MLB Changes 2015

TVIXX

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do we know yet when the White Sox are wearing their '76 throwbacks? It was supposed to be in "early August."

I bet it's against this weekend vs. the Cubs sometime

They're wearing their '59 throwbacks on Friday to honor Minnie Minoso. I'd be surprised if they wore two different throwbacks the same weekend, though I guess Minnie technically wore the '76 uniform, too...

Teams used to use different grays a few years ago. Majestic had problem making Coolbase jerseys in gray which matched the pants, so when they finally found a match, they gave that shade to all teams (and of course adjusted their pants accordingly). I think it's dumb that these teams were forced to use one gray. Some teams would look better with a slight hue to their jerseys, such as the Royals going with blue.

The Marlins original road unis from 93 to the earlier 2000s were the best of this era, with the slightly teal tinted shade of gray.

Most images I have seen dont show it clearly, but in person wheh they played the Rays I saw a difference.

It's probably just your eyes playing tricks, every once in a while I feel the Dodgers are useing a blueish grey, but really they are just useing the same grey as everyone else.

I thought The Dodgers wore blue-grey away jerseys for decades. I guess some colors just blend well with the grey and Dodger Blue is one of those colors.

Henderson has some good examples of the various pre-CB grey shades, side-by-side. It's really something to see together.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

I hope the Dodgers don't think that their 'Los Angeles' jerseys are bad luck after getting swept in Pittsburgh. It was refreshing to see them this last road trip and I hope they don't go back to wearing the 'Dodgers' ones all the time like they have the last couple of years.

Does anyone know if the Orioles will be wearing 1995 throwbacks for the 2131 anniversary game?

Is that this year?

Yes, as hard as that is to believe.

The Orioles are actually scheduled to be in Toronto on the 20th anniversary (Sept. 6th), so they are celebrating on Sept. 1st. There is no mention on their website of throwbacks.

http://m.orioles.mlb.com/news/article/135742614/orioles-to-celebrate-20th-anniversary-of-ripkens-record-breaking-streak

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

I hope the Dodgers don't think that their 'Los Angeles' jerseys are bad luck after getting swept in Pittsburgh. It was refreshing to see them this last road trip and I hope they don't go back to wearing the 'Dodgers' ones all the time like they have the last couple of years.

I agree, it was good to see and I'm not even a Dodgers fan, I'm Angels.

Myself, I'm a strong believer that all MLB teams should wear the name of their city on their primary road jerseys.

I'm not superstitious about uniforms or kits being good or bad luck. The Pirates are a good team this year and excelling as the season progresses. It nothing to do with the Dodgers wearing the 'Los Angeles' word-mark on their jerseys.

GettyImages-483529136.0.jpg

* I'd really like to see the Cardinals make a gray version of their current cream alternate 'St Louis' uniform, and also resort back

to the navy caps on the road. I loved those hooped socks they wore against the Brooklyn Dodgers during the '42' movie on

Jackie Robinson.

A71Y8UeCAAACTXu_jpg_large.jpg

Does anyone know if the Orioles will be wearing 1995 throwbacks for the 2131 anniversary game?

Is that this year?

Yes, as hard as that is to believe.

The Orioles are actually scheduled to be in Toronto on the 20th anniversary (Sept. 6th), so they are celebrating on Sept. 1st. There is no mention on their website of throwbacks.

http://m.orioles.mlb.com/news/article/135742614/orioles-to-celebrate-20th-anniversary-of-ripkens-record-breaking-streak

Off topic, but this is why I don't like that MLB scheduling is no longer done by that husband and wife and instead done by a computer. That couple would've made sure Baltimore had a home game on the exact date of the anniversary, which is also the 20th anniversary of my 8th birthday.

It's a small thing and it doesn't really matter that it's not on the exact day, but it would've been more festive. Plus the 6th is a Sunday so you could make a bigger event out of it.

PvO6ZWJ.png

According to the mothership, they're wearing it to honor the 30th anniversary of the 1985 AL East champs. They're scheduled to wear it only once, but I imagine fans and players will love it, and it'll become a home alternate if not the primary home cap. If that's the case, I hope they pop for matching helmets.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Archived