2011-12 NBA Season

LeGooo

I wouldn't be surprised if Noah didn't finish the year with the team. Guy's been a liability so far this season.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldn't be surprised if Noah didn't finish the year with the team. Guy's been a liability so far this season.

Agreed, I was originally absolutely against any trade for Noah that blew up that part of the team, but a Dwight for Noah-Taj-1st round picks would be alright. Not Deng though, cant let go of him.

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

I know it's early in the season, but Kobe is on a roll right now. Holy crap, doesn't he look like the Kobe of old? I guess that knee surgery he did, has done him wonders.

Players Kobe's age don't play like this for an entire season. It's a hot streak. He's going to have some of them. He's also going to have some lulls. Enjoy this while it lasts.

BB52Big.jpg

I know it's early in the season, but Kobe is on a roll right now. Holy crap, doesn't he look like the Kobe of old? I guess that knee surgery he did, has done him wonders.

Players Kobe's age don't play like this for an entire season. It's a hot streak. He's going to have some of them. He's also going to have some lulls. Enjoy this while it lasts.

Kobe's only 33. He's not that old. He's just been in the league for a long time. Still, I thought he was suppose to be getting worse, not better.

Edit: I will enjoy it while it last though. The Clips are playing the Heat pretty well. For a second there, I thought the refs were going to make the game come down to free-throws.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

Lakers win in OT in Utah. Kobe - just another 40 points. Ho-hum. Clutch in the OT. Even PAU with the 3. Bynum with the HUGE block at the end. Fantastic.

Also, the other LA team went to OT, apparently :P

(Stole my first line from ESPN, but whatever it works)

Lob Angeles. I like that a lot more than Lob City. That always sounded weird to me. Didn't flow right.

Anyway, great game from the Clips. Great disappearance from LeBron (Say WHAT?!?!)

Lakers will always (ALWAYS) be my #1, but the Clippers are the adorable little brother that makes you proud from time to time. (Must... Resist... Blake Griffin... jersey/t-shirt... Gotta admit, it's getting pretty hard. Clippers are a fun watch. Play with a different energy/style from the Lakers. Won't ever (repeat for anyone going to jump on me for bandwagoning or accuse me of leaving the Lakers... won't EVER. E-V-E-R. EVER)take over for the Lakers, but they might earn a couple of my dollars.) The highest I'll get is "Clipper Admirer". Nothing more.

Also, Billy Crystal is the Clippers' Jack Nicholson? Heh. Still got a ways to grow in LA, I guess :lol:

(And hey, I guess this game shows I don't totally hate the NBA. I actually watched this whole game. I guess Suns/Blazers really did just suck that hard for me. :lol: Good, high profile, and entertaining basketball is something I like. Who knew?)

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Lakers win in OT in Utah. Kobe - just another 40 points. Ho-hum. Clutch in the OT. Even PAU with the 3. Bynum with the HUGE block at the end. Fantastic.

Lob Angeles. I like that a lot more than Lob City. That always sounded weird to me. Didn't flow right.

Anyway, great game from the Clips. Great disappearance from LeBron (Say WHAT?!?!)

Lakers will always (ALWAYS) be my #1, but the Clippers are the adorable little brother that makes you proud from time to time. (Must... Resist... Blake Griffin... jersey/t-shirt... Gotta admit, it's getting pretty hard. Clippers are a fun watch. Play with a different energy/style from the Lakers. Won't ever (repeat for anyone going to jump on me for bandwagoning or accuse me of leaving the Lakers... won't EVER. E-V-E-R. EVER)take over for the Lakers, but they might earn a couple of my dollars.) The highest I'll get is "Clipper Admirer". Nothing more.

Also, Billy Crystal is the Clippers' Jack Nicholson? Heh. Still got a ways to grow in LA, I guess :lol:

(And hey, I guess this game shows I don't totally hate the NBA. I actually watched this whole game. I guess Suns/Blazers really did just suck that hard for me. :lol: Good, high profile, and entertaining basketball is something I like. Who knew?)

I heard that too, I hope Lob Angeles catches on.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Kobe's only 33. He's not that old. He's just been in the league for a long time. Still, I thought he was suppose to be getting worse, not better.

