2013-2014 NHL Uniform & Logo Changes

ksupilot

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also, I hope they troll us tonight. Come out in the normal homes for warmup and then change for player intros. If these are the sweaters, which they probably are.

I'm don't think they're doing that tonight because the Stampeders posted a picture on facebook that Drew Tate, Kevin Glenn and Bo Levi Mitchell are doing something at the game and they were all wearing personalized current home jerseys.

IbjBaeE.png

If they got rid of the square yoke and replaced the script with the Black C from their home, it would be an adequate replacement for easily the worst jerseys in the league. That being said, it wouldn't surprise me if the flames adopted the retros full time next season with a matching white.

Hah, great sig. Gotta say I agree with you on all of em. Pens is the only one I don't see going anywhere anytime soon. You may get your way with the others.

90758391980.gif

I don't understand this new found fascination with not having the hem stripes match the arms stripes.

I don't think it's really newfound. Have the Blackhawks (red) ever matched? The original Sabres (white) 1970-96 never did. Would the Canadiens and Red Wings (both reds) count as mismatched? The North Stars (white) didn't match for a period of time. There are probably more examples.

I don't understand this new found fascination with not having the hem stripes match the arms stripes.

I don't think it's really newfound. Have the Blackhawks (red) ever matched? The original Sabres (white) 1970-96 never did. Would the Canadiens and Red Wings (both reds) count as mismatched? The North Stars (white) didn't match for a period of time. There are probably more examples.

The Senators 2000-2007,the Trashers in all their history. Their might be more yes

Have the Blackhawks (red) ever matched?

Yes. From 1955 when the first incarnation of their modern uniforms were introduced to 1962, the red jersey had white-black-white-black-white sleeve stripes.

From 1958 to 1963, the sleeve stripes on the white jerseys didn't match.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Why not? It doesn't always have to be that way, but nothing wrong with spicing things up a little bit either.

You call it spicing it up, I'll call it mindless designing without a plan. I mean, I get it if there is some crazy sleeve striping that shouldn't be replicated or no arm stripes at all, but I can't come up with a good reason for this instance other than: "F*** it. Why not?"

I really hope that this is a crappy render of the Flames jersey. The font sucks and there is not enough yellow to go with the pants. I really like the shoulder patches and the fact the jersey is red.

I wonder if this is going to effect EA's jersey codes in the future.

They don't need both the script and the flaming C. They should either pick one or the other or use the flaming C and have the rest of algary follow after.

I kinda like the way it looks with the logo under the script, so I did not really think of the fact that a "C" under "Calgary" is redundant. Maybe the script should say "Flames" (since they'll be wearing at home anyway).

The template, however, screams "fashion jersey" to me.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

First time I saw it, I was reminded of the generic Walmart jersey's they sell up here in the Canadian NHL cities.

I however don't hate this jersey. I'd like to see the patch more though, just seems like train wreck with good potential.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Archived