Small details that bother you

helmet stripes extending down to the facemask like thisslideshow_1002255601_football-uga.JPG

and this12373567-essay.jpg

You know what?

I kind of like that. Not sure I'd use it if was designing the helmet--but in some cases that would work.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While we're at it, I've always hated how the "notch" in the "U" is rectangular. It looks awful with the rounded bottom. I know it's on some of the other letters, too, but it's most noticeable there.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

The NFL captain patch. I'm OK with the idea, OK with the standardized one for every team, and OK with the stars idea... but why does it have to stop after 5 years? If you're going to introduce the idea that it's important to show how long someone has been a captain, why stop at five? If someone have been a captain for 12 years, I want to see it.

It's a T and an R; completely different shaped glyphs. Nothing wrong with how they are positioned.

Yeah but that logo is completely void of any ideas. Terrible, obviously.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

Adidas made Kansas' football number font thinner when they switched to TechFits and it looks really weak and cheap.

Old:

ks-10-bluewhite-jeffmoffett-620x442.jpg

New:

ks-12-bluewhite-johnrieger-vert-620x889.

Actually looks somewhat better but both are weak and cheap! Mid 90's I used to watch their game replays as a kiddo during the week and those helmets and uniforms were pretty decrnt

I really don't like how Nashville's primary logo has a rounded stroke. It contrasts too much with the inner stroke. Also the bottom teeth have rounded inner strokes while the front teeth are sharp.

lvchw3qfsun2e7oc02kh2zxb6.gif

I'm pretty sure that's the nature of outer stroke edges on acute angled corners. If they weren't rounded they would have to be ridiculously long to meet up. Also when it comes to stitching them on a jersey, those tight angles wouldn't be practical as they would eventually get worn down due to them getting snagged constantly. A rounded edge limits this.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

Stupidly small NOBs. Really...why bother?

2410203jquxxrrj.jpg

Remembered this whole thing while watching the OU-Tulsa game last week. Can't for the life of me find a current pic of a Tulsa player (white helmets, not gold) showing the NOB but the letters are the same size as those on the front.

hi-res-157540711_display_image.jpg?13570

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Archived