buckeye

College Football 2014 Season

What a refreshing change to switch over to the Wisconsin-LSU game and see two teams in great looking uniforms. No matte, no anthracite, no oversized helmet logos, no chrome, no gradients. Just two football teams that look like football teams and not some carnival sideshow.

The facemask on the FSU helmet looks more like purple than it does garnet. The shade of gold is way too light.

I'm glad someone else noticed the face mask as well. I was thinking the coloring was off on my TV because it looked purple.

BwVNJsNIgAAIkGN.jpg

the question of the night is will this be the shade of green they use this season or will they revert back to the darker green ?

Wisconsin vs LSU is the best looking game of the weekend IMO.

Arkansas actually looked pretty nice today, in person. The metalic decal looked good on the matte helmet.

BwVNJsNIgAAIkGN.jpg

the question of the night is will this be the shade of green they use this season or will they revert back to the darker green ?

Oregon will continue using both shades of green they used last year.

Not to mention, no tomahawk stickers on FSU's helmets either. They don't look like the Seminoles, that's for sure.

Why would they have tomahawk stickers in the first game of the year?

BwVNJsNIgAAIkGN.jpg

IMO that's Nike doing modern at their best and I think it looks absolutely beautiful. It's a shame they release some of the things they do because this is top notch.

The new shade of gold on FSU's helmets is atrocious, especially under the lights at AT&T stadium. The new unis are acceptable but the helmets are a terrible execution.

Is this Washington's eggshell or polar frost helmets? They look terrible w/o the stripes. Will concur about the LSU / Wisconsin game looking great.

Don't have a picture but TCU looks great in white purple white.

fid26511.jpg?itok=mhhDOcvj

BwVNJsNIgAAIkGN.jpg

Fire_Luigi.png

is that fireball chrome with an L logo on the other side ?

Facemask truly looks purple. Needs garnet numbers and gold pants and then it would be nice. I am alright with the slightly tweaked shade of gold.

2ugo22h.jpg

Yup. I like the idea of the facemask, but bad execution. If it was that nice shade that the decal is it would look beautiful. The gold numbers aren't terrible but I think red would look a lot better. I don't mins white pants and maybe garnet every once in a while.

Also, am I mistaken or did Wisconsin have shoulder/sleeve numbers and black cleats socks?

Arkansas actually looked pretty nice today, in person. The metalic decal looked good on the matte helmet.

Love the metallic decal. I thought it was a very good looking game uniform wise.