2018 Olympic logo unveiled

btharner

Actually .. what was the last "good" olympic logo?

Not to toot my own city's horn here, but given the stage (Centennial Olympics), I think Atlanta had a decently nice logo. It wasn't that abstract and was fairly traditional.

200px-1996_Summer_Olympics_logo.svg.png

I like it. It reminds me of these:

1968s_emblem_bjpg.gif

1976s_emblem_bjpg.gif

1980s_emblem_bjpg.gif

There's a long history of abstract Olympics logos based on line art. I'm okay with it.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I like it. It reminds me of these:

1968s_emblem_bjpg.gif

1976s_emblem_bjpg.gif

1980s_emblem_bjpg.gif

There's a long history of abstract Olympics logos based on line art. I'm okay with it.

But it's 2013. For the amount of graphic software available, the 2018 logo churned out is sad. At least the logos of the 1960s and 1970s were made with limited graphic technology, so those get a pass.

:censored:ing hell.

These things get worse every Olympics.

Looks like someone took 10 minutes on MS Paint, traced random lines and said "behold, Winter Olympics logo."

Actually .. what was the last "good" olympic logo?

Why do most of the Olympic logos made recently have to be so abstract and bad?

Woof. That's awful.

Guys, you may say it looks bad, but you simply don't understand the whole design process. Dozens of people worked for months in the research and development of this logo. Many prototypes were made, many designers consulted, and many experts oversaw the production. To say that this is a terrible logo, that it was lazy, or that it is too abstracts is an affront to the field of graphic design. Until you fully understand the whole design process and the involvement by the city, the IOC, and the designers, you have no right to comment on this logo.

Jokes it sucks ass.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Archived