Edit: I will enjoy it while it last though. The Clips are playing the Heat pretty well. For a second there, I thought the refs were going to make the game come down to free-throws.

There are a lot of miles on those 33 years.

BB52Big.jpg

Tbh, watching a Suns game is almost like pulling your eyes out as awful as they are this year!

Such a lovely thing, waking up to your facebook wall plastered by dreaded Lakerwagoning trash-talk. Because we all know a close loss in OT is getting "WHOOPED!!!11!! LOLZ U GOT SURRVED" :rolleyes:

*sigh* oh well, at least we took 'em to OT. The Jazz are still looking great despite the loss, can't say I'm too dissapointed. Millsap stepped up with a monster game. I certainly hope they can keep this play up throughout the season.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Such a lovely thing, waking up to your facebook wall plastered by dreaded Lakerwagoning trash-talk. Because we all know a close loss in OT is getting "WHOOPED!!!11!! LOLZ U GOT SURRVED" :rolleyes:

*sigh* oh well, at least we took 'em to OT. The Jazz are still looking great despite the loss, can't say I'm too dissapointed. Millsap stepped up with a monster game. I certainly hope they can keep this play up throughout the season.

Lakerwagoners...what to do with them? You know you've played the Lakers tough, yet can't do much about it when Pau freakin' Gasol hits a 3-pointer. This is certainly no game to hang your head over. Hopefully, Utah can keep things up, and at the very least, come out with a performance reminiscent of 2003-04 (when they were expected to break the all-time record in futility and not even win 10 games), but there's no reason to think that they can't make the playoffs playing like this. Oh, and how about Josh Howard? He's looking like one of the best FA pickups the Jazz have had in a long time.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/basketball/nba/gameflash/2012/01/12/31207_recap.html?sct=hp_t2_a4&eref=sihp

Dwight Howard broke the record for most free throw attempts in a game... Hack-A-Dwight?

Well it didn't work, Dwight had a monster game.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/basketball/nba/gameflash/2012/01/12/31207_recap.html?sct=hp_t2_a4&eref=sihp

Dwight Howard broke the record for most free throw attempts in a game... Hack-A-Dwight?

Well it didn't work, Dwight had a monster game.

He had a 40-20 game & the Magic won, it damn sure didn't work. Kudos to Mark Jackson for actually keeping his word when it came to trying that tactic.

Two free throw records last night. The previously mentioned Dwight Howard record to attempts in a game, and the Pistons and Bucks went a combined 41 for 41 from the line

Did anyone hear Mark Jackson's interview between the 3rd and 4th quarters? Said he doesnt care if the viewers dont want to watch Dwight shoot free throws all night

And i would argue that "Hack-a-Dwight" worked to an extent. It kept the Warriors in the game til the very end. There's no one on the Warriors' roster that could guard Dwight 1 on 1, and the Magic shooters thrive on double teams. I liked the strategie. Even though Dwight but up huge stats, it was a close game til the end.

Two free throw records last night. The previously mentioned Dwight Howard record to attempts in a game, and the Pistons and Bucks went a combined 41 for 41 from the line

Did anyone hear Mark Jackson's interview between the 3rd and 4th quarters? Said he doesnt care if the viewers dont want to watch Dwight shoot free throws all night

And i would argue that "Hack-a-Dwight" worked to an extent. It kept the Warriors in the game til the very end. There's no one on the Warriors' roster that could guard Dwight 1 on 1, and the Magic shooters thrive on double teams. I liked the strategie. Even though Dwight but up huge stats, it was a close game til the end.

The Warriors are cursed. That's pretty much it.

I'm not a big fan of the hacking strategy.

I just don't think it works. The games that guys like Shaq and Wilt shot the best from the line were usually the ones where they usually had the most free throw attempts. I rather double team a guy and risk an open shot opportunity then voluntarily sending somebody to line I don't care who it is.

In defense of Golden State they probably needed to do something drastic to beat Orlando. As I said earlier Golden State appears to be trying to become more of a half court team, and Orlando is arguably the best half court team in the NBA. They're 20th in rebounds but 9th in points. Usually those two stats are pretty correlated. Your not going to find too many teams putting up big rebounding numbers but not scoring or vice versa. They also outrebound they're opponents by roughly one on average, so that tells me they play a slow paced game and are very efficient with they're scoring output.

Archived