2014 MLB Changes (logo, uniform wise, etc)

TheFloridianLogoMan

Figured the Brewers probably picked up the tab for the unis since I believe that's how it generally works for TBTC games, just hit a nerve w/ me cause the Twins non-matching helmets on the road has been a pet peeve of mine for years. Of course this game reminds me it's been a long-standing tradition for them, since back in the 80's they wore the red helmets home and away but wore the solid navy caps (now once again the home cap) on the road.

They always do. I think.

The Twins are the home team. Even though they're wearing road blues and the Brewers are in home pinstriped pullovers.

So his question is a good one.

Game is in Milwaukee

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I stand corrected. I thought I read that this was another game like last year in Minnesota where the Twins wanted to drag out road unis at home.

So there's your answer - the Brewers sprung for it.

The two teams play at Target Field Wednesday and Thursday. Thursday is supposed to be another TBTC game where the Twins will be wearing the "baby blues" and the Brewers supposedly will free themselves of buttons as well, unlike tonight.

Anyone know what's up with a lot of the Blue Jays players wearing neon green armsleeves, batting gloves, etc?

I haven't really seen any other team doing it.

Big Papi seemed to start this trend with his batting gloves and some Red Sox followed... Can't believe it is even allowed. It looks totally ridiculous especially the Blue Jays player with the sleeve. Just imagine if they allow these guys to wear mismatched accessories. I don't think anyone wanna see an A's wearing purple batting gloves, a Red Sox with neon orange sleeves or a Tiger sporting kelly green cleats...
Volt has hit MLB.

I would be curious to know what the rule is. If volt is allowed (which seems to be the case) can a player decide to wear any color accessories anytime? Is there a special rule regarding volt?

I stand corrected. I thought I read that this was another game like last year in Minnesota where the Twins wanted to drag out road unis at home.

So there's your answer - the Brewers sprung for it.

The two teams play at Target Field Wednesday and Thursday. Thursday is supposed to be another TBTC game where the Twins will be wearing the "baby blues" and the Brewers supposedly will free themselves of buttons as well, unlike tonight.

The Twins facebook page is billing Thursday as "80s night"...encouraging fans to dress the part, so when I saw that I figured the Brewers would be pulling out the powder blues. I'll be there so it would be cool to see the Twins in theirs...last time I saw that was 1986...at County Stadium.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

That cap got canned last year before Spring training.

I saw one of those today in Santa Monica Lids. Size 7 though. That's the only one I've seen in person since they canned it

I saw that hat on sale at a Lids in Boston just yesterday. "Canned" must be MLB code "on sale coast to coast."

I saw one (just one) at a Lids in Houston, and I asked the manager why he had just one. He said someone bought it online before it got banned and returned it to the store. No one has bought it since. I've been in that Lids twice in 4 months, and it's still sitting right there on the shelf. I imagine that's probably the case where a Lids has one single cap.

What was the size? That might also be a reason

7 or 7-1/8. Can't remember. It was too small for me, but not infant-sized.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

This one? I believe it's new for this year.

10449093_1443705819219651_650984354_n.jp

Also, on MLB 14: The Show the back of the jersey uses the current Home/Away Numbers and NOB except the Gold is replaced by the Yellow.

This is the jersey I was talking about. I don't know why they doubled the outline on the nob and numbers, does not look good.

The Show has been messing up Brewers jerseys for years. The home throwback alternate the blue is like a neon color for some reason. It has been toned down in recent versions but used to look real bad.

Is it possible that Don Zimmer will be the man honored by the most teams with memorials after his passing?

His career:

As Player
  • Brooklyn / Los Angeles Dodgers (1954–1959)
  • Chicago Cubs (1960–1961)
  • New York Mets (1962)
  • Cincinnati Reds (1962)
  • Los Angeles Dodgers (1963)
  • Washington Senators (1963–1965)
  • Toei Flyers (1966) (NPB)

As Manager

• San Diego Padres (1972–1973)
  • Boston Red Sox (1976–1980)
  • Texas Rangers (1981–1982)
  • Chicago Cubs (1988–1991)
As Coach
  • Montreal Expos (1971)
  • San Diego Padres (1972)
  • Boston Red Sox (1974–1976)
  • New York Yankees (1983)
  • Chicago Cubs (1984–1986)
  • New York Yankees (1986)
  • San Francisco Giants (1987)
  • Boston Red Sox (1992)
  • Colorado Rockies (1993–1995)
  • New York Yankees (1996–2003)
  • Tampa Bay Devil Rays/Rays (2004–2014)

I would imagine the bolded teams (Yankees, Cubs, Dodgers, Rays, Red Sox) would honor him in some way - Yankees probably just an armband, others with a patch. Has any other person ever been honored with a patch by five teams? If it does happen, it's very impressive, and speaks to what an amazing career Don had.

