2011-12 NBA Season

LeGooo

Between the new CBA and the emergence (or reemergence) of other destination franchises, it might not be that easy for the Lakers anymore. It seems the stars of today are less concerned with past banners and are more interested in cap space, climate, and the possibility of creating their own legacy (instead of following in past stars' footsteps).

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Warriors are in trouble right now... Steph Curry rolled his ankle last night AND Monta Ellis is getting sued for sexual harrassment by a former team employee. Nothing worse than a one-two punch of the injury bug and a big distraction. Hopefully they figure it out soon, because I'd like the Pacific Division to be competitive for once.

So none of the Warriors' games will be notable then?

Sorry Let'sGoOakland9.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I know it's only a scrimmage, but the Clippers beat the Lakers in a game that means absolutely nothing. This team is the second best in LA.

fixed

Even Laker fans admit that the Clips look better this year.

They might be better than the aging Lakers, but not much more. They didn't even make the playoffs last year, and just adding Paul isn't going to skyrocket them to a championship.

According to the Lakers' doctors, Kobe tore something in his wrist during the first preseason game. Apparently, he won't play tonight and could miss even more time than that.

I know it's too early, but does the Lake show have a contingency plan when Kobe calls it a career?

Yes. They'll fleece some other team out of a superstar and win another five championships in a decade.

It's the Lakers. They play by different rules than everyone else.

Chris Paul can walk right across the hall to the Lakers locker room after his deal with the Clipjoint is up :P

And in one of the worst arena names ever column, Conseco Fieldhouse has been renamed Bankers Life Fieldhouse.

The. :censored:. Just call it MSA (even though it isn't) and be done with it.

Also, I'm really starting to question the Mods' abilities again. It seems like once again they no longer care about this place when douchebags like the banned LetsGoOakland9 make it extremely obvious that they are posting on a duplicate account. Many of us have reported it, yet nothing has happened. Please mods, do your damn jobs like you were a few months back. After a good upswing in the quality of this place, it is going to hell once again.

Dude! I was seriously just about to post this.

Evans has mad hops. I'd be shocked if he doesn't get invited to the Dunk Contest this year. Yeah, he's not that big of a name at all, but if the nation had seen what all us Utahans had seen last year and now, I think most would agree :D I mean, d*mn. The guy can dunk.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Dude! I was seriously just about to post this.

Evans has mad hops. I'd be shocked if he doesn't get invited to the Dunk Contest this year. Yeah, he's not that big of a name at all, but if the nation had seen what all us Utahans had seen last year and now, I think most would agree :D I mean, d*mn. The guy can dunk.

I've changed my avatar to match it. I hope he gets in the Dunk contest. I liked the line (on this site), "The only bad thing is that now there's photographic evidence that implicates Jeremy Evans for attempted homicide." :D

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

Not sure what to think of this, as this trade does have its ups and downs. This is another move Utah has made that will be debated among the fans for some time to come.

Okur could have helped in spreading the floor with all those bigs down in the paint. If done right, having him and someone like Al Jefferson or Derrick Favors could be mean. He was appearing to be a mentor of sorts to fellow Turk and center Enes Kanter. He was also in the best shape since his Achilles injury.

All that said, who knows how much longer he has in his career? Would he be able to play his worth this year or next? Would he ever return to his pre-injury form? Would he fit in with all the big guys long-term? Would it have been worth it to trade away Paul Millsap or Al Jefferson and keep him around instead?

I wish that he was given more time to see how he panned out. I wish him the best on his way, and I hope that he can be honored some way after the end of his career.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

Perhaps the best intro video I have ever seen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5DnCzzKCzg&feature=youtu.be&hd=1

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Archived