the time. The Worcester Sharks kept using the original sharks logo even after the NHL Sharks changed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

head-coach-tom-landry-of-the-dallas-cowb

 

Is this a picture of Harold Carmichael in a Dallas Cowboys uniform (far right, behind coach Landry)? I know he spent the last year of his career as a Cowboy, but I haven't been able to find a picture of him in a Cowboy uniform. if anyone has a pic of Carmichael as a Cowboy, I'd love to see it.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, fgoodwin said:

head-coach-tom-landry-of-the-dallas-cowb

 

Is this a picture of Harold Carmichael in a Dallas Cowboys uniform (far right, behind coach Landry)? I know he spent the last year of his career as a Cowboy, but I haven't been able to find a picture of him in a Cowboy uniform. if anyone has a pic of Carmichael as a Cowboy, I'd love to see it.

 

He did continue wearing his familiar #17 in Dallas, so the 1 and the first few letters of his last name are right. Dude's tall, too, and so is Harold. According to PFR, though, he played in just two games for the Cowboys in 1984, his only year with them: at Chicago and at home against the Colts. Dallas would likely have been wearing white for both those games. I'd say the most likely scenario for this photo is that it does indeed depict Carmichael in a Cowboys uniform, but it was taken either during the preseason or during a game in which he did not play. Did he spend the whole season on the Dallas roster? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MCM0313 said:

He did continue wearing his familiar #17 in Dallas, so the 1 and the first few letters of his last name are right. Dude's tall, too, and so is Harold. According to PFR, though, he played in just two games for the Cowboys in 1984, his only year with them: at Chicago and at home against the Colts. Dallas would likely have been wearing white for both those games. I'd say the most likely scenario for this photo is that it does indeed depict Carmichael in a Cowboys uniform, but it was taken either during the preseason or during a game in which he did not play. Did he spend the whole season on the Dallas roster? 

 This is from Getty: "EAST RUTHERFORD, NJ - SEPTEMBER 9: Head Coach Tom Landry of the Dallas Cowboys looks on during a game against the New York Giants on September 9, l984 at Giants Stadium in East Rutherford, New Jersey. (Photo by Ronald C. Modra/Sports Imagery/Getty Images)". The Sep 9, 1984, game at the NYG was a regular season game.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, fgoodwin said:

 This is from Getty: "EAST RUTHERFORD, NJ - SEPTEMBER 9: Head Coach Tom Landry of the Dallas Cowboys looks on during a game against the New York Giants on September 9, l984 at Giants Stadium in East Rutherford, New Jersey. (Photo by Ronald C. Modra/Sports Imagery/Getty Images)". The Sep 9, 1984, game at the NYG was a regular season game.

 

 

Thanks. Didn't realize the Giants wore white at home then, even against Dallas. So this was a game for which Carmichael dressed but stayed on the sidelines.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

DT2YqqPVMAAGgfS.jpg

 

I just found this on twitter. These are screen caps and the resolution isn't great, but better than nothing.DUP0HFWVQAEp5uU.jpg

 

This is Harold in a Dallas Cowboy team-issued photo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After playing 102 games for Fremantle in the AFL between 2011 and 2016, Tendai Mzungu played 4 games for Greater Western Sydney in 2017 before announcing his retirement.

 

MUZretire-PORT.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Image result for isaiah thomasImage result for jae crowder

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

c0b031058e7ea31cf45437fb31e5071b--baseba

A two-fer: Bud Harrelson, the only Met to take part in both of their World Series championships (1969 as a player, 1986 as a coach), in the uniform of the Philadelphia Phillies.

 

Array.cdseo_url%7Creplace:'.html':''-116

And here he is as a Texas Ranger.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now