College Football 2012 Season

wILL-INI

But as has been discussed already, it looks like it's half-orange and half-blue. That orange looks like it extends all the way past just a center stripe. There's no way Florida would take the field wearing something like that.

UniversityOfFloridaGatorsJerseysWithTheNikeOrangeSleevesThatLookedLikeAss.jpg

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And how long did that abomination last?

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

And how long did that abomination last?

I believe one game. This helmet is supposed to be worn for one game. I don't see your point.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

But as has been discussed already, it looks like it's half-orange and half-blue. That orange looks like it extends all the way past just a center stripe. There's no way Florida would take the field wearing something like that.

How can you tell at that angle? It looks like a normal stripe to me, it may be thicker then normal stripes but Nike has done it before (see Georgia PC helmet or Ohio State PC helmet). Another thing, if half of the helmet was orange I would think it would have gator skin also, but it doesnt. I think this looks pretty good, might be a Pro Combat helmet if the Gators are apart of the 2012 Pro Combat line.

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

EMU may be getting new duds

AjQKxG7CAAEg-zb.jpg

(I like the matte gray helmet)

That white helmet is beautiful. The grey helmet is beyond stupid. Like I said, some schools can pull it off, others can't. Even though EMU did wear silver for over two decades, matte grey isn't the same as silver. Also, green and grey do not look good together in my opinion. That being said, I'm glad they got rid of the green helmet. Now if only they could come up with a better logo than just an E...

It seems that UA (with Texas Tech) and Adidas (with Eastern Michigan) are jumping aboard Nike's grey for grey's sake bandwagon. What random color or style divorced from any association with school traditions can we expect Phil Knight and company to propose next?

Those are basic adidas team order sheets, meaning EMU likely ordered those in much the same way a high school would. The three stripes on the sleeves of the green jersey and the wings on the sleeves of the white jersey are also stock design elements in the adidas team catalog. I think EMU is jumping aboard the grey trend, as these were most likely not designed by adidas at all, rather just ordered out of the catalog by EMU.

Also, the E works perfect as a logo. You won't get any more professional-looking than that.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I believe gray is a school color for OSU.

It is.

I'm talking historically, and traditionally. To me, just because a color is used as an outline on your logo and is listed in the style guide doesn't make it a 'school color.'

The Waving Song

Oklahoma State! Oklahoma State!

We'll sing your praise tonight;

To let you know where e'er we go,

For the Orange and Black we'll fight

We'll sing your worth o'er all the Earth

And shout: Ki Yi! Ki Ye!

In books of fame we'll write your name,

Oklahoma State!

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

If it's a stripe, it looks to be right-side heavy on the helmet, from that perspective. If it was a wide stripe, you'd think it'd cover more of the area that we can see on top.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

EMU may be getting new duds

AjQKxG7CAAEg-zb.jpg

(I like the matte gray helmet)

That white helmet is beautiful. The grey helmet is beyond stupid. Like I said, some schools can pull it off, others can't. Even though EMU did wear silver for over two decades, matte grey isn't the same as silver. Also, green and grey do not look good together in my opinion. That being said, I'm glad they got rid of the green helmet. Now if only they could come up with a better logo than just an E...

It seems that UA (with Texas Tech) and Adidas (with Eastern Michigan) are jumping aboard Nike's grey for grey's sake bandwagon. What random color or style divorced from any association with school traditions can we expect Phil Knight and company to propose next?

Those are basic adidas team order sheets, meaning EMU likely ordered those in much the same way a high school would. The three stripes on the sleeves of the green jersey and the wings on the sleeves of the white jersey are also stock design elements in the adidas team catalog. I think EMU is jumping aboard the grey trend, as these were most likely not designed by adidas at all, rather just ordered out of the catalog by EMU.

Also, the E works perfect as a logo. You won't get any more professional-looking than that.

I agree the White helmet is great, but grey isn't really a school color. As I said in earlier posts, schools are trying to use uniforms to get recruits and not expressing tradition of the school. I agree some schools don't have the tradition of older schools, so they use uniforms. I just want schools to take advantage of their color scheme to create uniforms instead of outside colors. I use Ohio for example, Ohio decided to have an all-black uniform this year. My solution is that they should have a green helmet instead of black uniforms. That way, they keep an iconic look but still get recurits in the process.

Orlando%20Magic_zpsjn8kx3lf.png

How can you tell at that angle? It looks like a normal stripe to me, it may be thicker then normal stripes but Nike has done it before (see Georgia PC helmet or Ohio State PC helmet). Another thing, if half of the helmet was orange I would think it would have gator skin also, but it doesnt. I think this looks pretty good, might be a Pro Combat helmet if the Gators are apart of the 2012 Pro Combat line.

Or it could be just a mock-up that they show recruits. LOTS of these are made up to show recruits at schools and none of them are ever intended to see the field. Basically, it's for schools that want to keep traditional looks and still show recruits crazy designs that they are "considering" just to build excitement. I've seen it happen at several places.

Did anyone see this? 2rwoowg.png

This popped up on the SEC Smack site. The guy said for the LSU game.

403871_288615151198715_100001506977961_827105_1756750970_n.jpg

Yeah We've seen it

BTW, I actually e-mailed the Gators about this helmet, asking if the LSU game rumor is true. They told me this helmet is fake and any uniform news will first be released by Nike or Gatorzone. FWIW

That's a shame because that's actually a really neat helmet.

it looks too good to not be at least a prototype...wouldn't be the 1st time an organization denied authenticity of something that was unintentionally leaked

It's definitely, at the bare minimum, a prototype, unless National Championship trophies are easier to get your hands on than I previously realized.

No way a half and half helmet would see the field. The NCAA doesn't care if you wear 50 different combos as long as the helmet is one color

The idea wasn't so much about a two sided helmet seeing the field, but rather having two prototypes on one helmet for easy display to recruits.

No way a half and half helmet would see the field. The NCAA doesn't care if you wear 50 different combos as long as the helmet is one color

Miami-Maryland-Footba_lewi2edited.jpg

didn't they sneak that one by though? Doesn't really count if you come out in one then switch to another

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

didn't they sneak that one by though? Doesn't really count if you come out in one then switch to another

If it wasn't allowed, they would have been forced to switch to something else. That's what happened with one of Under Armour's Wounded Warrior uniforms.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Miami-Maryland-Footba_lewi2edited.jpg

They wore it in two games.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived