Rarely seen jerseys

kw11333

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All the pro combat uniforms and other one-off uni's... But that's no fun.

Miami never wears their grey

pZ3B3.Em.56.jpeg

... Or this hat

Screen-shot-2012-05-16-at-11.14.23-1.png

Aren't all of their uniforms "rarely seen" ;)

At least in person. Other than the black jersey they wear for road games.

image231164g.jpg

This was on display the day the team's nickname and logo were unveiled. The white was used only to showcase the new logo and was never a precursor to their future uniforms. I'd even bet that "prototype" helmet even has a black facemask.

6uXNWAo.png

image231164g.jpg

This was on display the day the team's nickname and logo were unveiled. The white was used only to showcase the new logo and was never a precursor to their future uniforms. I'd even bet that "prototype" helmet even has a black facemask.

You're wrong...

http://fitzcreative.com/Houston_Texans_Identity_4.html

3829676527_9435ca193f_o.png

That's Grrrrrrrrrreat!!!!!!

I don't like the tail but I like the arm loops. It reminds me of the Bengals if they were a baseball team.

Was this one ever worn? I dont recall seeing it before now.

image231164g.jpg

This was also the helmet that showed up in Madden 2002. Just realized that game is now 12 years old. Wow. The man on the cover...Dante Culpepper.

For one that continues to be a listed option for the team...

Dallas-Cowboys-2012-2013-Away-Road-Jersey-Uniform.jpg

I'm not a fan of teams wearing white home jerseys. Dallas does make it work, but I like the navy uniforms better

No Dallas doesn't make it work, its just plain boring. Maybe they are wearing the whites just to put the visiting team to sleep. It's time for the Cowboys to break their "tradition" and wear blue uniforms for a couple of home games.

But odds are the Cowboys wearing blue at home are about the same as the Seattle Seahawks wearing white at home. Nonexistent!!

That's Grrrrrrrrrreat!!!!!!

I don't like the tail but I like the arm loops. It reminds me of the Bengals if they were a baseball team.

Was this one ever worn? I dont recall seeing it before now.

This is from the link in post #82 above:

The Tigers had already played a TATC game in Detroit on July 22, and their uniforms for that game weren’t very futuristic. But they were supposedly going to wear something much more interesting for that September game at Fenway. Unfortunately, that design never made it onto the field.

I'm not sure why, but they never wore them. I assume that means they won't be wearing them full-time in 2021, either?

I'd say that common sense prevailed and there was no need for a Red Sox/Tigers gimmick game, which would be pretty beneath two of the most storied franchises in the game.

Not so. The Red Sox planned on participating, and even had the jersey on display in the team store (one I really regret missing out on, but that's a different thread). The game uniforms never made it to Fenway because of Hurricane Floyd. So both teams wore their regular stuff on the scheduled date.

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

I'd say that common sense prevailed and there was no need for a Red Sox/Tigers gimmick game, which would be pretty beneath two of the most storied franchises in the game.

Not so. The Red Sox planned on participating, and even had the jersey on display in the team store (one I really regret missing out on, but that's a different thread). The game uniforms never made it to Fenway because of Hurricane Floyd. So both teams wore their regular stuff on the scheduled date.

3830408704_d100170e50_o.png3659650597_fe64d13502.jpg?v=0

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Archived