2011-12 NBA Season

LeGooo

I just went to my first NBA game since 1998. The T-Wolves are as advertised: lottery team (you're welcome Hornets) but fun to watch.

I don't think its out of the question for the Twolves to make the playoffs this year. They are a much better team now then they were two years ago. Kevin Love might be a guy you can build around, Ricky Rubio looked very good tonight, Michael Beasley looks like he's finally pulled his head out of his ass and realized the kind of talent he has and Darko Milicic looks like he may be doing the same.

There's still some flaws mainly on defense (they need to get alot tougher) but this is far from being a bad basketball team.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kings beat the Lakers in Sacramento tonight. Start the Lakers panic in 3...2...1...

I didn't realize until recently that Mike Brown was the Lakers' coach.

They never had a chance.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

#1 pick Kyrie Irving was 2-12 from the floor in his debut, ouch

Your going to get alot of sloppy basketball very early on.

Teams have not had much of a chance to get their offenses in, so your going to see many a game where plenty of shots are being taken but very few are falling because players can't get open looks. Your simply not going to get an open look in the NBA going against a man on man defense if you don't run a play. What your seeing now is one on one basketball and in a half court set unless you have an unreal amount of offensive talent it doesn't work.

Its also going to be much harder for rookies to get adjusted to the NBA game because they had no offseason and have nothing to go on from previous experience.

Veteran teams, fast break teams that don't rely as much on running plays in the half court to score points and teams with simpler schemes on both defense and offense will do better then those that don't early on.

#1 pick Kyrie Irving was 2-12 from the floor in his debut, ouch

Your going to get alot of sloppy basketball very early on.

Teams have not had much of a chance to get their offenses in, so your going to see many a game where plenty of shots are being taken but very few are falling because players can't get open looks. Your simply not going to get an open look in the NBA going against a man on man defense if you don't run a play. What your seeing now is one on one basketball and in a half court set unless you have an unreal amount of offensive talent it doesn't work.

Its also going to be much harder for rookies to get adjusted to the NBA game because they had no offseason and have nothing to go on from previous experience.

Veteran teams, fast break teams that don't rely as much on running plays in the half court to score points and teams with simpler schemes on both defense and offense will do better then those that don't early on.

Which is why I really like the Nuggets this year. They're going to run teams out of the gym, they're deep as hell, and they don't rely on the half court, which as you said, benefits them early on in the season. And they actually have a pretty good collection of talent.

IUe6Hvh.png

Very excited for the Jazz season opener tonight. I'm anxious to see how the announced starting lineup of Jefferson, Favors, Hayward, Bell, and Harris does. A little more size than usual, and a nice fusion of athletic youth and veteran experience....I like what Coach Corbin has set up.

FAKE EDIT: Nice Staples Center home cookin'....my gosh, these refs are atrocious. Unfortunately, so is the Jazz's offense as well as TNT's pro-Laker broadcast. Hell, you'd think Kobe Bryant was the greatest human being who ever lived judging by the broadcast's bow-downnery. Unbelievable.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

The Hawks won in New Jersey by nearly 40 points.

Are the Nets that bad, or are the Hawks being a bit underrated?

I was actually at the game tonight. Had free tickets (three rows behind the Hawks bench!!). Anyway, it's definitely a case of the Nets being that bad. They were beyond atrocious, which I took great pleasure in witnessing. It was a total layup line all night, whether Okur or Humphries were in the game "manning" the paint or not. Even with Lopez, they just aren't intimidating at all down low. The Nets field a D-League roster with Deron Williams at point. I counted about three or four times someone would drive to the basket, totally uncontested by any Hawks defender and would just bobble the ball and turn it over back to Atlanta.

The crowd had some pretty loud "We want Dwight" and "We want Howard" chants. It's too bad the centerpiece of that deal, Brook Lopez, is (a) not all that good to begin with, and (b.) injured. They need Dwight in the worst way, because this team is going nowhere fast without him. I don't see why anyone would want to play for this team... even with Dwight and Deron, the roster is terrible. They'd be about as good as Orlando could hope to be this year... maybe.

"The true New Yorker secretly believes that anyone living anywhere else has got to be, in some sense, kidding."

Sixers led by 30-35 for most of the second half at Phoenix before taking the foot off the gas and winning by 20. Nash was 2-11, 4 pts, 1 asst, 6 TOs, 4 PFs in 17 mins....maybe one of his worst games as a pro

It's going to take a good month before we see the real identity & outlook of each team this season. Don't look deep into anything going on so far.

I'm not, but then again, Utah has been blown out both times so far*. :P

That said, tonight's game in Denver wasn't as bad as opening night against the Lakers. Yes, the Jazz lost by 17 mainly because of a Swiss-cheese defense, and its supposed leader Devin Harris was a disappointment again, but it wasn't all bad. The shooting was good, the team's chemistry was light-years ahead of last night, and Alec Burks looked good when he was in (albeit when the game was well out of reach).

The officiating also had a good deal of home cookin'. How does Devin Harris get hacked and loses the ball, and not have anything called? What about Gordon Hayward getting clotheslined and nothing called? Granted, the league is trying to cut down on drawn fouls (in Harris' case), but it seemed that Jazz players got whistled for less than that all night.

It just seemed like one of those "growing pains" games, but more time together with all those home games next month should help put everyone on the same page; the fallout from the lockout has hurt Utah far more than anyone expected. At least that's what I'm seeing from here.

*To be fair, they were blown out in their first 2 games last year before their November/December tear. But we all know how last year turned out.

These new Wizards road jerseys are a pain to look at. I'm not a fan of them.....

Agreed, they really don't look as good as I thought they would.

That being said, it is clear that when Melo and Chandler get into foul trouble the Knicks revert back to their old ways. Except now they can't rely on Amare bailing them out. Last year before Melo the Knicks still played no defense, except Amare had support around him (Wilson Chandler, Gallo, Fields, and Raymond Felton a TRUE point guard). Now he has nearly no support when those two are out and there's no one to get him the ball. I never thought I'd say this but they need Baron Davis in the worst way.

Archived