MLB Changes 2015

TVIXX

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Like everyone else, I loved the Blue Jays rebrand. And I loved the lack of a white panel hat. And I would prefer this not become a primary cap. But it will. The best I can hope for is that the all-blue is maintained as the road cap.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I'll admit this is being nit-picky, but I'd like to see a baseball behind the blue jay, like with their old school white panel hat:

0tktrk84aehklafs38keyhu6f.gif

It would only requiring a bit of triming from their primary logo: 2559d7603ouedg7ldhw0br4fn.gif

But yeah overall, damn the Blue Jays look good.

I agree that the current logo looks better with the baseball behind it. But it was reported that MLB has a rule that no baseballs can appear on uniforms because it might be distracting to a batter. I don't know how a batter would mistake a non-moving 3 inch wide baseball with a bird over it for the actual baseball, but that's the story.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

That is also (supposedly) why the early versions of the Phillies' swirly P uniforms used a different P on the uniforms and caps (see below) . . .

5cbd956dcb9352eb46854a5cb707d1a414891575

. . . though later versions used the P with the swirl on the jersey.

mike-schmidt.jpg

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Glorious

F04EA7EC-E965-4411-B2D9-1A7AF3F6D709.png

I'm probably in a minority... but even the Jay's white panel cap just doesn't work for me. I can't get past my bias against all white/off color panels on the front of caps. The Orioles cap for example is probably my least favorite of all 30 teams.

Glorious

F04EA7EC-E965-4411-B2D9-1A7AF3F6D709.png

I'm probably in a minority... but even the Jay's white panel cap just doesn't work for me. I can't get past my bias against all white/off color panels on the front of caps. The Orioles cap for example is probably my least favorite of all 30 teams.

I'm with you. I hate the white front panel. I'm an O's fan and I hate their home hat. The road should be either the full-time or home hat and have an all black one for the road.

Last night was the first time I really watched the Mariners play all season, and the change they made to their wordmark for this season looks great, in my opinion. I don't know if they actually added more green, but their look "appears" more green to me now Before it just seemed like navy, silver, and white (blah). Maybe it was because the green blended into the navy. It seems like the silver outline being in the middle of the two colors helps the green stand on its own. It's nice to see them emphasize their most unique color a little. Something a lot of teams, in a lot of leagues, could learn from.

I have the white panel hat and think it looks great, but I'm happy the update only uses the plain blue hat. There's too much white when that hat is worn with all-white uniforms.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Like everyone else, I loved the Blue Jays rebrand. And I loved the lack of a white panel hat. And I would prefer this not become a primary cap. But it will. The best I can hope for is that the all-blue is maintained as the road cap.

Yeah I hate paneled hats. Looks so 80's/pizza boy. The Blue Jays current uniforms are almost perfect as is. They don't need to go adding caps to the rotation.

I recently watched the 1993 Blue Jays video on youtube and halfway through that season they stopped wearing the white panel caps and helmets and just went with the blue cap. Great decision. It looked so much better.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Am I the only one who thinks the Orioles should move their batting practice hat into the hat rotation? As in when they wear their orange jerseys or even the black jerseys on select games.

I don't know, but I certainly disagree with you. I'd rather the Orioles wear their road cap for all games, but at least there's a bright, nostalgic element about the white-paneled caps for the Orioles, Jay and White Sox. Plus, they match the home jersey. To me, the contrasting paneled road caps of Orioles and Brewers represent the absolute worst of the '70s.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Am I the only one who thinks the Orioles should move their batting practice hat into the hat rotation? As in when they wear their orange jerseys or even the black jerseys on select games.

hmm... I wrote this almost 30 minutes ago yet it's been almost an hour and a half... Time zone change is weird

I think they should wear it with the orange alternates. I'm a big fan of their look but the white front panel hat with orange jerseys is not their best look. There's just not enough white on the jersey to make it work.

Last night was the first time I really watched the Mariners play all season, and the change they made to their wordmark for this season looks great, in my opinion. I don't know if they actually added more green, but their look "appears" more green to me now Before it just seemed like navy, silver, and white (blah). Maybe it was because the green blended into the navy. It seems like the silver outline being in the middle of the two colors helps the green stand on its own. It's nice to see them emphasize their most unique color a little. Something a lot of teams, in a lot of leagues, could learn from.

I couldn't agree more . . . and couldn't have said it better myself.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Seems like the Jays' white-paneled caps have sparked a debate here, so I'd like to respectfully continue that.

What do you think of these type of caps?

For me, I think they're okay, but the fad needs to die out already IMO. They COULD work with a team or two, but not every team needs one. I talk uniforms/caps a lot with one of my best friends and he's in love with these type of caps that he's starting to make me lose interest in them, heh.

How about you guys? Why do you like it? Why don't you like it? How could you improve these? etc...

Archived