Honestly, as far as the Yankees go, I'd like to see them with a patch that's just Don's army helmet. So simple, but perfect.

o-DON-ZIMMER-HELMET-facebook.jpg

Anubis.png

This one? I believe it's new for this year.

10449093_1443705819219651_650984354_n.jp

Also, on MLB 14: The Show the back of the jersey uses the current Home/Away Numbers and NOB except the Gold is replaced by the Yellow.

This is the jersey I was talking about. I don't know why they doubled the outline on the nob and numbers, does not look good.

The Show has been messing up Brewers jerseys for years. The home throwback alternate the blue is like a neon color for some reason. It has been toned down in recent versions but used to look real bad.

The fact the throwback is almost a powder blue irritates me, plus they didn't add the gold jersey yet. I have no idea what they're doing.

bSLCtu2.png

Is it possible that Don Zimmer will be the man honored by the most teams with memorials after his passing? Perhaps the Yankees and Rays.

His career:

As Player

• Brooklyn / Los Angeles Dodgers (19541959)
  • Chicago Cubs (19601961)
  • New York Mets (1962)
  • Cincinnati Reds (1962)
  • Washington Senators (19631965)
As Manager

• San Diego Padres (19721973)
  • Boston Red Sox (19761980)
  • Texas Rangers (19811982)
  • Chicago Cubs (19881991)
As Coach

• Montreal Expos (1971)
  • Boston Red Sox (19741976)
  • Chicago Cubs (19841986)
  • Boston Red Sox (1992)
  • Colorado Rockies (19931995)
  • New York Yankees (19962003)
  • Tampa Bay Devil Rays/Rays (20042014)
I would imagine the bolded teams (Yankees, Cubs, Dodgers, Rays, Red Sox) would honor him in some way - Yankees probably just an armband, others with a patch. Has any other person ever been honored with a patch by five teams? If it does happen, it's very impressive, and speaks to what an amazing career Don had.

Honestly, as far as the Yankees go, I'd like to see them with a patch that's just Don's army helmet. So simple, but perfect.

I don't see the Red Sox doing more than a video board tribute for Zimmer. No way they will wear a patch or armband.

Is it possible that Don Zimmer will be the man honored by the most teams with memorials after his passing?

His career:

As Player
  • Brooklyn / Los Angeles Dodgers (1954–1959)
  • Chicago Cubs (1960–1961)
  • New York Mets (1962)
  • Cincinnati Reds (1962)
  • Washington Senators (1963–1965)

As Manager

• San Diego Padres (1972–1973)
  • Boston Red Sox (1976–1980)
  • Texas Rangers (1981–1982)
  • Chicago Cubs (1988–1991)
As Coach
  • Montreal Expos (1971)
  • Boston Red Sox (1974–1976)
  • Chicago Cubs (1984–1986)
  • Boston Red Sox (1992)
  • Colorado Rockies (1993–1995)
  • New York Yankees (1996–2003)
  • Tampa Bay Devil Rays/Rays (2004–2014)

pedro_martinez-300x3004.jpg

Where was that helmet when he needed it?

His career:

As Player

• Brooklyn / Los Angeles Dodgers (19541959)
  • Chicago Cubs (19601961)
  • New York Mets (1962)
  • Cincinnati Reds (1962)
  • Washington Senators (19631965)
As Manager

• San Diego Padres (19721973)
  • Boston Red Sox (19761980)
  • Texas Rangers (19811982)
  • Chicago Cubs (19881991)
As Coach

• Montreal Expos (1971)
  • Boston Red Sox (19741976)
  • Chicago Cubs (19841986)
  • Boston Red Sox (1992)
  • Colorado Rockies (19931995)
  • New York Yankees (19962003)
  • Tampa Bay Devil Rays/Rays (20042014)

pedro_martinez-300x3004.jpg

Where was that helmet when he needed it?

Is it bad that this was the first thing i thought of when I heard the news of his death, that's really the only thing i "know" him for. Everything else was before I got into baseball, or just didn't care enough about to remember.

Archived