2011-12 NBA Season

LeGooo

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mark Jackson is looking like a bad hire. He will be back on ESPN in two years.

I wouldn't go that far.

Its gonna take time in order for Golden State to adapt to that style of play. A. its a tough offense to learn and B. I don't think they quite have the right players to run it, but don't think they're far off either.

I think most people would disagree. They're playing defense, which is unheard of for that Franchise. There's a lot of hype around the team, and the players are buying into it. Theyve had a tough schedule, and two of their wins came against the Bulls and Heat, so they are competing with the big boys. Plus, their team is falling apart. Curry, Kwame Brown, and Dorrell Wright missed last nights game, cant't blame the coach for Currys bad ankles.

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

I wouldn't call a guy a bad hire 10 games into a season, especially when it's his first year and he had no offseason. And on top of that he's missed one of his top players for most those games. Jackson is trying to change the identity of this team, and its not gonna happen instantly

The Nuggets are blowing the doors off the Heatles tonight. :censored: yeah!

D-Wade just went down. They're trying to make the injury sound serious, but I'm sure he'll back for Miami's next circus stop.

6uXNWAo.png

You should hear the Celtics commentators right now. They sound so sad and depressed.

The Bulls look virtually unbeatable right now.

The game's final score was very deceiving because even though the Bulls only won by nine, the Celtics were never in the game. The closest they got was to within one early in the 4th and that was mostly to do with the fact that Chicago had most of they're second team on the floor while Boston burned up their first team unit. Once Brewer, Noah and Boozer came back in the game, the Bulls went right back to dominating.

What's really scary about Chicago right now is that they look like a team that can run the floor or play a half court game. Any one dimensional team that goes up against Chicago is going to be exposed right now. To make matters even worse, the Bulls beat the Celtics at they're own game. The Bulls only scored 4 points in the fast break against a team that has prided themselves on being the best half court defensive team in the NBA and Derrick Rose and the gang just took them apart.

I think they're the best team in the NBA out of anyone I've seen thus far. I see no weaknesses in this team right now. Only way I think you can beat them is for them to be having an off night. There's just too many ways this team can beat you.

Such a lovely thing, waking up to your facebook wall plastered by dreaded Lakerwagoning trash-talk. Because we all know a close loss in OT is getting "WHOOPED!!!11!! LOLZ U GOT SURRVED" :rolleyes:

*sigh* oh well, at least we took 'em to OT. The Jazz are still looking great despite the loss, can't say I'm too dissapointed. Millsap stepped up with a monster game. I certainly hope they can keep this play up throughout the season.

I'm sorry you have to deal with those Laker fans. Ugh, I think Still Mighty will agree with me in saying that I hate those Laker fans even though I am a Lakers fan. They're obnoxious. The Jazz played good in that game. And it came down to one Bynum block.

And after only three weeks, I would say that Kobe isn't the 7th best player, he is the best. All of the players ahead of him on the ESPN rankings, are not having as good of a year as Kobe.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

Caught the second half of that Nuggets-Heat game last night. That was pretty cool. :grin:

Yes it was. I really like this Nuggets team this year. That bench sure goes deep. It'd be nice if they had Wilson Chandler, though.

IUe6Hvh.png

Big win over the Lakers last night despite Kobe chucking his way to 42. CP3 hurt his hamstring but luckily, it wasn't a serious injury.

Yeah, but it was a home game... they're supposed to win at home. Let's see what happens when they have to go on the road and play the Lakers in the Staples Center. ^_^

IUe6Hvh.png

Big win over the Lakers last night despite Kobe chucking his way to 42. CP3 hurt his hamstring but luckily, it wasn't a serious injury.

Last night was the first time I really got to watch Chris Paul in action. Wow. Just wow. What a player. Oh, and that kid wearing 24 for the Lakers ain't bad either. B)

BB52Big.jpg

A little late on last night's Utah Jazz/New Jersey Jazz Nets game, but it was the most dominating win this year for Utah.

That said, I'm still a big fan of Deron Williams, and seriously wish him the best, whether he stays in New Jersey (not looking likely at this point) or not. The way he handled his return (off the court, anyways; he didn't have a very good night) couldn't have been better. I also feel for Mehmet Okur, coming to a bad team like the Nets. It's so weird seeing those 2 in a different uniform.

Sixers win by double-digits again and have the 3rd-best record behind OKC and Chicago. They haven't beaten anyone significant, but it feels good :grin:

It also helps me feel better about the Jazz, as that was their first win of the season. ;)

They also beat the Nuggets in Denver last night; it feels good knowing that Utah can play and win quite decidedly in the same place that they got blown out in on their second game. Of course, it probably couldn't have happened without this guy, who put the game away with a 6-0 run in the 4th quarter:

Paul-Millsap-306x421.jpg

A very sloppy victory for the Clippers (minus CP3 and MoWill) over the lowly Nets, but I'll take it, especially since we were (ahem) swept by the Nets last year. :ninja:

But the bigger news of the day is that Dwight Howard reportedly added the Clippers to his list of preferred trade destinations. If THAT trade goes down, the whole Lakers fanbase is on suicide watch.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

A very sloppy victory for the Clippers (minus CP3 and MoWill) over the lowly Nets, but I'll take it, especially since we were (ahem) swept by the Nets last year. :ninja:

But the bigger news of the day is that Dwight Howard reportedly added the Clippers to his list of preferred trade destinations. If THAT trade goes down, the whole Lakers fanbase is on suicide watch.

I wish we lived in a fantasy world and Dwight stayed in Orlando - it's good for the league. Hell, I remember in 2007 when he said he and Mickey Mouse were going to be in Orlando forever.

If he leaves just to be on some "Dream Team", people are going to think the lockout was a bigger failure than it already is, though that train of thought applies more to the Lakers or Mavericks rather than the Clippers. If he goes to the Clippers, it will be good for the league because it gives life to a team that's traditionally been awful.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Sixers win by double-digits again and have the 3rd-best record behind OKC and Chicago. They haven't beaten anyone significant, but it feels good :grin:

Like I said a few days ago the way the Sixers are playing right now, they deserve to be in the conversation for best team in the NBA.

I don't care who you played. If your ranked 3rd in offense and 2nd in defense, your a good team.

Archived