MLB Changes 2015

TVIXX

Teams used to use different grays a few years ago. Majestic had problem making Coolbase jerseys in gray which matched the pants, so when they finally found a match, they gave that shade to all teams (and of course adjusted their pants accordingly). I think it's dumb that these teams were forced to use one gray. Some teams would look better with a slight hue to their jerseys, such as the Royals going with blue.

The Marlins original road unis from 93 to the earlier 2000s were the best of this era, with the slightly teal tinted shade of gray.

Most images I have seen dont show it clearly, but in person wheh they played the Rays I saw a difference.

As a Marlins fan I must find visual proof of this.
Cosign. I've never noticed this either.
I own one. It's true.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

tulowitzki_troy3-640x360.jpgblue-jays-jpg_620x350_2672737616.jpgPhilliesBlueJaysBaseball-05b96.jpg?uuid=

Just had to say that Tulo looks great in a Blue Jays uni. Good for Toronto. Hope it works out.

it's so weird not to see him in black pinstripes
Tulo never once wore black pinstripes, the Rox have purple pinstripes.
Well, it's at least good to not see Tulo in navy pinstripes! :P

imagejpg1_zpsbdf53466.jpg
image.jpg1_zpswbnsopjp.jpg

tulowitzki_troy3-640x360.jpgblue-jays-jpg_620x350_2672737616.jpgPhilliesBlueJaysBaseball-05b96.jpg?uuid=

Just had to say that Tulo looks great in a Blue Jays uni. Good for Toronto. Hope it works out.

it's so weird not to see him in black pinstripes
Tulo never once wore black pinstripes, the Rox have purple pinstripes.
My bad, I was thinking black hat-black pinstripes.

For some reason,that looks better on him than a Rox uni.

2v1ao9y.jpg

TRhBP9N.png

YO2Xb6F.png

cubsfansig.jpg

The mere fact that there is confusion over the color of the Rockies' pinstripes just points to the Rockies' poor attempt at color distribution. Ideally, the uniform should look like this (excuse the dodgy photoshop job):

fs11lso.jpg

Embracing purple, while relegating black to an accent color, should be the proper color distribution.

On 8/2/2015 at 0:27 AM, SFGiants58 said:

The mere fact that there is confusion over the color of the Rockies' pinstripes just points to the Rockies' poor attempt at color distribution. Ideally, the uniform should look like this (excuse the dodgy photoshop job):

fs11lso.jpg

Embracing purple, while relegating black to an accent color, should be the proper color distribution.

That's definitely the ideal look for the Rockies! I've always felt based on logos/uniforms/etc, that their primary color is purple, secondary is black, trim/accent is silver.. I think it would still be a strong identity and would look beautiful if properly executed, but having black share the spotlight as a secondary has caused them to go all "Marlins" and get very black-heavy.. Perhaps relegating it to trim status and bringing the silver more into the mix, while still emphasizing purple as the primary, is the way to go.. If they can carry over the look you presented to an away and alt, I'm all for it.. Black's a strong color, but when unique colors like purple and teal get washed out by a team trying to look like the White Sox, it gets old quickly.. Nice mock up.. I'd love to see something like that come to fruition.

They originally announced the orange hat/undershirt set as their weekend/afternoon alternates, but never really followed suit. They've only wore this set a few times this season, maybe even less than five times. They orange top with solid blue hat has been their main alt set this season, worn with both home white pants and road grey pants.

Archived